Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
How to reach
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education is situated at V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai, 400088 INDIA in Mumbai.
- 3 Years
- Doctor of Philosophy-Ph.D
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education - HBCSE
The genesis of the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) can be traced to the late 1960's, when some scientists at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) got interested in the problem of improving the quality of science education in the country. These scientists, on a voluntary basis, undertook programmes in the schools of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation and in rural Madhya Pradesh. As the activities grew, a strong need was felt for institutional support, to systematically carry out field projects, do relevant basic research in science education, and to bring out good educational materials. The HBCSE was founded in July 1974 as a constituent unit of TIFR, under grants-in-aid received from the Sir Dorabjee Tata Trust. For the first seven years, the HBCSE was supported by the Trust; later, the Department of Atomic Energy undertook to support it as part of TIFR. HBCSE is now a National Centre under the School of Natural Sciences of TIFR, devoted to research and development in science and mathematics education. Nanachowk Municipal School where HBCSE was located before 1992 In October 1992, HBCSE moved from a temporary location in the Nana Chowk Municipal Secondary School, to its new campus located at Anushaktinagar. The campus has good basic facilities and administrative services. HBCSE staff reflects a wide spectrum of disciplines (physical, life and behavioral sciences).
Why join HBCSE
The College has lush green campus with modern infrastructure.
1 Type Courses Available
- 1 phd Courses
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Placements
The campus of HBCSE has excellent basic facilities:
- Laboratories for post-school level in physics, chemistry, and biology
- An integrated laboratory and mathematics activity laboratory for school level
- A computer laboratory with basic computing facilities, LAN, and DTP with GNU/LINUX ; and some newly acquired PowerPCs
- An audio-visual laboratory for producing animations, video films, and multimedia materials
- A workshop supporting civil, electrical and other maintenance work
- A library having over 18,555 books and 125 journals
- An auditorium (capacity 150); Two Lecture Halls (capacity 60 each); Seminar Rooms; Committee Room; equipped with PA system, overhead projector, slide projector and recording facilities
- An exhibition space in the ground floor foyer
- A hostel which can accommodate about 15 long-term visitors and about 25 short-term visitors/participants for orientation programs
- An office providing administrative support with separate sections for establishment, accounts, purchase, and security
Try our extensive database of FAQs or submit your own question...
vikram rathi Asked this 1 year, 10 months ago - India
Lakshmi kumari Asked this 12 months ago - India
isha Asked this 12 months ago - India