How to Prepare
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Question Paper Format
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 News and Updates
The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations of Kerala has released the results of KEAM 2017 entrance examination on May 18, 2017. KEAM 2017 is an entrance examination conducted by CEE Kerala for the admission to Pharmacy and Engineering courses. KEAM 2017 entrance examination took place peacefully on ...Read more
The last date for the submission of application form for the Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Entrance Examination (KEAM) 2017 has been extended. As per the new schedule of KEAM 2017, aspiring candidates can apply till 5 pm on Thursday, 9th March 2017. The announcement has been made by ...Read more
The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala has announced that the deadline to submit application forms and required documents for KEAM 2017 examination will be February 28, 2017. The applicants need to submit the printout of the online application form along with necessary documents. It ...Read more
Dates for KEAM entrance exam 2017 have been announced by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala. The exam will be held on April 24 and 25, 2017. Also known as CEE Kerala (Combined Entrance Exam), the exam is conducted for admission to various professional fields. Besides Kerala, ...Read more
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017
The Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE) has announced the exam dates for Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical. The Commissionerate of Entrance Examinations (CEE) also conducts ten distinct Entrance Examinations for admission to Professional Courses every year: Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree (KEAM) etc.
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Conducting Body
The Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations was established in 1983 as a separate set up for conduct of Entrance Examinations for admission to Professional Courses in the State as per G.O.(Ms) No.31/83/H.Edn. dated 19.02.1983. The Higher Education Department in the Secretariat is functioning as the administrative department of the Commissionerate of Entrance Examinations. The Commissionerate has been conducting thirteen Entrance Examinations, both for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Professional Courses.
KEAM BE/B.TECH Contact Details
|Address||The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.|
|Phone no||0471- 2332120|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
KEAM BE/B.TECH FAQ
1) What is KEAM?
KEAM is stands for the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Examination are conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala. The students who want to earn a degree in engineering / agriculture / medical / architecture take this examination; in general they have to get a good score in the exam. There is number of separate Entrance Examinations for admission to Engineering and Medical Courses conduct by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) and the allotment will be based on the rank in these Entrance Examinations.
2) What are the procedures for applying online?
- First visit the website http://www.cee.kerala.gov.in and register.
- Note down the Application Number and remember the password.
- Login and give the details in the application carefully. Intermittently save the details which you have entered by clicking the 'Save' button. Fields marked in '*' are mandatory.
- After filling up all the required fields, make the final submission by clicking the 'Final Submission' button.
- Next enter the payment details, ie. whether by Security Card or by Demand Draft.
- After this, take printout of the application.
- Affix a passport size (3.5 x 3.5 cm) photograph (this should be the copy of uploaded photo), get it attested by a Gazetted Officer or the Head of the Institution where the candidate has last studied. The applicant and the parent should sign in the specified areas on the printout of the Application.
- Get Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format available in the body of the print out of the application.
- If the candidate claims any reservation, then use relevant format(s) of the certificate(s) and get it certified from the concerned authorities.
- Send all these documents to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 001 so as to reach the office .
3) Which is the last date for submission of application?
Application can be submitted online till 5.00 pm on last week of January. The printout of the application complete in all aspects along with the supporting documents should reach the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations on or before 5 pm on ast week of January by Hand delivery/Speed Post/Registered Post.
4) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 9.0.
5) How can I pay the Application Fee?
Application fee can be paid in either of the two ways viz.
- by Security Card which can be purchased from selected Post Offices; or
- by way of Demand Draft (DD) drawn on a Nationalised/Scheduled Bank, in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. These details have to be entered in the Payment section of the online application.
6) What is the Cost of Security Card?
- Rs.700/- for General Candidates.
- Rs.350/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Free of cost Security Card to ST candidates whose annual family income is below Rs.40,000/- from the ST Development Department
- Rs.10000/- extra for those opting DUBAI as centre of exam. This fee should be paid as Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations payable at Trivandrum.
7) How to enable Java Script in my browser?
8) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
No need to complete all the procedures in a single step. You can do each step in different time. But logout from the portal each time should be ensured.
9) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of April. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on Last week of April.
10) Should I purchase the Security Card or get the DD before starting to fill the application or can I purchase it later?
Details of Application Fee paid are needed at the 5th Stage of filling of application which comes after the 4th stage, the ‘final submission'of application. After the 4th stage is completed, details on the DD/Security Card will be needed. So you may proceed up to 4th stage without the details.
11) During the time of filling up of application, it shows ‘Session Time Out’ and the filled information has been lost. How to avoid this?
The specified period of time when the user doesn't work with the application is called session time out. The applicant has to login again to proceed further. To avoid this session time out, candidates are requested to use ‘Save’ button frequently, available in the application page which will facilitate to save the entered data so far.
12) What are the common causes for rejecting the application?
- If duly filled and signed Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format are not attached along with the print out of the application.
- If printout of application and supported document reaches after the last date specified.
13) How shall I get the Admit Card for the Entrance Examination?
