K. M. Asghar Husain College of Education - KMAHCE Akola - KMAHCE
The “Urdu education society, Akola” which is registered under the Society act 1860 and 1950 is working in the field of education since 1959-60. In the year 1960 there was only one Govt. school imparting education through Urdu medium to the Muslim students. In this year the strength of Muslim students increased and there was only one section of class VIII in govt. high school, Akola which was not sufficient. Hence our founder president Late Mr. Khan Mohammad Asghar Husain took a deputation to the DSE of Akola Mr. Bakshi and requested him to give an additional section in the Govt. high school, Akola. Mr. Bakshi told our founder President that instead of taking an additional section in the Govt. high school, Akola it would be better if he starts a new school to which he would grant his permission. So our founder president along with his friends took a meeting and it was unanimously decided to register a society bearing the name “Urdu Education Society”. As promised by Mr. Bakshi he granted permission to the society to open the school having a section of class VIII. This year the school admitted 34 students and due to unavailability of proper infrastructure their classes were held in Hasham Seth library. In 1960 the member of the society Mr. Mohammad Ibrahim Jafar donated the plot to the society for constructing the school building on the condition that the school would be named after his deceased brother Mr. Usman Azad. The society accepted the plot on the condition laid by Mr. Ibrahim Jafar. In 1961 classes of Usman Azad Urdu high school was held the donated plot in three temporary classrooms build out of tin shades. Further the society progressed and constructed a huge building. The school was started with strength of only 34 students but now by the grace of Allah, The Almighty, there are more than 3500 students studying in these schools and colleges run by this society. At first the society was working in the field of secondary and higher secondary education but the community request this society to work in the field of higher education too. Thus the society applied for Arts, Science and CommerceCollege along with permission for B.Ed.College to the Govt. of Maharashtra in 1990. The Govt. of Maharashtra was pleased to grant permission of B.Ed.College having an intake capacity of 80 students. According to this permission the society started a B.Ed. college in the name of our founder President Late Mr. Khan Mohammad Asghar Husain (M.P.). When the college got started 64 students were admitted by the CAC (Central Admission Committee) and 16 students were admitted by the management under management quota. In the year 1994-95 the society applied to the Govt. of Maharashtra to grant minority status and the Govt. of Maharashtra was pleased to grant this status to the society and the institutes run by the society. As the Honorable Supreme Court of India has empowered the management to admit 100% students, in the year 2005-06 the college has made all the admission on its own strictly based on merit list.