Indian Institute of Public Health
How to reach
Indian Institute of Public Health is situated at Plot No. 47, Sector-44 Institutional Area, Gurgaon, Haryana, India- 122002 in Delhi.
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Medicine / Beauty / Health Care
Indian Institute of Public Health - IIPH
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is a public private initiative that has collaboratively evolved through consultations with multiple constituencies including Indian and international academia, state and central governments, multi & bi-lateral agencies and civil society groups. PHFI is a response to redress the limited institutional capacity in India for strengthening training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health. Structured as an independent foundation, PHFI adopts a broad, integrative approach to public health, tailoring its endeavours to Indian conditions and bearing relevance to countries facing similar challenges and concerns. The PHFI focuses on broad dimensions of public health that encompass promotive, preventive and therapeutic services, many of which are frequently lost sight of in policy planning as well as in popular understanding. The Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh, launched PHFI on March 28, 2006 at New Delhi. PHFI recognizes the fact that meeting the shortfall of health professionals is imperative to a sustained and holistic response to the public health concerns in the country which in turn requires health care to be addressed not only from the scientific perspective of what works, but also from the social perspective of, who needs it the most. At the time of launch in 2006, PHFI had set out its Charter focused on building institutional capacity in India for strengthening education, training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health. The Charter goals are: establishing new institutes of public health, assisting existing institutes to enhance their capacity and output, promoting research in prioritised areas of public health to inform policy and empower programmes, facilitating policy development, programme evaluation, and advocacy on public health related issues, and enabling the setting of standards in public health education. The Vision and Mission statements of PHFI, that builds on and drawn from the earlier Charter, was adopted in 2012 along with the Values statement.
Why join Indian Institute of Public Health
Computer labs are equipped with specific softwares for public health education and research
1 Type Courses Available
- 1 PG Courses
- Research Associate Dr Sandeep Mahapatra from the Indian Institute of Public Health Bhubaneswar (IIPH-B) won the session best session presentation award and best presentation award of the conference for his presentations on "Capacity building on tobacco cessation using hybrid training model". (Co-authors: Rajmohan Panda, Kumar Gaurav, Sanghamitra Pati, Manu Raj Mathur)
- Associate Professor Kavitha Menon from the Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPH-G) won the session best presentation award for Nutrition for her presentation on "Intake of Dietary Supplements in Pregnant Indian Women: Too Much of A Good Thing?".
- The IIPH Delhi Research paper titled “Indigenous Medicine Use for Sex Selection during Pregnancy and Risk of Congenital Malformations and stillbirths” – ( Sutapa B Neogi, Preeti H Negandhi, Abhijit Ganguli, Sanjay Zodpey, Rakesh Gupta) won the best paper award on Maternal health at the 2nd International Conference on Public Health, Colombo (28-29 July 2016)
Indian Institute of Public Health Placements
The key endeavour of Placement Cell at PHFI-IIPHs is to facilitate the employability of the students, enrolled for the PHFI's on-campus academic programs The placement cell supports the placement process by identifying relevant career opportunities for those who are seeking placement assistance. The placement cell provides timely update to the students about available opportunities in other organizations of relevance. Every year, the placement cell also organises professional development workshop for the students, which includes sessions on resume writing/cover letter writing/ interview skills/ email etiquettes/ group discussion etc.
Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPH) has following infrastructure available
- Class rooms,furnished with modern teaching facilities.
- The whole campus is rigged with WiFi internet connectivity and LCD projectors.
- Computer labs are supplied with specific software for public health research and education.
- Video conferencing facilities
- Updated library, Equipped with latest books
Nearby popular spots within 5 KM from the campus
|Coriander Leaf - Best Restaurant in Gurgaon (Restaurant)|
|Hotel ibis Gurgaon (Restaurant)|
|Ramada Gurgaon Central (Restaurant)|
|Barbeque Nation (Restaurant)|
|Striker Pub (Bar)|
|Sweet Obsession (Restaurant)|
|The Monk (Restaurant)|
|Peppers (Night Club)|
|Chin Chin (Restaurant)|
|32nd Milestone (Restaurant)|
|Odyssey Restaurant (Night Club)|
|Medanta - The Medicity (Hospital)|
|Privat Hospital (Hospital)|
|Artemis Hospital (Hospital)|
|Paras Hospitals (Hospital)|
|Sahara Mall (Shopping Mall)|
Try our extensive database of FAQs or submit your own question...
Shubham Kumar Asked this 1 year ago - India
Anonymous User Asked this 1 year ago - India
Ayesha Sultana Asked this 10 months ago - India
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place