Christian Training College - CTC
Christian Training College is one of the units of Lucknow Christian College Society. The Lucknow Christian College was founded long back in the year 1885 with the humble beginning of a school in Husainabad, later it was shifted to Inayat bagh and Centennial School was the first unit to begin. Later with the hard work of high vision, Lucknow Christian Intermediate and Degree College units started, and various other faculties started viz. College of Physical Education. It was in 1932 The Teacher’s Training College was opened to meet the growing needs for the trained teachers in the Higher Secondary Schools. This was the first Non Government Training College of the state of Uttar Pradesh. The first Principal was Mr. E. M. Lal who headed the C.T. course recognized by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh. Then, in 1949 it was upgraded to L.T. (Licentiate in Teaching) and in 1959 it got permanent recognition from U.P. Government for L.T. Course. It was given Minority status by the State Government. Mr. Noble Cecil, Mr. P. P. Lal and Mrs. D. Dass headed this college for decades. It was in the tenure of Mrs. D. Dass that L.T. was upgraded to B.Ed. in 1999 and 100 seats were allocated by NCTE and college became an associated college of the University of Lucknow. We have 50% seats for the Minority Christian Candidates and 50% seats for the General Candidates. At present Dr. Derick V. Singh is the officiating Principal of Christian Training College, Lucknow.