In a recent announcement made by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) which comes under the Government of India, it has said that efforts to set up five new Research Parks at IITs and IISc have been initiated.
The following institutes will be getting new Research Parks at their campus which will not only promote effective research but will also generate employment opportunities later. These institutes include:
These research parks will be set up at a cost of Rs. 75 crore each. The initiative has been taken on the recommendations made by the National Expert Advisory Committee (NEAC) that has been constituted by the DST.
Status of Existing Research Parks at IITs:
- According to MHRD, the government has also ensured that funding for two Research Parks at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Bombay will be continued with at least Rs. 100 crore each.
- IIT Gandhinagar's Research Park is also funded by the DST at a cost of Rs. 90 crore.
- Research Park at IIT Madras (IIT Chennai) is completely functional and has 5 Centres of Excellence, 4 Incubators, 43 Research & Development clients and a total of 55 Startups attached to it.
Government Initiatives for Research Parks:
- Periodic review of the functioning of research parks
- Providing budgetary support for campus development at IITs using eco-friendly methods
- Smart Campus Campaign which will aim at encouraging educational institutes to optimize the use of electricity, water and switch to methods such as generating power through solar installations.
- Those institutes that perform exceptionally with respect to saving, conserving as well as recycling will be rewarded.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates!