Jhargram Raj College - JRC Medinipur - JRC
Jhargram Raj College is situated at the sub-divisional town of Jhargram, a place of natural beauty. The college is set in a huge campus of 327 acres amid the serene and verdant plantations of Mahua, Sal and Piasal. Even then, the college is well connected by rail (only 3 kilometers away from Jhargram Railway Station) and read (less than one kilometer away from Central Bus Stand). It has registered a spectacular growth over" the years since its inception.
Founded in 1949 as Jhargram Agricultural College, it grew into a hallowed centre of higher learning, offering to the undergraduate students a whole array of subjects from three disciplines of Arts, Commerce and Science. In its formative years, the college received lavish patronage from the local king of Jhargram. In 1953, the Government of West Bengal took over the college. Originally affiliated to the University of Calcutta, the college was attached to the Vidyasagar University in. 1985. On 8th May, 1999, the college celebrated the completion of 50 years of its glorious existence.
In 2005, the college introduced its first Postgraduate course in Chemistry. Gradually, Postgraduate courses in Zoology and Bengali also came into being from 2006 and 2007, respectively. Different minor and major research projects funded by different Govt. agencies are carried out by the faculty members of various departments of the college. These activities lead to involve and motivate the students, especially those who are pursuing postgraduate courses in this college to a research career.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place