St. Xavier's Entrance Exam (St. Xavier's Entrance Exam - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of B.B.A.. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of B.B.A. duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
St. Xavier's Entrance Exam 2016 Question Paper Format
St. Xavier's Entrance Exam 2016
St. Xavier’s College, an Autonomous College, Kolkata invites applications for entrance exams and admission to the Three Year Degree Course Bachelor of Business Administration(B.B.A) for the Academic Year.
The objective of the BBA program is to provide high quality education in management and prepare students
- To join industry, business and non-profit organizations.
- Seek entrepreneurial venture.
- Pursue higher education in management.
St. Xavier's Entrance Exam 2016 Conducting Body
St. Xavier's College is a graduate and undergraduate college located in Kolkata, India. Founded in 1860 by Henri Depelchin it is named after St. Francis Xavier, a Navarre Jesuit of the 16th century, who ministered in India. In 2006, it became the first autonomous college in West Bengal, India and is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college has now become a full university through the St. Xavier's University Bill passed on 16 December 2016, by the state assembly of West Bengal, India. Currently, St. Xavier's College, Kolkata offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees, diplomas and certificates. A Student after completing his/her Degree, Diploma or Certificate course is referred to as a 'Xaverian'.
St. Xavier's Entrance Exam Contact Details
|Address||St. Xavier's College, 30 Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata - 700016.|
St. Xavier's Entrance Exam FAQ
1) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes,The mode of selection will be on the basis of the following weightage:-
- Qualifying Examination (10+2 course) (WBHS / ISC / CBSE / State Boards etc.) 50%
- Entrance Examination 50%.
2) How should I apply for Admissions to St. Xavier's College?
Students Can Apply Online only after the Publication of their respective Board/Council (10+2) Results.
3) If I need information about admission details of all the procedures for applying to St. Xavier's College programmes, whom should I contact?
You can call the counseling cell of St. Xavier's College (2255-1216),St. Xavier's College also keeps advertising in all leading newspapers from time to time regarding admission to its varied programmes.You can visit also visit the website for updates.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from First week of June(onwards) . You will have to log onto the St.Xavier website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
5) I have already completed one year of degree course? But now wish to join your College? Does St. Xavier's College has any provisions to accept transfer students?
Yes. If the student is eligible and fulfils the basic criteria, he / she may be given admission through the Lateral Entry Scheme.
6) I have forgotten my password that I had given during registration. What should I do?
You can retrieve your password using the ‘Oops! I forgot my password’ link provided on the login page. This password can be retrieved maximum twice.
7) How do I contact the College?
Address:- St. Xavier's College
30 Mother Teresa Sarani
Kolkata - 700016
8) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the college, candidates are advised to take print outs of their St. Xavier's College Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
9) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
10) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
11) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
12) Is it absolutely necessary to register with an email id if one opts for online application?
YES. The email containing link to confirm your email-ID will only be sent to the registered email id. You should therefore use your personal email-id.
13) What is the basic qualification required to take admission in BBA program?
- A candidate may be admitted to the B.B.A. (Honours) course provided he/she has passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 course conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, or an equivalent examination, recognized as such, by the University of Calcutta, in all the recognized subjects (of full marks not being less than 100) including English and Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics, subject to the fulfillment of the following other conditions.
- A candidate applying for Honours must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in at least four subjects including English and Maths/B.Maths and must have passed in all subjects as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- For applying to B.B.A. Maths / Business Maths / Business Eco with Maths* is compulsory in Plus-II level. (*Business Eco with Maths is a single paper applicable for W.Bengal - HS students only).
14) I have finished my 10+2 a few years ago. Am I eligible for the St. Xavier's Entrance Exam?
No ,candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating 3 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
15) Is it compulsory to include English in best of four for St. Xavier's College admission?
YES! It is compulsory to include English in the best four subjects to get admitted to the St. Xavier's College.
16) I have studied science in 12th. Can I apply for the BBA?
Yes, you can apply for the BBA provided you meet the specific eligibility criterion including English and Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics, subject to the fulfillment of the following other conditions.
A candidate applying for Honours must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in at least four subjects including English and Maths/B.Maths and must have passed in all subjects as per the respective board/council pass marks.
17) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
18) For how long is the St. Xavier's Entrance Exam BBA score valid?
The St. Xavier's Entrance Exam BBA score is valid for just one year.
19) What are the specialization/ courses offered in St. Xavier's College?
The college offers specialization in three areas:
- Financial Management,
- Marketing Management and
- Human Resource Management.
20) Is there any Hostel facility?
Yes,Separate hostel accommodation, for boys and girls, will be available in the newly constructed AJC Bose Road Hostel.
21) What is the fee structure of the St. Xavier's College-BBA course?
The fee BBA for the course is Rs. 10,000/- for self financing .
- Security deposit will be refunded after completion of the course, without interest:- A candidate may claim refund of Security Deposit only after completion of the course and on production of the certificate and the original receipt.
22) What are College rules for attendance?
A student must obtain a minimum of 75% attendance in each paper individually - Honours/Major/Ancillary/General/Compulsory.
23) Is there any uniform or dress code in the college?
No. There is no uniform in the college. Dress must be neat and appropriate for public places.
24) Is it necessary to appear in the internal examinations of the college?
Yes. It is compulsory for students to appear in the internal examinations, which are conducted twice in a year. Regular parent-teacher meetings are conducted after every internal examination to apprise parents regarding all-round progress of the students.
25) Can mobile phones be used in the college premises?
No. To Maintain proper discipline, the use of mobile phones in college premises is prohibited.
26) Does the College have state of art infrastructure?
Absolutely, yes. excellent Mess and Cafeteria, a well equipped Amphitheater and seminar halls, a well stocked library, Indoor and outdoor sports facilities, well coordinared transport network,Wi-fi hot spots, 24×7 internet access and round the clock security.
27) Whom should I contact in matters related to hostel/Mess?
For any problems / queries related to the Hostel or Mess,u can contact with Hostel Warden/Estate officer.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place