The Indian Institute of Education (IIE) is both a nationally and internationally acclaimed research institute supported by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), MHRD, New Delhi and the Government of Maharashtra. It was established in Bombay (now Mumbai) on 1st January 1948 by J.P.Naik, the main founder of the Institute, and along with the strong support of R.V. Parulekar, who became the first director of IIE. From 1948 to 1952-53, the Institute was affiliated to Bombay University. The aim of the Institute at its inception was to provide facilities for teachers in Greater Bombay to study for post-graduate degrees such as the Master of Education, Doctorate in Education and to pursue independent research in education. In Bombay, Prof. R.V. Parulekar was replaced by Dr. V.V. Kamat as Director of the Indian Institute of Education. In 1976 Dr. Chitra Naik retired from the post of Director of Education, Maharashtra State and took reigns of the Indian Institute of Education where her philosophy of non-formal education and challenging educational orthodoxy became the leitmotifs of the institute. The Institute then shifted to Pune on condition that a centre of the Institute would be maintained in Bombay. When the Institute was shifted to Pune on 1st August, 1976, Prof. A.B. Shah, Prof. A.R. Kamat, Prof. D.A. Dabholkar, Prof. J.P. Naik, Prof. Chitra Naik were the torch bearers of the institute. Dr. Chitra Naik worked as Hon. Director.
Total Course 2
Contact Details of Indian Institute of Education, Pune
Address:128/2, J.P. Naik Path Kothrud Pune 411038 Maharashtra