Shri Shivaji Science College - SSSC
The college is affiliated, to “Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University”. In addition to this, recently Amravati emerged on the world map as the native place of the former President of India, Mrs. Pratibhatai Patil. The Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati, was founded in 1932, by the Late Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh, a leader of the peasants, the First Agriculture Minister of Independent India, and a Member of the “Constitution Draft Committee” for Govt. of India. It is one of the premier institutions of higher education in the Amravati region. It is worth mentioning that, under its canopy, there are in all 277 institutions including Medical, Agriculture, Engineering, Science, Law, Education as well as Higher Secondary Schools, High Schools, Middle Schools, and Primary Schools. The Shri Shivaji Education Society is indeed a major stakeholder in the field of education in Amravati region. The society bagged many prestigious awards from the state government in recognition of its dedication in the field of education. Shri Shivaji Science College, Amravati was established in 1958 with a combination of faculties namely Science, Arts, Commerce, Law and Agriculture, and was separated as a Science faculty in 1969, and has already completed fifty glorious years of its existence in 2008.The college proudly declare that it has indeed grown from a seedling into a tree that has not only sheltered thousands of youngsters but also has molded them into great personalities, now scattered across the globe. With its first accreditation in 2001 with an A Four Star grade, and reaccredited in 2008, with an A Grade Very Good, CGPA 3.10, by NAAC. It was indeed a great achievement. The College has also earned a special reputation for being conferred with the status of a “College with Potential for Excellence”, by the UGC, in the first phase and now for the second phase the proposal has already been submitted to the UGC.
- Introduction of Science as a new faculty in Shri Shivaji College in 1958.
- Seperated from parent institution as an independent Shri Shivaji Science College in 1969.
- Evolved as Premier Institution for imparting formal education in the Science stream.
- Reaccredited by NAAC,Banglore with 'A' Grade (Very Good).
- UGC has awarded CPE (College Potential with Excellence) status.
- Conveniently accessible from all parts of Amravati city.
- Spacious and evergreen campus.
- Permanent,Fulltime,Competent staff.
- Spacious class-rooms,modern,well-equipped laboratories & excellent sports facilities.
- Campus networking and Broad Band Connectivity..
- Fully computerised competent library with SOUL software,OPAC and Circulation Module.