How to Prepare
KEE B.Tech 2017 Question Paper Format
KEE B.Tech 2017 News and Updates
Karunya &University conducts Karunya Entrance Examination (KEE) ever year for the admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) course. The details related to selection and counselling procedure are given below. Selection Procedure: - The applicants need to appear for an entrance ...Read more
KEE B.Tech 2017
Karunya Entrance Examination (KEE) B.Tech is an all India level admission exam. The test is conducted by Karunya University,Coimbatore in more than 58 locations across India. The students who desire to study undergraduate engineering degree course from Karunya Institute of Technology and Science (KITS), Tamil Nadu, then they need to qualify in the KEE B.Tech exam.
Karunya Institute of Technology and Science offers various specializations in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech). These are as follows -
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
B.Tech in Bioinformatics
B.Tech in Biotechnology
B.Tech in Civil Engineering
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics and Media Technology
B.Tech in Food Processing and Engineering
KEE B.Tech 2017 Conducting Body
Karunya University (formerly Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, KITS) is a fully residential, evangelical Christian university located in Coimbatore, India. It was founded as a Christian radical institution by the late D. G. S. Dhinakaran, his son Paul Dhinakaran, Christian evangelists and the founders of Jesus Calls Ministries, India. This deemed university has been accredited by NAAC with a 'B' grade. Karunya is one among the top private universities in India to be rated under five-star category and the university has won the record for participation in the largest-ever awareness program on environmental awareness organized by the Coimbatore municipal corporation.
KEE B.Tech Contact Details
|Address||The Admissions Officer, Karunya University, Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore - 641114, Tamil Nadu, India.|
KEE B.Tech FAQ
1) WHAT IS KEE?
Karunya University conducts Karunya University Engineering Entrance Examination (KEE) for admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes. KEE is a all India level online examination which is conducted for admissions in Coimbatore campus.
2) How can I reach the Karunya University campus?
Check the map on the bottom of the Admissions Website for Driving Directions to Karunya University.
3) How to apply for KEE ?
Candidates can apply online.
4) Is it absolutely necessary to register with an email id if one opts for online application?
YES. The email containing link to confirm your email-ID will only be sent to the registered email id. You should therefore use your personal email-id.
5) I have forgotten my password that I had given during registration. What should I do?
You can retrieve your password using the ‘Oops! I forgot my password’ link provided on the login page. This password can be retrieved maximum twice.
6) I have made a mistake while entering some data in my application form. How can I edit/correct it?
The link for editing the application form will be made available on the website in the last week of April and then you can edit the required fields.
7) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
8) What is the eligibility criteria for KEE ?
Candidates should have pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50 % marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
9) How many marks should a candidate score in higher secondary examination to get admission for B.Tech degree?
A candidate should score a minimum of 50% in Maths, Physics and Chemistry to get admission for B.Tech degree. For B.Tech Bio branches, students from Computer Science and Biology are also considered. For core engineering branches, A pass in 10+2 Vocational stream (with the subjects General machinist, electrical machines and appliances, electronic equipments, draughtsman civil, auto mechanic, textile technology, etc.) with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with minimum average percentage put together 50%.
10) What is the structure of KEE?
- Duration of the KEE – will be 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Questions are of objective type.
- Each question will have 4 alternate answers. The correct answer has to be chosen and the appropriate oval should be shaded in the OMR answer sheet.
- KEE - is an objective type examination, in which questions will be covered from the +2 / HSC level subjects namely Maths, Physics, Chemistry & General Aptitude and Christian Values / General Ethics.
11) Is there any negative mark for wrong answer?
Yes. For every wrong answer, there is a negative mark of 0.25.
12) I passed my XIIth board exam before 2016 but my date of birth is within eligible range. Am I eligible for admission?
YOU ARE NOT, UNFORTUNATELY. You need to satisfy all criteria of eligibility.
13) I did not have one subject among Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in my XIIth board exam. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible. Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject-sections as they wish. However, only the best three subject-scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation. However, if selected you will have to study all 4 subjects (B,C,M,P) in the first year only.
14) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for Karunya University (B.Tech)?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for karunya University (B.Tech).
15) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
16) How will I come to know about KEE results?
Results will be declared on last week of April, and the rank obtained will be intimated through SMS. Candidates can download the rank card from website.
17) What are the specializations offered in Karunya University for B.Tech?
Various B.Tech branches offered by the Karunya University are -
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Bioinformatics
- B.Tech in Biotechnology
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Media Technology
- B.Tech in Food Processing and Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
18) What about the fee structure for various programs?
For details on Fee Structure, go to the respective page of the programme in the Admissions Website
(Eg. Ungergraduates Fee Structure)
19) When is the last date to pay the tuition fees to be admitted?
- The first installment of tuition fee should be paid immediately during the submission of online application form.
- B.Tech. admissions are purely based on merit through online mode only. Candidates are advised not to approach any agents/ consultants /mediators regarding B.Tech. admissions at Karunya University.
20) What about Hostel accommodations?
Karunya University has residences separate for boys and girls. The hostels are fully residential and include excellent dining, bathing, and sleeping facilities.
21) Are scholarships available for the University Students?
For B. Tech. courses:
- Jesus Calls Young Partners can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs.50,000/-
- Wards of Alumni or Staff can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 30,000/-
- Siblings of current student or Alumnus of Karunya University can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 30,000/-
- Child of a Pastor / Missionary from Registered Church or Missionary Organization can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 30,000/-
- The girl students who are not eligible for any of the above scholarships can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 20,000/- .
- However, one student is entitled for any one of the above scholarships.
- Apart from this, the students are eligible to receive Government Scholarship
- Institutional Scholarships (Dr. D.G.S. Dhinakaran memorial educational scholarships for economically weak section of students)
- Sports Quota students are eligible for the concession of 50% or 100/% (including hostel charges).
22) What about dress code?
Men: Students must be neatly dressed in formal and clean-shaven with a decent hair cut at all times when in the campus. Earrings & Ear Studs are not permitted. Formal trousers, shirts (tucked in) and shoes whenever they are in the University campus. During University functions and on special occasions, they should wear University uniform (blue blazer and tie). T-shirt / Jeans (of any type including cargo) and low waist trousers are not permitted.
Girls: Girl students are required to wear either salwar kameez or Churidhar with dupatta pinned at the shoulders or sarees and should wear University uniform [Blue Blazer] on special occasions.
Casual dress meaning Jeans & decent T-shirt with collar and sleeves (for boys), Jeans and long Kurtas (for girls) is also permitted.
23) What about Campus Placements at University?
- Karunya has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs.
- As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the Karunya University prior to their leaving the campus.
- Apart from Placement interviews on other campuses in and around Coimbatore, in which our students participate, a number of interviews are held on our campus.
24) What about external courses for higher studies?
Karunya University is not offering any external / part time courses.
25) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of Karunya Entrance Examination counseling?
Yes. Parents and/or guardians should accompany the prospective students.
26) Should we deposit the original certificates/ documents on the day of Karunya Entrance Examination counseling?
No, the students need not submit the original certificates during counseling. However they need to submit the original certificates on the day of enrollment.