Mepco Schlenk Engineering College (MEPCO) is situated in Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu state of India. Established in 1984, it is accredited from NAAC, ISO, NBA, AICTE and it is affiliated to Anna University. Mepco Schlenk Engineering College MEPCO, Sivakasi offers 34 courses across 5 streams namely Engineering, Medical, IT, Management, Sciences and across 8 degrees like Ph.D, M.E., B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech. Mepco Schlenk Engineering College campus is spread over 151 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Girls Hostel, Guest house, Lib, Medical Fac., Placement, Sports are also there. Mepco Schlenk Engineering College accepts TANCET - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test - MBA for admission into Engineering courses
Area 151 Acres
Buit up area 98503 Square Meters
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Guest house
- Medical Fac.
- Seminar Hall
- Conference Room
Awards and Rankings
- Honored with “Distinguished College award” at the CSI TechNext India 2017 conference organized by Computer Society of India (CSI), Mumbai Chapter & IIT Bombay during 14-15, January 2017.
- Dr.S.Arivazhagan, Principal received the “Distinguished PRINCIPAL Award” from the CSI Mumbai Chapter on January 15, 2017.
- Won the Best Innovative Campus Award in Engineering Students Innovation Challenge (ESIC 2017) conducted by International Society for Scientific & Research Development (ISSRD), Bangalore.
- NPTEL Local Chapter has been ranked 3rd in All India level & 1st in Tamilnadu and rated as AAA by NPTEL, IIT-Madras, Chennai.
- Sri. A. Vairaprakasam, President, College Administrative Committee, Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi received the Edupreneurs Award 2013 who transformed Engineering Education in INDIA from Engineering Watch magazine on 15th February 2013 in EDUPRENEURS CONCLAVE 2013 held at New Delhi.
- Honored with the “ International Asia pacific Quality Award :: Quest for Excellence Award (Third Highest)” : Education Category in 2010.
- Honored with the “ IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Trophy” in the Education Category in 2009
- Honored with the "Outstanding Educational Institution Award 2009" through TVN-KIDAO-NIQR from the National Institute of Quality and Reliability (NIQR) for maintaining exceptional quality.
- Won the 2008 IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Performance Excellence Trophy in the Education sector.
- ISTE Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan National award based on the best overall performance for the years 2005 and 1998 awarded by ISTE New Delhi.
- Out of 40 Colleges participated in various events, the MEPCO Schlenk Engg. College has been certified ‘Best Institute Award’ at IIT Chennai (CEAFEST), and have presented a licensed software ‘CADS’ which costs Rs 2,75,000. This Award is being received by our Civil Engg. students consecutively for 5 times from 2004 to 2008.
- Best ISTE Students' Chapter Award (Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Section) for the year 2007 by ISTE, New Delhi.
- "Best Engineering College Award – 2007" among all the Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu, Kerala, Andhra and Karnataka from Energy Society of India, Bhopal through Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry.
The management has magnanimously initiated scholarships for both UG & PG students to motivate curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities to bring out their talents.
- No major disciplinary action either in the hostel or in the college.
- No fine due to attendance
- Minimum internal mark requirements : -
Academic Performance : 17 out of 20 (Under Anna University Scheme)
: 25 out of 30 for UG and 34 out of 40 for PG (Under Mepco R2013 Autonomous Regulation)
: 34 out of 40 for UG and 42 out of 50 for PG (Under Mepco R2015 Autonomous Regulation) - Sports and Other extra-curricular activities : 15 out of 20 (Under University Scheme)
: 22 out of 30 (Under Mepco R2013 Autonomous Regulation)
: 30 out of 40 (Under Mepco R2015 Autonomous Regulation)
Passed in First Attempt.
A good character certificate from the previously studied institute.
UNDER AUTONOMOUS, MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR I YEAR BE/BTECH*
+2 Performance for ACADEMICS for SPORTS / FINE ARTS
Centum in Maths, Physics, Chemistry No Tuition fee + Rs.50,000 Scholarship + Rs.25,000 Scholarship for State- level medal winner
Centum in any two of Maths, Physics, No Tuition fee + Rs.25,000 Scholarship
Aggregate 190 and above out of 200 Rs.30,000 Scholarship
Aggregate 180 to 189.99 out of 200 Rs.15,000 Scholarship
Aggregate 170 to 179.99 out of 200 Rs.12,500 Scholarship for State-level medal winner
* Subject to approval from management. Students those who entered into I BE/B.Tech from 2009 to 2014 were already
been given. # Other conditions apply.
# University examination results for I semester, if announced, will also be considered.
# Applicable only to +2 passed out students in the current year – reappearance will not be considered.
MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR OTHER STUDENTS
- Mode of Scholarship Disposal for other students
- The University Mark is considered after the receipt of revaluation result.
- The Academic Scholarship will be awarded as follows :
- In the second year based on the marks obtained till 3rd sem.
- In the third year based on marks obtained till 5th semester
- In the fourth year marks obtained till 7th semester
- The number of scholarships will be 3/6/9 for a branch of strength 60/120/180 respectively
- Outgoing students will be receiving academic performance medals and they will not be considered for the management scholarship.
- If there is tie, then both the students will be awarded with the higher rank and the next level will fall vacant.