The Admit Card has to be downloaded from the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from third week of February onwards. Candidates whose application has been accepted shall enter their Application Number and Date of Birth as already given in the Application form on the webpage for downloading the admit card.
14) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards have to be downloaded by the candidate.
15) I forgot to note down my Application number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the application number?
There is no provision for retrieving the application number. If you do not complete the Payment section of online application, a new registration may be done and you will get a new application number.
16) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. Application number, DOB, Security Question and answer of it should be provided for resetting the password.
17) Is it compulsory to have an email-id/Mobile number?
Important messages and information regarding KEAM will be sent to the provided email-id /mobile numbers. So either email-id/mobile number is mandatory for all candidates.
18) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Refer the ‘Photo guideline’ provided in the application portal.
19) How do I get certain Proforma (example, Income Certificate) before filling up of online application?
You can download any proforma from your home page after logging on the application portal. But you have to complete the ‘Candidate Registration’ (Step 1) for entering into the home page. The link ‘Additional Certificates’ in home page can be used for downloading the required proforma.
20) Is it necessary to keep the Key Number after completing the online submission of application?
Key Number should be kept in safe custody till the end of admission procedure. The key number is required to further login for exercising options, taking allotment memo, etc
21) I made payment of application fee by using Demand Draft. Where can I get the Key Number?
These candidates will be provided Key Number in a later stage that will be notified afterward.
22) Is there any concession in application fee for female/Single female child candidate?
No, there are not any fee concession in application fee for female/Single female child candidate.
23) In which all places do the KEAM examination be held?
Entrance Examinations will be conducted at the following centres only. Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod, New Delhi and Dubai.
24) Can I change the centre of the entrance examination?
No. Once you have selected the examination centre, it is not possible to change the centre.
25) Can I change the Course opted after final submission of application?
No. Courses cannot be changed.
26) I have passed +2. Should I obtain course certificate in the printout of application?
No need to obtain course certificate for such candidate. All candidates who have passed +2 or equivalent can attach a self attested copy of their pass certificate and mark list of the said examination instead of course certificate. All candidates who have just appeared for the +2 or equivalent examinations and awaiting results should submit the course certificate in the body of the application itself, otherwise it is liable to be rejected.
27) For claiming reservation under Scouts & Guides quota, which certificates should I submit along with the application?
Two seats are reserved for Rashtrapathi Scouts and Guides for Engineering courses. Candidates seeking reservation under this quota should attach copy of the Rashtrapathi Guide Certificate signed by the President of India. In the absence of this Certificate, Specimen Certificate signed by the Director of Public Instructions (DPI), Kerala and the State Secretary, Kerala State Bharat Scouts and Guides, will be considered.
28) How do I solve the problem that some unexpected data being shown in my online application. How to solve this? (Clearing of Cache)?
If you are not using Firefox, shift the browser to it. Most of the time, problem may be solved by clearing the cache of the browser. For clearing the cache, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys from the browser and follow instructions therein.
29) Who is eligible to appear in KEAM (B.E/B.Tech)?
Candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board
They must have obtained a minimum of 50% in Maths as well as 50% in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
NOTE-Candidate must be a citizen of India or should be a Person of India (POI)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Candidates will be classified as Keralite, Non-Keralite (Category-I) and Non-Keralite (Category-II).
Keralite – are those candidates who are born in Kerala. These candidates hold domicile attested by Kerala government. Children of IAS officers, who are not Keralite, will be categorized as “Deemed Keralite”. These candidates will not be entitled to any special reservation, as under KEAM 2016 eligibility criteria.
Non- Keralite (Category-I)– are those candidates who are not born in Kerala but passed their qualifying exam from Kerala. This category also includes:
Wards of Defense Personnel and Indian Government Employees (who are posted in Kerala)
Wards of Kerala government employee. Their service period should be at least two years old.
Non – Keralite (Category-II)- includes those candidates who do not fall under the above-mentioned category. These candidates will get admission in Management Quota on government seat in Private and Government Controlled Self Financing Colleges under KEAM.
30) What are the materials permitted in examination hall?
You can carry your Admit Card, Card Board and Ball Pen (Black or Blue) only.
31) What will be the marking scheme of KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) ?
There will be 120 questions in each paper of KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) which is to be solved in 150 minutes. There will be 5 options of each question. You will need to select the correct option. Each correct answer will be awarded with four marks and one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Questions left unanswered will not carry any negative marking. However, questions with more than one response will be taken as an incorrect answer and will be awarded with negative mark.
32) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2016.
33) I had already attempted the KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) entrance examination for 02 times. Can I apply for Exam?
There is no restriction on the number of chances. Hence, you can apply for this year, as well.
34) If I will mark any incorrect answer then how much mark will be deducted?
If the answer marked by you is incorrect, then one mark will be deducted from total score.
35) I have completed my studies from Class VIII to Class XII from Kerala State but from different schools. From which school should I get the proof of study from Class VIII to Class XII?
