How to Prepare
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 Question Paper Format
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 News and Updates
The ranks of JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 are available on the official website of JEE Mains now. The candidates who appeared for the JEE Main 2017 examination can check their ranks now. CBSE declared the paper 2 ranks on May 26, 2017. It conducted the exam for the admission to B.Arch and B. Planning ...Read more
Answer key for the Paper 2 of JEE Main 2017 has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The board has also declared the recorded responses of Paper 2 along with the answer key. Candidates who appeared for the JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 can access the answer key as well ...Read more
The online registrations for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2017 have commenced. It is an engineering entrance examination which is primarily conducted for admissions to various engineering courses such as B.Tech and B.Arch at the following premier institutes can now apply: Indian ...Read more
With an objective to put an end to the woes of JEE Main 2017 aspirants, UIDAI might setup Aadhar facilitation centres all over the country. According to sources, these centres would help the students who do not possess Aadhar cards but are planning to appear for JEE Main 2017 examination. Also ...Read more
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017
JEE MAINS-Joint Entrance Examination (Main), conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (-CBSE), is the national level exam for admissions to 31 NITs, 18 IITs, and 18 GFTIs and is also first stage examination for admissions to prestigious IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and ISM (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad. Last year, over 11 lakh candidates appeared for this national level exam for admissions to 31 NITs, 18 IITs, and 18 GFTIs, which are the participating institutes of JEE Mains. Top 1.5 lakh candidates of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced, which is the second stage of entrance test for admissions to IITs and ISM.
Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall be the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). There shall be no weight age for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination,
The States of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system.
Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State Level Examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Mains) application form online.
Note: **From 2017 onwards, AADHAR card is mandatory for JEE Mains Registration.
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 Conducting Body
Central Board of Secondary Education - CBSE Conducts JEE MAINS-Joint Entrance Examination (Main). The 'Central Board of Secondary Education' witnessed rapid growth and expansion at the level of Secondary education resulting in improved quality and standard of education in institutions. But with the advent of State Universities and State Boards in various parts of the country the jurisdiction of the Board was confined only to Ajmer, Bhopal and Vindhya Pradesh later. As a result of this, in 1952, the constitution of the Board was amended wherein its jurisdiction was extended to part-C and Part-D territories and the Board was given its present name 'Central Board of Secondary Education'. It was in the year 1962 finally that the Board was reconstituted. The main objectives were to serve the educational institutions more effectively, to be responsive to the educational needs of those students whose parents were employed by the Central Government.
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning Contact Details
|Address||JEE(Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education Plot No. 149, Block - H, Sector - 63, Noida - 201309.|
|Phone no||0120-2427342, 0120-2427350|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning FAQ
1) What mistakes can be corrected during month of January 2016 when the corrections will be allowed by the Board?
The correction in particulars can be done only if the candidates have paid the fee and completed all the steps of online application form of JEE (Main) . The candidates can modify all the particulars including city of examination, Paper - 2 to Paper -1 and vice versa or select both papers of his/her application form during the facility of correction in
January, 2017. The balance fee, if any due to correction in particulars, will have to be paid by the candidates during that period.
2) Will a candidate have a choice to change the mode of examination?
No, (B. Arch./B. Planning.) of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode.
3) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has entered incorrect Aadhaar enrolment Id or want to update their Aadhaar number.
Such candidates may also do the correction as clarified in Question 1 above.
4) The candidates applied for both paper 1 & Paper 2 but do not want to appear in Paper – 2 or Paper -1.
There is no compulsion for such candidates to appear in both papers, they can appear in the paper of their choice. But
there is no refund of fee.
5) When the candidates appearing in class 12th examination in 2017 or improvement examination in 2017 will enter their roll number of class 12th?
The option of entering Roll Number is not mandatory, if it is allotted then mention it, otherwise leave it empty and fill the remaining options in the JEE (Main).
6) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has submitted more than one application?
Normally, at the time of issuing admit card of JEE (Main) both the application of a candidate (which appear to be similar) are merged and only one admit card is issued. However, the candidate should send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning both the application numbers and specifying clearly the application number which they want to be considered.
7) In case the candidate(s) fails to book the date for online examination after paying the fees or the capacity in the selected city is full, how will they know about the date and session of the examination?
If a candidate does not make any selection, he/she shall be randomly assigned a slot/date as per the availability of the same in the examination city selected by them. Details of session and slot will be mentioned on their admit card which can be downloaded from the website during March 2017 as per schedule.
8) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has opted Hindi/Gujarati medium for examination and wants to appear in English medium?
The question paper will be bilingual (both in Hindi/English and Gujarati/English) for the candidates who have opted Hindi/Gujarati medium. The candidate can attempt question in any medium during examination.
9) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has opted English medium for examination and wants to appear Hindi/Gujarati in medium?
Such candidates should do the correction in their application form as mentioned in Question 1 above.
10) In case photograph is not having name and date, would the form be rejected?
Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken is to be mentioned on the photograph, but in case uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction is required in such a case and he/she will be issued admit card for appearing in JEE (Main) as usual.
11) Is thumb impression mandatory while filling JEE(Main) form?