DETAILS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Rank Scholarship amount Applicable students 1 Rs. 20,000/- All BE/BTECH, ME/MTECH, MBA, MCA 2 Rs. 17,500/- All BE/BTECH, ME/MTECH, MBA, MCA 3 Rs. 15,000/- All BE/BTECH, ME/MTECH, MBA, MCA 4 Rs. 12,500/- BE-EEE, BE-ECE, BE-CSE and BE-Mech branch students only 5 Rs. 10,000/- BE-EEE, BE-ECE, BE-CSE and BE-Mech branch students only 6 Rs. 9,000/- BE-EEE, BE-ECE, BE-CSE and BE-Mech branch students only 7 Rs. 8,000/- BE-ECE students only 8 Rs. 7,000/- BE-ECE students only 9 Rs. 5,000/- BE-ECE students only
BEST CERTIFIED PROJECT WORK
- International-level 5 projects @ Rs.20,000 (per team)
- National-level 5 projects@ Rs.10,000 (per team)
BEST UNDER GRADATE PROJECT WORK
- One Best Project from every UG class will be awarded @Rs.10,000/- (per team) after review and declared by a panel of external and internal review members.
Level Amount National level participation/representation top 2 students @ Rs.10,000/- each State level representation top 25 students @ Rs.7,500/- each Inter University representation top 25 students @ Rs.5,000/- each University Winner top 30 students @ Rs.5,000/- each District level Winner top 30 students @ Rs.3,000/- each District level Runner top 30 students @ Rs.2,000/- each
FINE ARTS (DEBATE, LITERARY, DANCE, MUSIC)
Level Amount State level Winner 50 prizes @ Rs.2,000/- each
RECIPIENT OF MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2015
- During this year, Rs. 8.7 lakhs has been awarded as scholarship to 42 first year B.E/B.Tech Students who joined in July 2014. Also this year Rs.8.71 lakhs has been distributed to 56 students of II/III/IV year B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, M.B.A and M.C.A in recognition of their talents in various categories like best performance in academic, best projects, sports, fine arts, etc. The complete list of students receiving the Management Scholarship is tabulated.
There are several more scholarship facilities available to the eligible students. They include:
Scholarships for Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities: The income of the BC / MBC / DNC parents / guardians shall not exceed Rs.2.5 Lakhs per annum. This scholarship is granted by the District Backward Classes Welfare Officer, Virudhunagar.
- (a) Govt. of India Post Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe Students: The income of the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe parents should not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per annum and the income of parents of Adi Dravida students converted to Christianity should not exceed Rs.2 Lakhs.
- (b) Government of India Scholarship SC/ST – Free Education (1st Graduation) Scholarship: The income of the scheduled caste/ scheduled tribe parents should not exceed Rs.2.5 Lakhs per annum. 1st Graduation certificate is needed. Both scholarships are granted by the District Adi Dravidar Welfare officer, Virudhunagar.
- National Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is available for all Indian citizens irrespective of the community, provided if they fulfill the following conditions: They should have received this scholarship in the higher secondary school where they studied last. They should have passed all the examinations held in the previous year and should not be in receipt of any other scholarship. These Students’ Parents/Guardians income should not exceed Rs.6 lakhs per annum.
- Deceased Government Servants’ Educational Allowances Awarded by the DTE, Chennai: This scholarship is available for all Indian citizens provided they are children of any government servants of Tamilnadu who meet with death in service and they should not be getting any other scholarship
- Chief Minister Prize Award to SC/ST Students: This scholarship will be awarded to the SC students/SC converts to Christianity, provided boys have secured 1074 marks and above in the +2 public examination and girls 1085 marks and above. The awarding authority of this scholarship is the Director of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Chennai.
- GATE Scholarship: This Scholarship will be awarded to the PG students who have valid GATE score. The number of scholarship depends on AICTE approval.
- Farmer Social Security Scheme Scholarship: The Scholarship covers farmer's requirements such as health, education of children, hostel fees, accident relief, senior citizens' welfare and special attention for women/girl child.
- Merit cum – Means based Scholarship to Minority student: The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
- Beedi Employees Scholarship: The Labour Welfare Commission attached to the Union Ministry of Labour will provide scholarship assistance to wards beedi, mine and cinema workers, to enable them to continue their studies.
The Government has directed that the recipients of scholarships should normally have earned 75% of attendance. All the scholarships are liable to forfeit for misconduct and irregularity in attendance, unsatisfactory progress in studies, indiscipline, indulging in alcohol and drugs consumption, participation in mass agitation, ragging etc. Each scholarship holder should submit a declaration in the prescribed form signed by the candidate and his / her parent / guardian. The governing rules for the above scholarships may vary as per Government directives. As per Government norms when a student receives any other scholarship (private or government) he/she is not eligible to apply for another scholarship.
This cell is headed by the Training and Placement Officer (TPO) Dr. S. P. Asok having more than Thirty years of Teaching/Research experience. The TPO holds an independent charge and each department is represented by nominated Placement Faculty Representatives and Placement Student Representatives.
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College News
Contact Details of Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
Address:Mepco Nagar, Mepco Engineering College Post-626005 Sivakasi, Tamilnadu, India
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place