Indian Institute of Information Technology - IIITA
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad was established in 1999, as a centre of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The Institute was conferred the ‘The University’ status by Govt. of India in the year 2000. The Institute thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degree subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations. The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-A) has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology (IT) and related areas.
With the passage of IIIT Bill 2014 by the Parliament of India, IIIT Allahabad, along with the other 4 MHRD funded IIITs, became an Institute of National Importance on December 1, 2014. The Institute of National Importance is a status that may be conferred to a higher education institution in India by an act of parliament. They are institutes which "serve as a pivotal player in developing highly skilled personnel within the specified region of the country/state”.
IIITA is enabling the country to exploit efficiently emerging opportunities and meet economic challenges being thrown up by the rapid global IT revolution, which is influencing virtually every area of development and social activity. As an apex nucleating institute in the area of IT, the establishment of IIIT-A, is a major step of Govt. of India towards strengthening the indigenous capability necessary for exploiting profitably and harnessing multi-dimensional facets of IT at all levels, and attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena.
- The Training and Placement Office, IIITA sends invitations alongwith Job Notification Form(JNF) to organizations to participate in the campus placements.
- Organization fills in the JNF containing details of the job offer (pay package, place of posting, allowances and other bonuses). JNF can be sent by email to Training and Placement Office, IIITA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The organization details alongwith job offer is made available to the students on a private group, requesting them to apply.
- Training and Placement Office, IIITA allots date(s) to an organization for campus placements. The organization confirms the date(s) to Training and Placement Office, IIITA.
- The list of the students who have applied is provided to the organization along with their Resumes.
- Organizations come to campus on the allotted date(s) and conduct tests and/or interviews as per their recruitment process.
- The organization is expected to furnish the list of selected candidates at the end of assigned interview slot, preferably on the day of campus visit.
- Training and Placement Office, IIITA also coordinates the signing of offer letter by students who have been selected to ensure that they reach the organization/company asap.