Placements Stats for All Degrees
SIT is the first institution among the affiliated colleges of the Visvesvaraya Technological University to establish a full-fledged Training and Placement Department with a senior professor, experienced in industry, as its head. The department is responsible for catering to the following needs of students.
The department contacts industries and invites them for campus recruitments.
Guest house accommodation, local hospitality and other infrastructural facilities are provided to the industries to effectively and efficiently conduct campus selection programmes. During the last three years, the department has been successful in getting a number of industries to visit SIT for campus recruitment. These include Infosys, IBM, Wipro Technologies, Wipro Infotech, Wipro Fluid Power, TCS, BPL Telecom, BPL Innovision, MascotSystems, IT Solutions, BFL Software, Trigent Software, Bharti Telesoft, Netkraft, Sonata Software, E-Capital, Philips Software, Robert Bosch, CMC Ltd., BEL, Future Techno Designs, Mistral Software, TVS Group, Maini Group, TAFE, Birla VXL, Mysore Cements, Mysore Paper Mills, Mysore Petrochemicals, Kalyani Group, Triveni Engineering, Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilisers, Karmobiles, Grasim Industries, etc. A large number of students are getting placed in the industry through campus recruitment.
The department organizes the following professional development and placement related training programmes every year for all the students in ODD and EVEN semesters.
I / II SEMESTER: Communicative English
- From the academic year 2011-12, Communicative English has been introduced in the curriculum as a mandatory subject. The syllabus of communication English for I / II semester students is thoroughly revised and tuned to the present day business requirements. The course content consists of 2 parts namely, Class room lectures of 42 hours and Lab component of 28 hours of self study with online course, Cambridge ESOL developed by Cambridge University is made available to all students. It is a mandatory subject with no credits and students have to pass in the subject.
II SEMESTER: Feel Employable Programm
- A three-day orientation programme focusing on oral and written communication, public speaking, group discussion, building self esteem, mind skill development, biodata preparation, comprehension using effective criticism, application writing and team building.
V SEMESTER: Training Programme on Soft-skills
- A six day programme focusing on training students in soft-skills such as interpersonal skills, leadership skills, time management, business etiquette, psychological team building skills, group discussion and personal interview skills.
VI SEMESTER: Training Programme on Aptitude Related Analytical Skills
- From the academic year 2010-11, Aptitude Related Analytical Skills has been made a mandatory subject. The expert trainer groups are conducting these classes as per the prescribed syllabus. It is a 36 hours programme focusing on training students in solving logical, quantitative reasoning, general and technical aptitude tests based on companies' requirement. Internal assessment tests and examinations are also conducted.
Industrial Comptency Laboratory (ICL)
- ICL was established in the year 2002. Since then there has been an ongoing effort to create and impart skills to reorient the students in software development and Industry methodologies. Simultaneously it also aims at providing an inclustrial environment in the academic institutions by imparting competencies and best practices relevent to the industry. Thus, it is an overall endeavor to empower students to be productive from the beginning of their career.
Siddaganga Institute of Technology
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Contact Details of Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
Contact No:08162214011 , 08162214011
Address:B.H. Road, Tumkur, Karnataka, India- 572103
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place