PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT) - MCA (PESSAT MCA - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
PESSAT MCA 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
PESSAT MCA 2016
As a part of the PES University admissions process, PESSAT should be taken by all students who are applying for PES University programs. For admissions into MCA courses, PESSAT will be conducted only at PES University campus in Bangalore starting from January upto July on every Wednesday and Saturday. Test can be taken by booking their slots online at official website of university.
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of the test score and personal interview.
PESSAT MCA 2016 Conducting Body
PES was established in 1972 at Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India. PES is focused on four main educational areas: Engineering, Medicine, Management and Life Sciences. The institutions offer both foundation courses in these areas, as well as specialization with a Bachelors/ Master/ PhD Degree.
PESSAT MCA Contact Details
|Address||PES University, 100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560085|
|Phone no||+91 80 2672 6622|
PESSAT MCA FAQ
1) What is PESSAT Examination?
PESSAT is being conducted by the PES University for admission to engineering and other courses. The PESSAT engineering entrance exam will be held in various test centers across cities in India. PESSAT for other courses shall be held only in Bangalore. Candidates can register online and book their slots for the PES University entrance test and appear in the designated test center.
2) How many people have given PESSAT Exam?
2016 year it was around 16k,last year i.e 2015 11k wrote the pessat exam.
3) How to Print PESSAT Application Form?
Candidates need to fill in the following details in order to print the PESSAT Application Form:-
- Registration No
- Date of Birth.
4) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
5) How to upload Candidate’s Photograph?
The candidates are required to upload their scanned copy of passport size image in the space provided. After clicking on the confirm button, the fee payment page will open.
6) How to pay PESSAT Application Fee ?
Candidates are required to pay PESSAT application fee. After uploading the photograph, candidates are directed to click on the confirm button. Then “payment detail page” will open. Candidates then need to register, fill up the application form and pay Rs. 1050 as examination fee for PESSAT .
7) I could not/ cannot take the PESSAT exam at the designated centre on the date of the test, can I take the test on another day at the same centre?
Other than the Bangalore test centre, we cannot provide you with an alternate date for taking the exam at any other test centre. However, we can change your test centre to the secondary centre that you had opted for in which the date of exam will be different. Or we can provide you with a centre at Bangalore so that you can book the slot for any day with the time frame of PESSAT exam and take the test.
8) How to make payment of PESSAT application fee through Challan?
The applicants are required to print both PESSAT application form and challan, carry both to bank for payment. They need to submit hard copy of application form along with the copy of stamped challan.
9) How to make payment of PESSAT application fee through Demand Draft (DD)?
- In order to pay the application fee of PESSAT, candidates need to make payment through Demand Draft in favor of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore.
- Applicants will have to procure demand draft from the bank, enter DD details in the space provided online and send along with printed application form at the below given address:
Manager – Admissions, Office of Admissions,
PES University, 100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560085
Ph:+91 80 2672 6622.
10) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their PESSAT Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
11) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
12) While paying the exam fee for PESSAT, amount was deducted twice from my account. What should I do now?
Please write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your application number and mentioning in just one line that amount has been deducted twice from your account. We shall cross check and if found to be true, we will initiate the refund by which your amount will reach back to your account within 5 working days.
13) What is the eligibility criteria for PESSAT MCA ?
A candidate with undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University with not less than 50% aggregate of all the years having studied Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the elective at Degree Level.
14) Is it necessary to study Mathematics as a subject to apply for Master of Computer Sciences (MCA)?
Yes. Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics is a mandatory subject those who want to take admission in PES University.
15) I am doing final semester BCA course. Whether I am eligible to apply for PESSAT - MCA course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 50% marks altogether.
16) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
17) Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
The admission brochure will be available . However, please refer to the website regularly for updates and notifications.
18) For how long is the PESSAT - MCA score valid?
The PESSAT - MCA score is valid for just one year.
19) How many Seats are covered under the PESSAT- MCA Entrance test ?
60 seats are filled up every year in the First year of MCA. Course.
- No of PGCET Quota seats:- 24
- No of PESSAT Quota seats :-36.
20) I have applied for revaluation, but your website is asking the candidates to upload their marks for the counseling process. It will take some time before I get my revaluation marks. What can I do?
You need to upload your marks before the last date mentioned on the website. If you do not get your revaluation marks before that please upload the existing one.
21) Can a parent/ guardian represent the candidate at the counseling as the candidate cannot make it?
Please download the authorization letter from our website , fill it up, bring that authorization letter to the PES University campus before the counseling and get prior approval on it so that one of the parent/ guardian can represent the candidate with that. Please be informed that without the prior approval (seal and sign), the authorization letter will not be valid.
22) Can a parent/ guardian represent the candidate at the counseling as the candidate cannot make it? If I fail to attend the counseling on the day specified for me as per my rank, can I attend the same on the next day?
If the candidate who has secured a better rank wants to attend the counseling on the next day which is earmarked for the candidates who have secured a lower rank, they may do so. But the vice-versa will not be possible.
23) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
Scholarships will only be available to those who get into our University and prove their merit here and not before he/ she gets into our University. If the candidate is in top 20% of his/her class for a particular academic year at our University, then he/she is eligible for a tuition fee waiver of 25% for the next academic year.
24) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for MCA?
The annual fee structure for
Master of Computer Applications (MCA):-
- PESSAT Quota Fee – INR 2,00,000 / Annum
- PGCET Quota Fee – INR 1,00,000 / Annum.
25) How do I apply for PhD program at PES University? Do I have to take PESSAT as well?
No, PESSAT is not applicable for PhD aspirants at PES University. Instead, please go through the website wherein you will find most of the information about our PhD program. Even after that if you have any doubt, please call our University landline at 080-26721983 and ask for Dr. Kavi Mahesh, Dean of Research who will answer the queries for you.
26) Does department assist in Industrial Training?
Yes, department ensures Industrial Training of students in various reputed properties of India.
27) Does University help in placement?
Yes, University provides assistance in placement to the students.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place