- Major Highlights of CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis
- CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis Video
- Detailed CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis
- Section-Wise CLAT 2021 Question Paper Analysis
- CLAT 2021 English Language Section Analysis
- CLAT 2021 Current Affairs & General Knowledge Section Analysis
- CLAT 2021 Legal Reasoning Section Analysis
- CLAT 2021 Logical Reasoning Section Analysis
- CLAT 2021 Quantitative Techniques Section Analysis
- Good Attempts in CLAT 2021
- CLAT 2021 Answer Key and Solutions
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CLAT 2021 was conducted on July 23, 2021, across 84 exam centres in the country. The exam was held in an offline mode from 2 to 4 pm and the question paper comprised multiple-choice questions (MCQs) only. The exam pattern of CLAT 2021 was unchanged and a total of 150 questions were asked in the entrance exam. A detailed exam analysis of CLAT 2021 has been provided in this article. The overall difficulty level of CLAT 2021 was Moderate. Candidates who appeared for the law entrance exam can go through the overall as well as section-wise analysis given ahead.
Major Highlights of CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis
Some of the major highlights of the CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis have been captured below:
- The overall difficulty level of the exam was Moderate. CLAT 2021 was easier than CLAT 2020.
- Students had to attempt 150 questions in 120 minutes.
- +1 will be awarded for every correct answer while 0.25 marks will be reduced for every incorrect attempt.
- The overall exam was reported as lengthy.
- A total of 30 questions were asked in the Logical Reasoning section, 30 were from the English Language, 40 from Legal Reasoning, 35 from Current Affairs & GK and 15 questions from Quantitative Techniques.
- Maximum questions were from the Legal Reasoning while the least number of questions were from Quantitative Techniques.
- The most time-consuming section was Legal Reasoning.
- The Quantitative Techniques section was a bit difficult when compared to that of the last year. No graph questions were given in this section. Most of the questions were based on the topics percentage, ratio etc.
- The easiest section to attempt was the English Language section.
- The English section saw passages on Education, COVID-19 Vaccination, Truth and Reconciliation Commission etc. Questions were direct and to the point.
- The difficulty level of Logical Reasoning was Moderate, Legal Reasoning was Moderate, Quantitative Techniques was Moderate to Difficult, the English Language was Easy to Moderate and the Current Affairs & GK Section was Moderate.
- The cut-off is expected to be high for CLAT 2021.
CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis Video
Detailed CLAT 2021 Exam Analysis
The highlights of the CLAT 2021 analysis has been provided below. Candidates are required to go through the table to get an overview of the exam.
Overall Exam Difficulty
No. of Questions in English Language Section
No. of Questions in Current Affairs & GK Section
No. of Questions in Legal Reasoning Section
No. of Questions in Logical Reasoning Section
No. of Questions in Quantitative Techniques Section
+1 for each correct answer, -0.25 for an incorrect answer
Section-Wise CLAT 2021 Question Paper Analysis
Provided below is the section-wise details of the CLAT 2021 question paper analysis. The conclusions have been made based on the analysis of experts and students' feedback.
Easy to Moderate
Current Affairs & General Knowledge
Moderate and Lengthy
CLAT 2021 English Language Section Analysis
The difficulty level and type of questions that were asked in the English Language section of CLAT 2021 have been discussed here.
- A total of 30 questions were asked in this section.
- The difficulty level was easy to moderate.
- This section included 6 passages on which questions were framed.
- The passages were based on topics such as Education, COVID-19 Vaccination, Truth and Reconciliation Commission etc.
- Almost all the questions were direct and to the point.
CLAT 2021 Current Affairs & General Knowledge Section Analysis
Candidates can go through the points mentioned below to get the details of the Current Affairs and the General Knowledge section of CLAT 2021.
- The difficulty level of this section was moderate.
- 35 questions were asked in this section which included GK as well as current affairs.
- 7 passages were given on which all the questions were based.
- Each passage of Current Affairs saw 1-2 questions that were from Static GK.
- Questions asked in this section were from topics such as World Water Day, JAI Shakti Ministry, PM Visit to Bangladesh, Chabhar Port etc.
CLAT 2021 Legal Reasoning Section Analysis
A detailed analysis of the Legal Reasoning section in the CLAT 2021 exam has been provided below.
- Legal Reasoning was the lengthiest and most time-consuming section of CLAT 2021.
- It included 8 passages which was the maximum number of passages given in all the sections of the exam.
- The difficulty level was moderate but overall the section was quite lengthy.
- Students had to spend a lot of time to go through the information given as the passages were around 450 words each.
- Questions were asked on Contract Law, Res Judicata- CPC, Law of Torts- Volenti Non Fit Injuria, Compassionate Appointment, Law of Crimes, and Family Law- Marriage.
CLAT 2021 Logical Reasoning Section Analysis
Check out the CLAT 2021 question paper analysis for the Logical Reasoning section below.
- This section comprised a total of 30 questions.
- All questions were based on 7 passages.
- The difficulty level of Logical Reasoning in CLAT 2021 was moderate.
- The passages covered topics such as - Climate Change in Asia, COVID-19 Death Rates in India, Challenges to Indian Diplomacy, Critique of School as an Institution etc.
- There were a total of 5 questions per passage.
CLAT 2021 Quantitative Techniques Section Analysis
The pointers explaining the gist of the Quantitative Techniques section in the CLAT 2021 have been given here.
- The overall difficulty level of Quantitative Techniques in CLAT 2021 was difficult. It was tougher as compared to CLAT 2020.
- 3 passages were given in this section.
- The total number of questions asked was 15.
- Graphs and tabular data was not provided in any passage, hence students took some time to read through the information.
- Most of the questions were based on Arithmetic and the topics included percentages, ratio, number systems, etc.
Good Attempts in CLAT 2021
The total number of good attempts in each section of CLAT 2021 will be provided in this section. Candidates will also be apprised of the expected CLAT 2021 cutoff once the exam analysis is out.
Aspirants must note that there is no sectional cut-off in CLAT. However, the number of good attempts in each section plays a major role in determining the final score of the applicant. Check the ideal attempts for each section below.
24 - 27
Current Affairs & General Knowledge
20 - 24
34 - 36
19 - 21
8 - 10
CLAT 2021 Answer Key and Solutions
The answer key of CLAT 2021 is a great tool for candidates to analyse their performance and calculate their estimated overall score and rank. To predict their rank, they can also use the CLAT 2021 Rank Predictor. The provisional answer key of CLAT 2021 has also been released on July 23 and students had a window until July 24 (by 9 pm) to raise objections to it before the final answer key is released.
|CLAT 2021 Answer Key Provisional/ Final for UG & PG - Download PDF Here!||CLAT 2021 Question Paper & Official Answer Key|
|Private Law Colleges in India Accepting CLAT Scores|
|CLAT 2021 Counselling Process|
|Top 20 Law Universities in India Accepting CLAT, LSAT, SLAT Scores|
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for all CLAT 2021 related news and updates. If you have any questions, send them to us through the QnA Section or call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877.