The Delhi University application process wrapped up on 7th June 2018. The Delhi University first cutoff list 2018 has been released on 18th June 2018. The admissions basis DU first cut off list 2018 will be conducted between 19th - 21st June 2018 for merit-based courses. Admission to all undergraduate courses for the session 2018-19 will be done on the basis of cutoffs except for nine courses.
Most top colleges of DU offer admission to the top performers after the Delhi University first cutoff list and fill most seats that are available in the DU colleges. Delhi University first cut-off list 2018 has recorded a marginal dip as compared to last year with the highest cut-off 98.75% for BA (programme) offered by Lady Shri Ram College.
In order to understand the trend of DU cut offs 2018, students can check last year's Delhi University first cut-off for various science, commerce and humanities courses to get an estimate of the scores they will need to secure admission in the university. Please note that the cut-off is prepared on the basis of the number of applicants who seek admission in the university as well as the normalizing the class 12 results of various boards of education.
DU First Cutoff List 2018 for Commerce and Arts:
You will be able to find the Delhi University Arts and Commerce first cut-off list here once released. You can check the official DU first cut off for commerce and arts courses here. Check college wise DU Commerce and Arts cut off here.
DU First Cutoff List 2018 for Science:
You will be able to find the Delhi University Science first cut-off list here once released. You can check the official DU first cut off for science courses here. Check college wise DU Science cut off here.
DU First Cutoff 2018 Highlights:
- Highest cut-off has dropped by 0.91% i.e. 98.75% for BA (programme) offered by LSR, whereas the highest cut-off last year was 99.66% for B.Sc (Hons) in Electronics offered by SGTB Khalsa College.
- Next in line is the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce with 98.50% cut-off requirement for BA (Hons) in Journalism, followed by LSR with 98.25% for BA (Hons) in Psychology.
- The highest cut-off in Science stream is 98% for B.Sc (Hons) in Physics and B.Sc (Hons) in Computer Science course set by Hindu College and SGTB Khalsa College respectively.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) has also set its cut-offs relatively low this year. the college is offering B.Com Honours and B.A Hons in Economics at 97.75% and 98.50% respectively.
- The highest cut-off for B.A (Hons) English in 2018 is 98% that has been set by the Hindu College, followed by Hansraj College at 97.25%.
Students who have cleared the cut-off can secure their seats at the respective colleges by paying the admission fees and getting their documents verified. Check out the list of essential documents below.
Important Documents for reporting at DU:
- Pass Certificate for Class 10 issued by the Board
- Class 10 Mark-Sheet
- Class 12 Mark-Sheet
- Original or Provisional Pass Certificate for Class 12 Board Exams
- Character Certificate issued by the School
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (for candidates who seek admission through reserved seats)
- Latest Transfer Certificate
- 2 Passport-size photographs (self-attested)
- Scanned Signature
- Sports Certificate for last 3 years (if applicable)
DU releases up to 5 cut-off lists on the basis of seats that will be remaining vacant after the first round of admission. Admission to 9 of the programmes offered by DU will be done on the basis of entrance tests. The university will be conducting DU JAT in June last week. For more updates on DU cut-offs, visit collegedekho.