Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) is situated in Delhi in Delhi state of India. Established in 1905, it is accredited from ISO Indian Agricultural Research Institute IARI, Delhi offers 37 courses across 4 streams namely Sciences, Engineering, Medical, IT and across 3 degrees like Ph.D, M.Sc., M.Tech. Indian Agricultural Research Institute campus is spread over 1235 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Boys Hostel, Girls Hostel, Lib, Sports, Grounds, RnD are also there.
Area 1235 Acres
Sports Grounds 1
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
Awards and Rankings
Institute Level Awards
Sukumar Basu Memorial Award
B.P. Pal Memorial Award
Shri Harikrishna Shastri Memorial Award
Rao Bahadur Dr. B. Viswanath Award
A. B. Joshi Award
Best Teacher Award
Divisional Level Awards
Dr. E.A. Siddiq Award
S.S. Bains Memorial Award
R.D. Asana Endowment Lecture Scheme
D.N. Puri Memorial Award
P.B. Sarkar Memorial Endowment Lecture Award
K.M. Singh Memorial Award
Shri B. Lakshminarayana Memorial award
P.K. Aggarwal Award
Guru Prasad Pradhan Award
P.N. Behl Award
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (hereinafter referred to as Institute) Junior and Senior Scholarship shall be awarded to M.Sc. and Ph.D. students admitted under General Open Competition Scheme on the following terms and conditions:
The Awards shall be made by the Dean and Joint Director (Education) of the Institute on the advice of the “Standing Committee on Scholarships Financial Assistance and Academic Progress”, which shall take into consideration the merit of each applicant based initially on his admission and subsequently on his performance at the Post-Graduate School.
Value of Scholarship
The value of the M.Sc. and Ph.D. scholarship will be 10,500/- and 13,125/- per month, respectively. The scholarship shall be drawn in the extension period also where such extension beyond two/three years, respectively, has been granted. The scholarship will be inclusive of all fees and other charges of the teaching institution. In addition to the monthly amount of junior/senior scholarship a contingent grant of 6,000/- per academic year for M.Sc. students, and 10,000/- per academic year for Ph.D. students will be paid towards the cost of experimental material, books, the thesis and the study tours required for the study as recommended by the Chairperson/Professor concerned.
Scholarship to the In-service Candidates/ Departmental Students
As per ICAR norms, the In-service candidates joining M.Sc./Ph.D. course on study leave/ deputation who are in receipt of study allowance/ halting allowance/deputation allowance etc. in addition to full leave salary, the scholarship amount will be adjusted so that they will get a maximum benefit of 3,000/- p.m. only in addition to full leave salary. This is in addition to the payment of contingent grant. Those in-service candidates who are not in receipt of JRF/SRF and receiving partial salary (half or leave without pay) will also be eligible to get Institute Scholarship of 3,000/- p.m. provided they are employed by ICAR/SAU system, either nominated by ICAR or selected for admission by any university and who opt to join at a place other than the one where working and provided further that the third degree is not from the same institute.
- The scholarships will be admissible to students of Indian Nationality as defined in the constitution of India or persons domiciled in India, irrespective of sex, race or religion.
- A fellow will be under the administrative control of the Dean. He/she will work under a recognised Guide on the faculty of the con-cerned discipline.
- Each fellow will submit to the Dean, Post Graduate School for approval: (i) a Plan of Post Graduate Work, and (ii) an Outline of Research Work in the proforma prescribed, recommended by Advisory Committee, Professor and Head of the concerned discipline.
- The scholarships will be effective from the date, the fellow joins the course of study at IARI.
- A fellow will devote his/her whole time to the approved study and will not be allowed to accept or hold another appointment paid or otherwise.
- If any residential accommodation is pro-vided by the Institute, license fee will be payable by him in accordance with the rules of the Institute.
- The Institute will not provide the benefits of Provident Fund to the fellow.
The Cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to its Postgraduates in their efforts to find employment. This commitment is demonstrated by the existence of a full time professor in charge. The benefit of this assistance is reflected in the preparation of students who are able to secure lucrative and esteemed positions in recent years. Its service operates year round to facilitate ...
Contact Details of Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi
Contact No:+91-11-25842367 , +91-11-25843382
Address:Pusa Road, Karol Bagh, Delhi, Delhi, India- 110012
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place