Apart from the principal donors there were many liberal souls who contributed generously to the cause of the inception of college. Smt. Kolli Mangamma, in a gesture of charity, donated land in memory of her husband. The other significant donations came from Sri. Pamulapati Ankineedu Prasada Rao and Sri. Nannapaneni Venkata Subba Rao, who groomed the institution in the respective capacities of Founder President and Founder Secretary. Pamulapati Butchi Naidu College grew from strength to strength adding different courses at Intermediate and Undergraduate levels, has now been comfortably accommodated with all the necessary facilities in a sprawling 22 acre land. The college was originally affiliated to Andhra University and later came into the fold of Acharya Nagarjuna University in the administrative bifurcation in 1986. The present Governing Body is led by Capt. Nannapaneni Ankappa Choudary, President and Sri. Nannpaneni Anna Rao, Secretary & Correspondent, who evince keen interest in the nurturing of the institution. Pamulapati Butchi Naidu College was established in the year 1951, envisaging the need for dissemination of Higher Education among the poor masses of rural area surrounding Nidubrolu. The college modelled on ‘Folk Schools’ in Holland and Denmark, was founded by Sri. Pamulapati Butchi Naidu and Smt. Pamulapati Venkata Subbamma with a munificent donation. Prof. N.G. Ranga, one of the greatest parliamentarians, blessed the institution with necessary inspiration. Sri. Pamulapati Butchi Naidu’s noble aspiration was fructified on 6th July 1951, when the college came into being, elevating him to the heights of ‘Vidya Poshaka’.
Awards & Rankings
- Best Degree award by Acharya Nagarjuna University