NPTEL or National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning will offer a total number of 159 courses for its July to November 2017 session. Among these 159 courses, 43 are old, and 116 are new courses. The online enrollment for all these courses has begun. Interested candidates can visit the NPTEL official portal for registration or enrollment.
NPTEL came into existence in 2003 when the following institutes initiated it: -
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT Guwahati)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
Coordinator of NPTEL at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras), Prof. Andrew Thangaraj said that the courses offered by NPTEL provide a unique opportunity to learners around the country to access the IISc and IIT systems. Experts from various reputed institutions guide the students who get a chance to learn as per their interest and further receive a certificate that certifies their abilities in a specific area.
The courses at NPTEL will begin from July 24 or latest by August 21, 2017. There is no clarity on the exact date yet. The examination dates might be either September 24 or October 22, 2017. NPTEL offers all the courses free of cost. However, if the participants wish to take the certification examination, they will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1000 per course examination.