Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
Ewing Christian College, Allahabad caters its students with state of the Art infrastructure, and it is also well equipped with all the modern facilities. Some of the major facilities are Spacious Classrooms with Internet connectivity and all modern facilities, Sufficient number of Aqua Guards to offer purified drinking water, Separate Girl's common room, Well equipped Library with huge collection of Books and Journals, E-Library with 60 computers and many other required facilities.
Area 43 Acres
Interested in this college?
Students Activities & Clubs
The catch- word for the government sponsored social service programme is "Not me but you". The objective of this programme is ‘service to community//. It seeks to arise the social consciousness among students and provide them with opportunities to work with people creatively and constructively and to put the education they receive to concrete social use. In process these programmes help students to develop thir personality and experience. These objectives are sought to be achieved by enabling the students to :
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and to look for solutions in which they can be involved.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Apply their education in finding practical solutions to the problems of the individual and of the community.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration.
National Service Scheme programme include a special seven day day-night camp in an adopted slum area imparting education and rendering community service. A certificate is awarded to each student who participates as an N.S.S. volunteer regularly two years and completes at least one special camp. There are ten units of N.S.S. in our college, three units for girls and seven units for boys. 100 volunteers enroll per unit hence 1000 students enroll as NSS volunteers each year.
"Challenges is part of life .............. take it in your stride knowing that you will win most of the times. Lose sometimes but, become a better man either way for having tried."
National Cadet Corps existed in Ewing Christian College since 1950//s to ignite the minds of cadets with the motto - UNITY AND DISCIPLINE to develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, ideals of selfless service and bring peace, prosperity and bliss to the nation.
PRESENT N.C.C. OFFICERS
- Lt. Ajin Ray
- S.Lt. Thomas Abraham
- There are 2 naval divisions of 50 cadets in each division. The total strength is 100 and 30% seats are reserved for girls.
- Training forms the backbone of N.C.C. which inculcates in the cadets the traits and qualities of resourcefulness, positive thinking moral and courage. The cadets are required to attend 120 periods per year which includes parade, firing, pulling, sailing, semaphore, rigging service lectures etc.
- Every year cadets attend CATC, Pre-Nausainik, Nausainik, Pre-RD, Republic Day, N.C.C. Day, Ship Attachment, Sea Training, Advance leadership camps etc.
- In the month of February ‘BEE// and ‘CEE// certificate examinations are held. Cadets find these certificates of immense value while seeking employment.
- Since 2002 about 32 cadets have been selected in inform services viz., 10 in Armed forces, 4 in Coast guard, 4 as security officers in Reliance and 14 in Police force.
- Both the ANOs have been awarded and honored for their performances in workshops, camps and seminars.
Thus N.C.C. is a noble Endeavour in E.C.C. and we must continue to do what it takes to keep the organization, vibrant, relevant, contemporary and attractive to the youth of today. Lastly I quote - "You have to prepare yourself to win".
Ewing Christian College has launched the Ewing Ecosense Club to sensitize all bonafied students of Science, Arts and Education streams towards various important environmental issues. The Club organizes Eco-tours, Guest lectures, Seminars, Symposia, Visit to Biosphere Reserve, National Parks, Santuries, etc. The objective behind organizing such activities is to sensitize the students towards the importance of environmental conservation and also to help them understand our dependence on the environment. An Ecosense Newsletter containing articles, important researches in the field of enviromental science, questions on General Environmental awareness etc is under publication. The other activites organized by the Ecosense club include debates, speech competitions, essay writing competitions on burning environmental problems, etc.