There is no need to upload thumb impression in online application of JEE(Main).
12) How will an NRI or a foreign student enter his/her mobile number?
Such candidates should enter the mobile number of his/her relative residing in India.
13) If continuous time out or file not found error occurs while filling online application of JEE(Main)?
Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection while filling online Application Form. In case of continuous times out clear cookies and history of the browser and fill in off-peak hours.
14) While paying the fee, what a candidate can do in case of failed transaction?
If the payment status of online transaction (by credit/debit card) is not communicated by payment gateway in real time then fee payment is not completed and candidate will not be able to download acknowledgement page. In this case, the candidates are required to pay the fees again either through online transaction or by e- challan and download the acknowledgement page. Your amount of failed transaction of credit/debit card will be refunded back within 7 to 10 days to card account. In case, fee payment is made through e-challan and the fee is not updated on the website, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch for updation of fee. Even if the challan is not updated by the bank till last date, such candidates should send the copy of paid e-challan through e-mail on email@example.com.
15) Who is eligible for JEE Main ?
For JEE(Main), Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or2016; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in are eligible to appear in JEE(Main). Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2014 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2018 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2017. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2014, did not pass in 2014, but passed in 2015 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) .
16) If a candidate has passed in 2015/2016 and has appeared for improvement in 2017, what he will fill in the academic details section.
Select the year of passing class 12th as 2015/2016 and enter the roll number, name of the board and other details of 2015/2016 in the application form. Select ‘yes’ in the column – appearing for improvement examination. The roll number of improvement examination 2017 may be filled in the month of March at the time of downloading admit cards of JEE (Main).
17) What is the State of Eligibility for the Improvement Candidates/Institution Abroad/NIOS?
If a candidate has passed Class 12th/ Equivalent qualifying examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state, his/her state code of eligibility will be from where he/she has originally passed Class 12th/ Equivalent qualifying examination and not the state from where he/she has appeared for improvement. Indian nationals passing the equivalent qualifying examination from an institution abroad, the State of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of permanent address in India as given in the Passport of the candidate. Candidate passed/appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the state in which the study Centre is located. The State of Eligibility is not applicable for the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO.
18) Whether the candidates appeared in Paper – 2 are eligible for admission to B.Arch. course in IITs?
No, the candidates appeared in Paper – 2 are eligible for admission to B. Arch.Course only in NITs/SPAs other CFTIs (where B.Arch. course is available). For admission to B.Arch. in IIT’s, there is separate procedure for which the candidates should see the website of IITs.
19) What is Eligibility for Diploma Students in JEE-Main ?
Yes, to appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE (Main) but his/her rank and score for JEE (Main) will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE (Main) channel.
20) For how long is the JEE MAINS(B.Arch./B. Planning) score valid?
The JEE MAINS(B.Arch./B. Planning) score is valid for just one year.
21) What is Rank list for admission to B.Arch. /B.Planning in institutions other than IITs ?
- Resolution by marks obtained in Aptitude Test in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) . Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution bymarks obtained in DrawingTest in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main). Candidate obtaining higher marks will be givenbetter rank.
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
22) Could you kindly name the boards recognized under Association of Indian Universities?
You can visit the website www.aiuweb.org .
23) What are HSC vocational courses?
Different states can have different HSC vocational courses, so students of different states will have to verify it from their particular state.
24) What are the reservation rules for JEE-Main(B.Arch./B. Planning) Exam ?
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are
admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria.
These categories are:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Persons with Physical Disability (PD)
Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India.
25) Is there any call centre support?
Yes. There is a call centre support for candidates appearing in computer based examination. The helpline number(s) are available on the JEE website.
26) What are Seat Allocation Process for JEE MAINS?
- Candidates shall be offered admission based on their choices and All India Ranks of JEE (Main) through a Seat Allocation Process to be announced later. The candidates will be able to make their choices online for branches/programmes and institutes at appropriate time.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit the JEE (Main) website for latest information.
- The verification of documents would be done at the time of Seat Allocation Process/admission. The purpose would be to verify different records regarding identification, age, qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category and disability (if any) of the candidate. On failing to produce any of the authentic documents, the candidate will not be considered for admission.
- SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates will be required to produce original certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process as well as at the time of admission, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
27) What are the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) covered under this examination?
Nits covers 30 institutes for admissions in various streams Some listed here in :
- National Institute of Technology , Agartala (Tripura)
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (U.P.)
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MP)
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela)
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (West Bengal)
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan) and soon list is available in JEE Mains official Website.
28) What are the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITM & IIITDM) covered under this examination?
IIITs, IIITM & IIITDM 20 institutes for admissions in various streams Some listed here in :
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior (M.P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kanchipuram, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad (UP)
- Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing,Jabalpur (M.P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati (Assam)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota (Rajasthan)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City, Chitoor (A. P.)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara (Gujarat)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Manipur Mantripukhri, Imphal 795001
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam,Tiruchirappalli and soon list is available in JEE Mains official Website.
29) What are the documents to be submitted at the time of Admission?
All the Relevant Previous Qualification Documents True Copies are to be submitted along with 4 passport size photographs and a filled-in Admission Form.