The Institute is coming up fast at the Amritsar-Mehta Road with a sprawling new campus in about 33 acres of land. A magnificent, four-storey institute building was completed in March, 2000 at a cost of Rs. 16 Crores, wherein the offices of the Director-Principal and Registrar, besides a 400-seat capacity air conditioned conference hall with audio system on each seat and a 1000-seat capacity multipurpose auditorium, all pre- and para-clinical departments, four Lecture theaters of 150 seat capacity each and the Central Library are located. An ultra modern 992-bed new hospital building has been constructed within the new campus of the Medical Institute and is expected to be functional soon with the latest facilities required of a modern hospital in various specialities and super-specialities, at an estimated cost of Rs. 50 crores. The clinical teaching of medical students is conducted at Sri Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital, Vallah. This hospital is having all the latest equipments and facilities for 150 M.B.B.S. admissions. Electricity supply within the campus is through the Punjab State Electricity Board. In addition, the Institute has installed high power generators. There is round-the-clock uninterrupted electricity supply within the campus including the hostels and residential premises. At the new Campus, a Cancer Hospital, named Sri Guru Ram Das Rotary Cancer Hospital has started functioning for Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy by a latest Cobalt Unit. Service of Brachy therapy has also been started for which equipment and building are already in position.