Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences - BIDS
Established in the year 1991 under the dynamic leadership of Mr. K Subba Rao, Chairman, VEF, the Institution has grown leaps and bounds. The first batch of students passed out of the college on 8th November 1995 which happens to be the red letter day when the premier Dental Council of India gave recognition to the Institution. The year 2002 saw the first batch of Post-graduates leaving the Institution in the following six Specialities:-
1. Oral Medicine and Radiology
2. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
3. Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
6. Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
For the academic year 2013-14 Post Graduation in the following specialties as also started.
1. Oral pathology and Microbiology.
2. Public health dentistry.
3. Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry