- VIT University B Tech Admission 2020
- VIT University B Tech Specialisations 2020
- VIT University B Tech Admission Important Dates 2020
- VIT University B Tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
- How to apply for VIT University B Tech Admission 2020?
- Online Admission Procedure for VIT University B Tech Admission 2020
- Offline Admission Procedure for VIT University B Tech Admission 2020
- Documents Required for VIT University Application Form 2020
- VIT University B Tech Slot Booking 2020
- VIT University B Tech Selection Process 2020
- VIT University B Tech Counselling 2020
- VIT University B Tech Course Fees 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
VIT University was established in the year 1984 under section 3 of the University Grant Commission. VIT University Chennai is one of the top engineering institutes of South India. Apart from the B Tech specialisations, VIT University Chennai offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of science, management, arts and humanities, information technology and others. The vision of the VIT University Chennai is to promote quality education on par with global standards. The university also offers its students with high-quality research to the students and scholars.
In this article, we will talk about VIT University B Tech admission 2020. All the important information regarding specialisations, eligibility, important dates and selection process can be found here.
VIT University B Tech Admission 2020
For VIT University B Tech admission 2020 candidate will be required to appear in the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) 2020. Candidates who qualify the VITEEE entrance test will be eligible for B Tech admissions at VIT University. Candidates looking forward to VIT University B Tech admission 2019 must check the eligibility and application process before applying for admissions.
VIT University B Tech Specialisations 2020
There are various B Tech specialisations offered by VIT University. Candidates can opt for these B Tech specialisations at VIT University as per their career choice and their respective area of interest. VIT University B Tech specialisations 2020 are listed below:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
VIT University B Tech Admission Important Dates 2020
Candidates must go through the VIT University B Tech admission important dates 2020 so that they are well aware of all the admission related events and their schedule. Check out the important dates for B Tech admission at VIT University 2020 in the table given below:
|Important Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Start Date||1st December 2020|
|Application Last Date||21st March 2020|
|VITEEE 2020||10th April to 21st April 2020|
|Announcement of Merit List||27th April 2020|
|VITEEE Result Declaration||May 2020|
|Commencement of the Course||July 2020|
VIT University B Tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates interested in B Tech admission at VIT University must check the eligibility. Make sure you go through the detailed VIT University B Tech Eligibility 2020 carefully before applying for admissions:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised board.
- Candidate with High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma can also apply for B Tech admission at VIT University.
- Candidate with General Certificate Education (GCE) examination or (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level is also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2 examination.
- However, the average marks in the PCM should be at least 50% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category/ J&K candidates and for the candidates from the North-Eastern states.
How to apply for VIT University B Tech Admission 2020?
To apply for VIT University B Tech admissions 2019, candidates will be required to fill the application form. The VIT University application form is available both in online and offline mode. The students can choose the mode of application as per their convenience. Check out how to apply for VIT University B Tech admission for both online and offline mode in detail here.
Online Admission Procedure for VIT University B Tech Admission 2020
Check out the step-by-step online admission process for VIT University B Tech admission 2020 here:
- Candidates will be required to visit the official website of the VIT University and register themselves
- Once the candidates have successfully registered themselves by entering all the personal, academic and other details, they will have to pay the application fee.
- The VIT University application fee of Rs.960 can be made in online mode through Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Once the payment is done candidate will have to upload a scanned copy of signature and photograph and in pg/jpeg format. The dimension of the photograph is 3.5 cm to 4.5 cm whereas for the signature it is 6 cm to 2 cm.
Offline Admission Procedure for VIT University B Tech Admission 2020
The offline admission procedure for VIT University B Tech admission is given in detail below:
- Candidates can obtain the VIT University Application form and admission prospectus from few selected post offices located across the country.
- Candidates will be required to pay Rs.990 in cash to obtain the VIT University application form in person.
- Fill in all the details and affix the recent colour photograph on the space given in the form.
- After filling the application form, the candidate will have to write mailing address on the self- addressed envelope & send it through registered post to the university.
Documents Required for VIT University Application Form 2020
Here is the list of all the documents required for VIT University application form. The students will have to submit their original documents at the time of admission to VIT Universit B Tech courses:
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate
- VITEEE Rank Card
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Address Proof
- Aadhaar Card
VIT University B Tech Slot Booking 2020
VIT University B Tech slot booking is an important aspect of the entire admission process. The students can choose their VITEEE test slot as per their convenience. In the VIT university slot booking student will be required to choose the city, date and session of the entrance test. Given below is the step by step process of VIT University slot booking:
- Candidates will have to visit the official website of the university.
- Enter the login ID and password and select the city in which the candidates is interested to take the test
- In case of non-availability of VITEEE test centre, the candidate will have to opt for the second option
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the candidate's registered e-mail ID, once the slot booking will be done.
VIT University B Tech Selection Process 2020
VIT University B Tech selection process begins once the VITEEE 2020 result will be announced. Candidates who qualify the VITEEE 2020 will be eligible to participate in the VIT University counselling process. Only those candidates who qualify the VITEEE exam will be eligible for VIT University B Tech admissions.
VIT University B Tech Counselling 2020
During the VIT University B Tech counselling 2020, candidates will be allotted seats. The seat allotment is done on the basis of candidates rank in the VITEEE. It is mandatory for the candidate to be physically present on the day of VIT University B Tech counselling 2020.
VIT University B Tech Course Fees 2020
The VIT University B.Tech course fees are given in detail below. Candidates who are allotted seats during the counselling process will be required to pay the VIT University B.Tech course fee to avoid the cancellation of admission.
|VIT University B Tech Tuition Fees||Rs.1,73,0000 (annually)|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable to be paid once)||Rs.3,000|
|Total Fee (Ist Year)||Rs.1,76,000|
Note*- University has the right to change the fees without any prior information.
VIT University B.Tech courses are a popular choice among candidates as they offer students with excellent global exposure and growth opportunities. The varsity has research and industrial collaborations which help increase employable skills of the students. To know more about B.Tech courses and admissions, fill our common application form.