5 Courses are offered by SHTI
G.N.M. (General Nursing and Midwifery) (3 Years)
|General Nursing and Midwifery||Apply|
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the final State Council/Board Examination if the Principal of the school certifies that:
a. She has completed not less than 11 months of the course.
b. She has attended 75% of the formal instructions given on each subject and 75% of the clinical/field experience in each area/field/subject separately during the academic year. However, the total clinical/field experience prescribed must be completed before the final Council/Board examinations and before the issue of Diploma.
c. The overall performance of the students and her conduct during the entire academic year has been entirely satisfactory.
d. The student has passed in the internal assessment in each subject, i.e. both in the theory and practicals by securing 50% marks separately in each subject and practical.
e. The record of practical experience is up to date, (The principal sends to the Council/Board the internal assessment for each subject i.e. both theory and practical, before the start of the examination along with the examination forms).
(The Diploma shall not be awarded to the student till she has completed the clinical/field requirements).
B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) (4 Years)
|B.Sc. in Nursing||Apply|
|Post Basic B.Sc. in Nursing||Apply|
The candidate who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects as regular candidate from a recognized institution situated in the state of Punjab only except for exemptions wherever applicable and have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks for SC/BC category) taken together in PCBE and also in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) in 10+2 examination.
A.N.M. (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery) (2 Years)
|Auxiliary Nurse and Midwifery||Apply|
The candidate should have passed 10+2 relevant stream with recognized board.
M.Sc. (Master of Science) (2 Years)
|M.Sc. in Nursing||Apply|
(1) The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
(2) The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
(3) The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
(4) Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
(5) Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
(6) Candidate shall be medically fit.
(7) 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
(8) No Age Limit.
Selection of the candidates shall be based on the merit of the entrance examination held by University or competent authority.
Contact Details of Sigma College of Nursing, Ludhiana
Address:Near Palm Enclave, Dakhni Bye-pass (Southern Bye-pass), Gill Canal, Gill Road, Ludhiana, Punjab, INDIA.