How to Prepare
MICAT 2017 Question Paper Format
MICAT 2017 News and Updates
MICA Ahmedabad has released the official notification for admission to its one-of-a-kind Post-Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) programme. Conducted in two phases, MICAT is a computer-based entrance exam. As per the official notification, MICAT-I will be held in the ...Read more
The GE & PI call letter for MICAT (II) 2017 qualified candidates have been released. The candidates who appeared for MICA Admission Test (MICAT) and qualified in the examination can download the call letter. The call letters for GE & PI of MICAT (II) 2017 have been released on the official ...Read more
MICA Ahmedabad has published the admit card of MICAT I examination which is going to take place on December 11, 2016. The examination is being conducted in online mode. The online registration process for MICAT examination commenced in the month of September and concluded on November 27, 2016. It ...Read more
The MICAT or MICA Admission Test is a PGDM-C Entrance exam conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA).The exam is designed to test a candidate's aptitude and orientation towards communication as a profession.The candidate will be called for MICAT, subject to his application accepted by MICA. MICAT is a mix of the objective and subjective exam.
The selection process of PGDM-C involves three steps :-
- Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT (2015 onwards).
- MICA Admission Test (MICAT) twice in an academic year: MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT). Each candidate who applies to MICA with CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT (2015 onwards) will be called for MICAT, subject to their application form is complete and accepted by MICA.
- Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI).
MICAT 2017 Conducting Body
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) is the only residential institute in the country and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution, offering a wide-range of academic programs during the past two decades, MICA now has three residential programs - the Post Graduate Programme (PGP), the Crafting Creative Communications (CCC) and the Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
MICAT Contact Details
|Address||MICA Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 058, Gujarat, India|
|Phone no||+91 2717 308250 +91 2717 308349|
1) Can you tell me something about MICA?
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad), is a residential institute dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution.
2) Is there any difference in the PGDM-C provided by MICA and the courses offered by other business schools?
Though the curriculum may have similarities, the creative thinking and communication skills for creating professionals that are customer and market oriented is where the program at MICA differs from the others. A list of courses provided by MICA ONLY: Media Management Market Research & Analytics Advertising Management Brand Management MICA is the only one B-School providing unique specializations in the emerging fields such as: Digital Communication Management Social Change Leadership .
3) Please elaborate the key strength of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) program at the MICA?
The course focuses on development of consumer centricity, creative thinking, communication and community outreach for inculcation of leadership skills in the students.
4) What is the fee for the MICAT exam?
The fee is Rs. 1965 (for all category applicants).
5) Where do I pay my fees?
a)Candidate can pay ‘Application Fee’ through :-Using Master or Visa Card,Deposit the fee in cash against the SBI challan at any nearest SBI branch,Through DD, drawn in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad. b)Candidates must note that the option to edit form will not be made available once form will be duly submitted and payment of application fees will be made. c)Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee.
6) When will MICAT be held and can I choose an exam date?
MICAT will be held on December 11. Based on your selection of preferred exam city, you will be allotted the session slot and exam center, subject to availability.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from December 02, onwards. You will have to log onto the MICAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
8) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
9) How many times the MICAT is conducted in a year?
MICAT is conducted 2 times in a year; in the months of February and December.
10) Can I appear in MICAT both the times?
YES. But the candidates have to apply twice & pay the fee twice as per the schedule released by the MICA. If the candidates fail to qualify the first exam, they can take the next one. The second exam will also be open for the candidates who have NOT been offered confirmed offer if selection.
11) What is the mode of conduction of MICAT Exam?
Online or Computer Based Test (CBT).
12) What are the various Eligibility Norms of the PGDM-C Program?
The eligibility details are as follows: A degree of graduation level in the pattern of 10+2+3 education OR Any other equivalent degree in a course which has been recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. The final year students of the above said degree courses are also eligible to take the exam.
Please note that the candidates exhibiting aptitude of assessing or incepting the ideas affecting the people towards action and driving the business results will be preferred.
13) How will the online test be different from the offline one?
The exam format will be same. However, the question papers will appear on the computer screen and the answers are also to be marked on the computer screen only; using the mouse etc. Further, the subjective answers are to be typed using the keyboard.
14) How can I get familiarized with the online exam?
An online test (Demo or Mock) has been uploaded on the official website. Solve it for practice.
15) Can I use my own computer for taking the test?
NO. Every candidate will be allotted a computer at the exam center itself.
16) Can the test be taken from ANY computer?
No. Every applicant will be given a test center via the Admit Card and he or she has to report there on exam day. The allotment of computers will be done to all the candidates roll number wise. Every candidate has to sit on the computer allotted to him or her in the exam center by the invigilator.
17) What should I do to prepare for the Exam and further rounds?