You can get the certificate from the Head of the Institute where you have completed the Class XII. As you have done your study from two different Institute hence, initially you need to produce a certificate from the head of the Institute where you have studied the class VII and submit the same to the Head of the Institute from where you are currently studying Class 12 to get the exact certificate.
36) From where, I can get previous year question papers of KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) ?
The previous year KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) question papers are not sold by any organization or from the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. However, candidates who have given the entrance test prior also can provide you the same. Other option is State Institute of Educational Technology that prepare and sold Engineering/Medical CDs based on the question papers of previous years.
37) When will the KEAM(B.E/B.Tech) results be declared?
Results will be available on the website Last week of May .
38) For how long is the KEAM(B.E/B.Tech) score valid?
The KEAM(B.E/B.Tech) score is valid for just one year.
39) What is List the documents do I need to carry at the time of admission?
List of Certificate/Documents required
- Admit Card issued by CEE.
- Certificate to prove Date of Birth
- Original Mark List to prove academic eligibility
- Pass Certificate (if obtained).
- Allotment letter issued by the CEE
- Transfer Certificate (From last attended institute)
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Receipt of Fee.
40) Will there be counseling for Admission to Professional Courses (KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) )?
There is no face to face counseling. The allotment is made through the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) in which options are to be registered (filed) online through the website (www.cee.kerala.gov.in).
41) When will the allotment start?
Allotment is expected to start as per schedule published in the prospectus. Details of allotment process such as opening of web site and option registration, etc., will be notified in due course.
42) Where shall we know the details of the colleges?
The details of colleges which participated in the Allotment process is available in the link “Information on Professional Colleges” in www.cee-kerala.org. The list is not complete. The list will be finalized before commencement of CAP.
43) What are the certificates that must be submitted to prove nativity?
Candidates can submit any one of the following documents/certificates for satisfying their nativity requirements. Certificate to prove nativity for Keralites. True copy of relevant page of SSLC of the candidate showing his/her place of birth in Kerala. Self attested copy of this certificate has to be attached separately.
44) What are the types of colleges included in the allotment process?
a)Government/Aided Colleges (G) ,
b)Government Controlled Self Financing Colleges (N) [coming under IHRD, CAPE, LBS, CCE, Universities and KSRTC] ,
c)Private Self Financing Colleges (S).
45) Whether income certificates obtained from other States in India will be accepted?
No. Income certificate obtained from a competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.
46) I belong to General category. Is it required to submit Income certificate?
It is better to submit income certificate by all candidates except SC/ST. Those (including General Category) who wish to avail the benefits such as fee concession/scholarships that may be notified by the Government or college authorities subsequently, based on annual family income, should furnish the Income Certificate along with the application itself. No further chance will be allowed to submit Income Certificate.
47) I belong to Kannur district. The village officer denied providing the Income and Community certificate in the prescribed format of KEAM. Instead, an Income Certificate in e-district format was given. Are they acceptable?
The Income and Community Certificate issued from the districts where e-district was implemented will be acceptable.
48) I belong to OE category, but my annual family income exceeds 4.5 lakh. Are there any fee benefits for such candidates?
Yes. But such candidates are not eligible for any communal reservations. They should submit community certificate to get fee concession benefits.
49) I have my caste noted as ‘Nair’ in my 10th Standard certificate. I am actually an inter-caste candidate (Ezhava & Nair). The Village Officer refused to give inter-caste certificate since the marriage was not registered. What should I do to avail Ezhava reservation?
The CEE is permitting reservation status in the case of inter-caste married couple, only on the basis of valid inter-caste marriage certificate obtained from the competent authorities and based on the claim of the candidate. Income certificate is not essential in this case.
50) My father and mother are in forward caste, but in different castes. Am I eligible for inter-caste benefit?
No. Children of Inter-caste married couple with either the father or mother belonging to a community included in SEBC/SC-ST list will be eligible for inter-caste benefit.
51) What do you mean by OCI / PIO?
- OCI – Overseas Citizen of India
- PIO – Persons of Indian Origin
- OCI and PIO issued by Govt. of India alone will be considered.
52) What should I do for claiming reservation under Sports quota?
Candidates who claim reservation under Sports Quota shall fulfill their eligibility based on the norms of Kerala State Sports Council appended in Annexure XVIII (ii) prior to submission of application, for the seats as prescribed in the Prospectus. The candidate should forward the original application form to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, and a photocopy of the application to the Secretary, Kerala State Sports Council, Thiruvananthapuram-695001.
53) I am an NCC cadet and I wish to be considered for admission under NCC quota. What should I do?
The candidates seeking admission under the NCC quota should forward the original application form to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, and a photocopy of the application to the Deputy Director General, NCC (Kerala), PB No.2212, Thiruvananthapuram-695010 through the respective NCC Unit Officers where the candidates have been enrolled as cadets.
54) If any prescribed format for claiming a reservation is not obtained along with the printout of application, how can it be downloaded?
All proforma can be downloaded from the candidate’s home page using the link ‘Additional certificates’ after logging on to it.