How to Prepare
PESSAT 2017 Question Paper Format
PESSAT 2017 News and Updates
Selection Criteria Results will be announced after 1 week of the conduction of the test. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of the test score and personal interview. Counselling Details The first round of PESSAT counseling will be organised in June while the second round ...Read more
PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT) is national level computer-based management entrance test. The students who want to take admissions to undergraduate programmes at PES University, need to write PESSAT exam.
PESSAT 2017 Conducting Body
PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT) will be conducted by PES University and CET conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority Test can be taken by booking a slot online at university website. PES University, located in Bangalore, India is one of the country’s leading teaching and research universities. The University is committed to providing “education for the real world” that inspires students to realize their potential. Our students graduate with the ability to adapt to an intellectually and technologically changing environment.
PESSAT Contact Details
|Address||PES University, 100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560085|
|Phone no||+91 80 2672 6622|
1) What is PESSAT Examination?
PESSAT is being conducted by the PES University for admission to engineering and other courses. The PESSAT engineering entrance exam will be held in various test centers across cities in India. PESSAT for other courses shall be held only in Bangalore. Candidates can register online and book their slots for the PES University entrance test and appear in the designated test center.
2) PESSAT B.tech is conducted by whom?
- CET conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority.
- PESSAT conducted by PES University.
3) How many people have given PESSAT Exam?
2016 year it was around 16k,last year i.e 2015 11k wrote the pessat exam.
4) How to Print PESSAT Application Form?
Candidates need to fill in the following details in order to print the PESSAT Application Form:-
- Registration No
- Date of Birth.
5) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
6) How to upload Candidate’s Photograph?
The candidates are required to upload their scanned copy of passport size image in the space provided. After clicking on the confirm button, the fee payment page will open.
7) How to pay PESSAT Application Fee ?
Candidates are required to pay PESSAT application fee. After uploading the photograph, candidates are directed to click on the confirm button. Then “payment detail page” will open. Candidates then need to register, fill up the application form and pay Rs. 1050 as examination fee for PESSAT .
8) I could not/ cannot take the PESSAT exam at the designated centre on the date of the test, can I take the test on another day at the same centre?
Other than the Bangalore test centre, we cannot provide you with an alternate date for taking the exam at any other test centre. However, we can change your test centre to the secondary centre that you had opted for in which the date of exam will be different. Or we can provide you with a centre at Bangalore so that you can book the slot for any day with the time frame of PESSAT exam and take the test.
9) How to make payment of PESSAT application fee through Challan?
The applicants are required to print both PESSAT application form and challan, carry both to bank for payment. They need to submit hard copy of application form along with the copy of stamped challan.
10) How to make payment of PESSAT application fee through Demand Draft (DD)?
- In order to pay the application fee of PESSAT, candidates need to make payment through Demand Draft in favor of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore.
- Applicants will have to procure demand draft from the bank, enter DD details in the space provided online and send along with printed application form at the below given address:
Manager – Admissions, Office of Admissions,
PES University, 100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560085
Ph:+91 80 2672 6622
11) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their PESSAT Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
12) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
13) What is the eligibility criteria for PESSAT B.Tech ?
PESSAT Eligibility Criteria refers to the requirements which a candidate should meet in order to be eligible to take PESSAT . Before applying for PESSAT, all aspirants must carefully go through the eligibility criteria of PESSAT .
In order to appear for PESSAT , the candidates should have obtained atleast 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th class or equivalent.
14) I obtained 59.99% - am I eligible?
No, 60% means strictly 60.00% or above.
15) Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
The admission brochure will be available . However, please refer to the website regularly for updates and notifications.
16) I have taken Maths, but have not done Physics or Chemistry in my XII Boards. I have got more than 60% in Maths, and my overall percentage is also more than 60%. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible only for CSE not for ECE. There is no requirement of having done Physics or Chemistry in Class XII for CSE. For ECE, there is no requirement of having done Chemistry in Class XII.
17) I am a General class candidate and got less than 50% (in the range of 40540%) in my 12th. Am I eligible for PESSAT B.Tech Entrance Exam? .
No,you are not allowed.
18) Is PESSAT result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
19) For how long is the PESSAT score valid?
The PESSAT score is valid for just one year.
20) What are the specializations offered in PES University for B.Tech?
Various B.Tech branches offered by the PES University are -
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering (CE)
- B.Tech in Biotechnology (BT).
21) What is the fee structure for the B.tech programs at PES University?
Fee to be paid:-
- PESSAT Quota Fee – INR 3,00,000 / Annum.
- CET Quota Fee – INR 1,00,000 / Annum.
22) I have applied for revaluation, but your website is asking the candidates to upload their marks for the counseling process. It will take some time before I get my revaluation marks. What can I do?
You need to upload your marks before the last date mentioned on the website. If you do not get your revaluation marks before that please upload the existing one.
23) Can a parent/ guardian represent the candidate at the counseling as the candidate cannot make it?
Please download the authorization letter from our website , fill it up, bring that authorization letter to the PES University campus before the counseling and get prior approval on it so that one of the parent/ guardian can represent the candidate with that. Please be informed that without the prior approval (seal and sign), the authorization letter will not be valid.
24) Can a parent/ guardian represent the candidate at the counseling as the candidate cannot make it? If I fail to attend the counseling on the day specified for me as per my rank, can I attend the same on the next day?
If the candidate who has secured a better rank wants to attend the counseling on the next day which is earmarked for the candidates who have secured a lower rank, they may do so. But the vice-versa will not be possible.
25) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
Scholarships will only be available to those who get into our University and prove their merit here and not before he/ she gets into our University. If the candidate is in top 20% of his/her class for a particular academic year at our University, then he/she is eligible for a tuition fee waiver of 25% for the next academic year.
26) While paying the exam fee for PESSAT, amount was deducted twice from my account. What should I do now?
Please write a mail to email@example.com stating your application number and mentioning in just one line that amount has been deducted twice from your account. We shall cross check and if found to be true, we will initiate the refund by which your amount will reach back to your account within 5 working days.
27) What are the required documents for Counseling process after appearing for PESSAT(B.Tech)?
Please carry the following items to the Counseling process:
1. Two DDs in favour of PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND payable at Bangalore :
For Rs. 2,80,000/-
For Rs. 5000/-
No other payment options are accepted. Please understand without the proper DDs, seat allocation will not be allowed.
2. Please bring the PESSAT Hall Ticket & Rank Card. Print your Rank Card
3. 10+2 Marks Card (PUC) – Original
4. 10th Marks Card (SSLC) – Original
5. Transfer Certificate/College Leaving Certificate (if applicable)
6. Migration Certificate (If other than PU Board) (if applicable)
7. Passport & Stamp Size Photos 6 Copies each
8. It is mandatory for the candidate to be present in person at the prescribed reporting time. A candidate will be granted an exception to allow his guardian/parent to represent the candidate only under unavoidable circumstances. In such a case, the guardian/parent should download the Authorization Letter aand bring the duly filled form along with them for seat allocation.
- Originals + 3 Sets of Attested Photo copies should be provided in the above mentioned order.
- Without the Originals, the seat allocation WILL NOT be done.