Admission Open in SPIHER for session 2019
St. Peter's Institute of Higher Education and Research (SPIHER) Chennai situated at Avadi, Chennai, was established in 2008. The college was functioning as St. Peter’s Engineering College from 1993. SPIHER( Deemed-to-be-University) is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. All programs of the Univerity are approved by The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and The National Board of Accreditation (NBA). SPIHER, Chennai was established with a vision “To Achieve, Academic Excellence in Engineering, Technology, and Science through Teaching, Research and Extension to Society”.
Currently, St. Peter's Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai is providing education in various graduates and postgraduate programs including B.Tech, M.Tech, B.A, B.Sc, M.Sc, M.A, B.B.A, B.C.A and B.Arch. The college also offers admissions to the Ph.D. and M.Phil course. Students opting for admissions in any of the available programs at the university may choose their desired field to study. Various specialisations for courses are available at the university providing a wide variety of options for the students to choose from. For admissions to any of the courses, students have to register by filling up the application form before the deadline. Some percentage of concession will be offered to the students on the basis of percentage scored in the examination in the form of scholarships. GATE scores are a must for admissions to the B.Tech program, and NATA is a must for B.Arch.
St. Peter's Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai has a placement cell dedicated to shaping a better future for the students learning at the college. The cell provides training programs to prepare students for competitive examinations and final placements. Personal development and soft skills training are provided by the college from the beginning of the first semester which allows the students to gain confidence and crack the final interview with ease. Every year, about 90% of students get placed in top companies, the remaining 10% are among those opting for higher studies. Many companies including Cyber Slash Support, Protechsoft Technologies, Bharat Logistic Solutions, Origin Learning Solutions, Abacus, Syntel visit the campus every year and there has been an increase in the number of companies visiting the campus every year.
A wide variety of clubs available at the campus of St. Peter's Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai is the Robotics club, Photography Club, Short Film making Club, Social Welfare club, Theatre Arts Club, Social Welfare club and Martial Arts Club. The library of SIPHER, Chennai is divided into sections belonging to Postgraduate, Departmental and individual subjects. 68069 books and 27928 titles are stored in the library. Apart from this the library also provides access to an online database which stores the digital notes. Hostel buildings have covered an area of 17,000 sq.m. which has a capacity for 164 boys and 156 girls. All hostels are equipped with modern steam cooking systems, TV rooms, recreation halls, and clean dining halls. The college arranges a regular visit of a doctor to take care of the students' medical needs.
Top Courses & Fees View All
B.E. 11 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 1.08 Lacs
BSc 9 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 30.6 K
BA 6 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 20 K
B.Com 3 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 28 K
BCA 2 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 43.5 K
BBA 2 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 25 K
B.Arch 1 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 1 Lacs
B.Tech 1 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 1 Lacs
MSc 7 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 30 K
MA 6 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 30 K
M.E. 6 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 68 K
MBA 2 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 1 Lacs
M.Phil 1 Courses Available
M.Com 1 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 35 K
M.Tech 1 Courses AvailableAvg Annual Fee 68 K
PhD 4 Courses Available
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
Interested in this college?
Other Popular Engineering Colleges in Chennai View All
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of St. Peter's Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
Contact No:+91 44 26555448/3720/3746 , +91 9445638085
Address:St.Peter’s Institute of Higher Education and Research, Avadi, Chennai-600 054, Tamil Nadu.