- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College (AKGEC), Ghaziabad is affiliated to Dr. A.P.J.
- Abdul Kalam Technical University and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education.
- The college was established in 1998 and offers B.Tech Courses in seven disciplines of Engineering.
- The college also offers postgraduate course in Computer Applications (MCA) and M.Tech in Automation and Robotics, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Power & Energy Systems, VLSI Design and Mechanical Engineering.
- The college is accredited by NAAC and certified for ISO 9001-2008 by BSI, UK.
- The college has been consistently maintaining excellent academic results and placements.
- The college has the distinction of being the first and only college in UP to receive the Academic Excellence Award for the Best Engineering College in UPTU from H.E. the Governor of UP for two successive years.
- The college has been consistently maintaining excellent academic results and placements. In the year 2013-14, the college broke all records by securing 26 positions with 4 Gold, 3 Silver & 2 Bronze medals in university branch wise merit list.
- Subsequently, in year 2014-15 also, the college has achieved unbeatable distinction of 21 positions in the merit list with 3 Gold, 1 Silver & 2 Bronze medals.
- Intellectual property, which is reflected by the caliber of faculty, is a strong point for AKGEC.
- Most Heads of Departments and senior faculty members are former professors or alumni of IITs.
- The Director, Dr R.K. Agarwal is a B.Tech from IIT, Kanpur, MS from C.I.T., Cranfield, U.K. and Ph.D from IISc, Bangalore.
- With such a strong intellectual capital, the college fosters and encourages a teaching methodology that has both a theoretical and practical approach.
- The Chairman, Shri Ashok Pal, an engineer and eminent educationist, says, “The college milieu encourages every student to develop respect for established norms and values and at the same time understand the importance of technical knowledge in human development”
- Spread over 40 acre campus, AKGEC has excellent infrastructure with well planned complexes for each department having spacious laboratories, classrooms equipped with state of the art teaching aids, department libraries and faculty cabins.
- Departmental laboratories have the latest equipment and relevant licensed software.
- The college has state-of-the-art computing facilities with over 900 computers networked through broadband facilitating sharing of information over intra and Internet.
- The college has a fully automated central library with over 62,500 books, national/international journals, including e-journals, and an interactive satellite (EDUSAT) terminal with two way video conferencing facility.
AKGEC Pictures & Videos
AKGEC Vision and Mission
OUR VISION To introduce undergraduate andpostgraduate courses for all engineering branches and award of Ph.D degree, To be one of the best engineering colleges in the country and to be a deemed university. OUR MISSION We strive to provide andmaintain academic environment and systems, enabling maximum learning to produce competent professionals. We also aim at achieving this through ...
Awards & Rankings
- Best Engineering College in UPTU for two successive years from H.E., The Governor of U.P.
- Ranked No. 1 by GBTU.