Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The University of Delhi UG admission process 2020 started in July the delay in the same was due to COVID-19 outbreak. To solve the problem, the varsity has planned to make the entire admission process online to minimise the students’ visits to the university. DU had also released a schedule for merit-based UG admissions. The registration process for DU UG Admissions 2020 ended on 31st August and over 5.63 lakhs students have applied for admissions. Delhi University First Cutoff 2020 has been released on 10th October 2020. The cutoff this year is higher in comparison to the previous years' cutoff scores. The second cutoff was released on 17th October 2020 and the DU third cutoff list was released on 24th October 2020.
|DU Science Cut-Off||DU Arts and Commerce Cut-Off 2020|
The application fee for merit-based courses is Rs 250 while for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD/EWS category, the registration fee is Rs 100. The application fee for Delhi University entrance based courses is Rs 750.
Table of Content
Important Dates for DU UG Admissions 2020
The important dates for DU UG Admission 2020 are as follows:
|DU First Cutoff 2020||10th October 2020 (Released)|
|Admission Against 1st Cutoff List||12th-14th October 2020|
|DU Second Cutoff 2020||17th October 2020 (Released)|
|Admission Against 2nd Cut Off List||19th October to 21st October 2020|
|DU Third Cutoff 2020||24th October 2020 (Released)|
|Admission Against 3rd Cut Off List||26th to 28th October 2020|
|DU Fourth Cutoff 2020||31st October 2020|
|Admission Against 4th Cut Off List||2nd November to 4th November 2020|
|DU Fifth Cutoff 2020||7th November 2020|
|Admission Against 5th Cut Off List||9th to 11th November 2020|
|Admission Against Special Cut Off||13th November 2020|
There's only one application for selecting multiple courses for DU UG admissions 2020 and 4 exam centres will have to be selected in the DU application form. The system will automatically calculate the fee according to the category and courses selected. Selection of the colleges/courses will be done at the time of the first cut off. Five DU cut-offs will be released for 2020 along with one special cut off.
DU Online Admission Process 2020
DU admissions will be carried out through the online mode only. All the candidates will have to register on the DU online admissions portal (https://ug.du.ac.in). All UG admissions for 2020-21 will be done via this portal. Only eligible applicants who register online through the university portal can be considered for admission.
DU Admission Process Major Changes 2020
Some of the major changes in the 2020 admission process at DU are as follows:
- DU has introduced a single-form for DU admissions 2020. The students will not have to limit their choice by only choosing a specific course or college. Every student who registers with DU will be considered for all colleges and courses on the basis of merit. Students can fill top 5 choices which will be considered while allocating colleges or courses to them.
- There will be no deduction of 5 per cent marks for the students who change their stream to apply for BA courses.
- Since the entire admission process is being conducted online, the document verification will also take place online. Only in the final leg of admissions, students will be required to appear for the physical document verification round.
- 4 exam centres have to be selected in the DU application form 2020.
- Instead of the open house programmes which were conducted earlier for resolving the doubts and queries of the parents and students, webinars will be held. Webinars will cover the registration process initially and after that, issues pertaining to the best of four, cut-off, admissions, how to choose college or course etc will be taken up in August.
DU Admission Process Major Changes
The following are the major changes introduced by the University of Delhi for DU Admissions 2019:
- Earlier, the students from other boards would face a 2.5 % deduction in marks during the admission process. In 2019, every state board was valued in the same manner.
- DU had introduced an online calculator to help the students while filling the marks.
- Yoga was no more a part of the DU sports quota and it was put under the extracurricular activities.
- DU included Modern Indian Languages in the list of academic subjects which meant that a student could choose them as one of their main subjects while calculating their best four scores. 2.5% deduction of marks were also discarded.
- DU released a separate cut-off list for students belonging to EWS category.
- The varsity also made it mandatory to carry out a forensic examination of mark sheets and documents submitted for PG admissions.
- Delhi University also hiked the registration fee. General category candidates had to pay Rs. 250, while SC/ ST candidates had to pay Rs. 200.
- If a student changed the stream while filling the online application form, only 2% of marks were deducted. Until 2018, it was 5%.
- Delhi University made use of the database of CBSE for obtaining students’ certificates and mark sheets.
- ECA and sports admissions of DU were delinked to the admission cutoff lists.
- DU affiliated colleges had representatives from various categories (EWS, OBC, ST, SC, Northeast etc.) in their grievance committees.
- The varsity displayed the cutoff lists and vacant seats list 24/7 on its official website.
More updates regarding DU admissions 2020 will be updated on CollegeDekho as and when the University of Delhi releases notifications. Stay tuned.
If you have any doubts about DU admission process 2020 for UG, PG, M.Phil and PhD courses, please ask your query through Q & A section of CollegeDekho