Elphinstone College (EC Mumbai) is situated in Mumbai in Maharashtra state of India. Established in 1835, it is accredited from NAAC and it is affiliated to University of Mumbai. Elphinstone College EC Mumbai, Mumbai offers 21 courses across 3 streams namely Arts, Commerce / Banking, Sciences and across 4 degrees like B.A., B.Sc., Certificate, B.Com.Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Boys Hostel, Counselling, Planning lab, Girls Hostel, Gym, Gymkhana, Lib, Cls. Room, Music, Placement are also there.
- Boys Hostel
- Planning lab
- Girls Hostel
- Cls. Room
Awards and Rankings
- National Quality Awards: Quality and higher education and Industry
- Department of Gymkhana: 2 nd place in short putt
Dadiba M. Sethna Endowment Scholarships
(a) Junior College:
The Dadiba M. Sethna Endowment Scholarships. The trustees of the DadibaM.Sethna Endowment Fund founded in 1979 have donated 12 merit scholarships, each or Rs.30/- p.m. six for the F.Y.J.C. and 6 for the S.Y.J.C. classes (4 for the Science and 2 for the Arts section in each class.) Scholarships awarded in the F.Y.J.C. class on the basis of the percentage of marks in the aggregate obtained at the S.S.C. or any other qualifying examinations for admission to the F.Y.J.C. class, will be tenable for one year. The Scholarships in the S.Y.J.C. class will be awarded for one year to the students of the College according to the percentage of marks obtained in the F.Y.J.C. Annual the College according to the percentage of marks obtained in the F.Y.J.C. Annual Examination, if the students continue their studies in the college for the college for the S.Y.J.C. Class.
(b) Senior College :
i) The Bombay Municipal Corporation Endowment Scholarships : The Bombay Municipal corporation has endowed the following scholarships :
- Two scholarships of Rs. 40/- p.m. each of the S.Y. and T.Y.B.A./B.Sc.
ii) The college Centenary scholarships: At the time of the College Centenary in 1956, substantial funds were collected, the interest accruing from which was proposed to be awarded as scholarships. These scholarships came into force from June, 1968. The following scholarships are awarded from the Centenary Scholarships Fund :
- Two Tata Scholarships of Rs. 50/- p.m. each to poor and deserving students, one from the T.Y.B.A., and one form the T.Y.B.Sc.
- 27 Merit Scholarships, each of Rs.40/- p.m. to students of the three year B.A. and B.Sc. degree courses.
Class Total No. of Scholarships No. and Name of Scholarship Monthly Value of Scholarships F.Y.J.C. Arts 2 2 Dadiba M. Sethna Endowment Scholarships Rs. 30/- each S.Y.J.C. Arts 2 2 Dadiba M. Sethna Endowment Scholarships Rs. 30/- each F.Y.J.C. Science 4 2 Dadiba M. Sethna Endowment Scholarships Rs. 30/- each S.Y.J.C. Science 4 2 Dadiba M. Sethna Endowment Scholarships Rs. 30/- each F.Y.B.A. 13 6 Centenary Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 7 College Open Merit Scholarships Rs. 15/- each S.Y.B.A. 13 2 Municipal Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 4 Centenary Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 7 College Open Merit Scholarships Rs. 15/- each T.Y.B.A. 14 1 Tata Scholarship Rs. 50/- each 2 Municipal Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 4 Centenary Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 7 College Open Merit Scholarships Rs. 15/- each F.Y.B.Sc. 13 5 Centenary Scholarships Rs. 40/- each S.Y.B.Sc. 13 2 Municipal Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 4 Centenary Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 7 College Open Merit Scholarships Rs. 15/- each T.Y.B.Sc. 14 1 Tata Scholarship Rs. 50/- 2 Municipal Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 4 Centenary Scholarships Rs. 40/- each 7 College Open Merit Scholarships Rs. 15/- each
Rules governing the award of above mentioned Merit Scholarships:
- Students who have not failed in any examination and have been throughout the College and University career, students of Elphinstone College.
- Students transferring from other Colleges may be considered for the award if they obtained at least 55% marks in the aggregate in the subsequent college terminal examinations.
- The award of a scholarship is subject to good conduct, satisfactory progress and regularity in attendance. A scholarship is withdrawn if in the terminal examination, or in the case of scholarship tenable for more than one year, in the Annual examination, the scholar does not obtain a Second Class except if in the option of the common room there are extenuating circumstances in respect of the failure to obtain a Second Class.
- Scholars are not exempted from payment of College and Gymkhana fees.
In addition to the above scholarship there exist the following scholarships schemes administer by the Directorate of Education, Maharashtra State.
(A) GOVERNMENT OF INDIA'S SCHOLARSHIPS :
(1) National Merit Scholarships
(2) National Loan Scholarships
(3) National Talent Search Scholarships
(4) National Scholarships Talent Search Scholarship
(5) National Scholarships for Talented Children from Rural Area
(6) Cultural Talent Search Scholarships
(7) Sports Talent Search Scholarships
(8) Merit Scholarships to children of Primary and Secondary School Teachers.
(9) Scholarships for Post-Matric study in Hindi to students from Non-Hindi speaking states.
(10)Scholarships to students from Higher Secondary Course studying Sanskrit.
(11)Scholarships to students belonging to Backward Classes / Lower IncomeGroup.
(12) Scholarships / Educational Concession to children of Defence Services Personnel / Ex- Servicemen
(13)Scholarships / Educational Concession to children of Freedom Fighters.
(B) GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA'S SCHOLARSHIPS :
(1) Open Merit Scholarships
(2) Free-Studentships to students belonging to the Backward Classes
(3) Free-Studentships to students belonging to the Economically Backward Classes.
(4) Educational Concessions to girl students in Standards XI and XII (Junior College).
(5) Scholarships to students passing out from Government Public Schools.
(6) Sports Scholarships.
In the present era of globalization employability is the test of the education. Keeping this in mind, the Placement Cell of the College works towards acquainting the students with industries which look out for graduate/undergraduate students, through workshops. Career fairs are organized regularly to help the students discover various options available to shape their ...
Elphinstone College News
Contact Details of Elphinstone College, Mumbai
Contact No:(022) 2284 4060 , 2284 3797
Address:ELPHINSTONE COLLEGE 156, M.G.Road, Fort, Mumbai-400 032.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place