MICAT will assess the candidates on the following parameters: Analytical and verbal ability Logical reasoning Divergent thinking Written communication skills Creative potential General awareness about contemporary social and industry related issues The exam requires the candidates to be well read, intelligent, innovative and having a mind working of analytical kind. Reading newspapers regularly, solving analytical questions and working hard on creative writing are what will help all candidates to crack the exam. After the exam, there will be rounds of GE and PI which will be conducted ONLY for the exam qualified candidates. The candidates will have to go through a series of interaction sessions with the exam committee. In these rounds, the Strategic Marketing and Communication Skills will be tested.
18) What are the various steps of admission process in PGDM-C program at MICA?
There will be 3 steps in the complete selection or admission process, which are as follow-
Step 1 – Entrance Exams (CAT, XAT, and GMAT) Every candidate has to qualify any ONE of these exams. The scores will be accepted for CAT 2015, GMAT 2012 (onwards) and XAT 2016.
Step 2 – The next step is to qualify the MICAT Exam.
- Only CAT, XAT or GMAT qualified candidates are eligible for this exam. MICAT will be conducted in ONLINE mode. ?However, no minimum scores in these exams are fixed for such candidates.
- MICAT will be assessing the candidates on the following: Divergent thinking abilities Written communication abilities General awareness about contemporary socio-political and business issues, including areas relevant to media marketing, advertising Current affairs Analytical and verbal abilities .
- The MICAT will also comprise the psychometric profiling which will be used for assessment of the leadership potential of the candidate Step 3 – Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI).
19) What is the exam pattern of MICAT?
MICAT will be an online exam testing the following:
- Analytical and verbal ability
- Logical reasoning ?Divergent thinking
- Written communication skills
- Creativity potential
- General awareness about contemporary
- All the psychometric questions are compulsory. A sample psychometric test will also be uploaded on the official website near the exam.
20) What is the GE and PI pattern of MICAT?
Pattern of Group Exercise (GE): I.It is a team work evaluation process. II.The performance of the candidates will be judged on the basis of performance with the group members. III.No shortlisting will be done after this round. Pattern of Personal Interview (PI) Round: i.In this round, the interaction of exam committee and candidates will be there. ii.Creative Leadership in Communication driven industry and Strategic Marketing will be assessed in this round.
21) When the MICAT Result will come?
You can check the MICAT Result in third week of 19,December.
22) What are the cutoffs for all exams?
The CAT, XAT and GMAT qualified candidates will be directly eligible for MICAT. Also, there is NO SET Cutoff Scores for the GE and PI Rounds.
23) What is the cut off score for MICAT and GE/PI?
MICAT: All candidates who apply to MICA through CAT/XAT/GMAT irrespective of their score, will be called for MICAT, subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA. GE/PI: There are no standard cut-offs. Individuals taking the MICAT must attempt and complete all the sections of the test satisfactorily to qualify for GE & PI. Performance in MICAT and CAT/XAT/GMAT will be considered for shortlisting for GE/PI.
24) Is there any weightage for the work experience?
Yes. The candidates with relevant work experience will be preferred.
25) What are the placement status?
For several years, MICA has a record of 100%. The details can be availed of from the Placements Section on the official website.
26) Is the course a degree or Diploma course?
PGDM-C is an AICTE DIPLOMA which has been recognized equivalent to the MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
27) How are applicants shortlisted for the second stage of selection process?
Applicants are shortlisted based on the following process:-
i.Psychometric test is a qualifier.
ii.Those who qualify on the Psychometric test shall be assessed for MICAT sections on Verbal ability, Quantitative ability, General awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning.
iii.Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score** in each of the sections namely: VA, QA,GA and DCR shall be evaluated on Descriptive Test.
iv.Those who qualify on the basis of a, b and c as mentioned above and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI. Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-1and /or 2 or better of the two scores if a candidate has taken both MICAT-1 and MICAT-2.
28) What is the fee structure of PGDM (Communications )?
The programme cost for the PGDM-C for two years, including tuition fee, residential charges (Boarding and Lodging) etc is Rs. 14, 50, 000 (approx.)*
29) What are various course specializations at MICA?
The list is as follows:
c)Digital Communication Management
e)Marketing Research and Analytics
f)Social Change Leadership.
30) What is the annual intake under PGDM-C?
The maximum intake for PGDM (C) is 180 students.
31) What are the other “ON CAMPUS” activities at MICA?
MICA always encourages the students for extra-curricular activities for overall development. A number of events are run by the informal as well as formal student committees throughout the year.
32) Are there any student exchange learning programs which are being run with the foreign universities?
Yes. The details can be seen under the International section on the official website.
33) What is psychometric test?
Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals' mental capabilities and behavioural style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities).
34) What are contact details of MICA's admission helpline?
You can e-mail your queries to (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call+91-2717-308313 during office hours on working days.