B.TECH. (DT) PROGRAMME
- These rules shall be known as “Rules and Regulations governing the award of Merit Scholarships to B.Tech. (DT) students”.
- These rules shall apply to B.Tech. (DT) students of National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University).
- These rules shall be enforceable notwithstanding anything contained in any other ordinance/rules/ regulations/orders of NDRI Deemed University.
- Institute Means “National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University)”.
- Standing Committee means “Standing committee on Scholarship, Financial, Assistance and Academic Progress”.
- Year means “Academic Year”.
- Scholarship being awarded by Govt. of India/ICAR/Alumni Association/Dairy Industry etc. shall be offered to the students on the basis of merit. This provision shall be utilized to assist as many students as possible who have good academic record and who are making diligent efforts to pursue higher education.
- The award shall be made by the Joint Director of the Institute on the recommendation of the Standing Committee, which shall take into consideration the merit of each student.
- The first year students shall be awarded scholarship on the basis of the merit assigned in Entrance Examination and Second, Third & Fourth year students on the basis of their merit of the previous year examination.
- In case students secure equal marks/SGPA/CGPA, their previous year’s result shall be taken into account for determining their inter-se-merit for the purpose. However, in respect of second year students, merit assigned in the entrance examination shall be taken into consideration.
- ICAR National Talent Scholarship (NTS) is available to every student admitted by the Council at the rate of Rs. 1000/- per month during the period of study provided the student:
(i) Joins University in a state outside his/her Domicile state.
(ii) Has not changed the University /subject allotted for any reason.
(iii) Has not admitted against any vacant seat through waitlist option as per his/her request.
(iv) Maintains good conduct and satisfactory academic performance (7.0 OGPA) throughout the period of study.
(v) Does not fail in any course during the period of study.
The duration of each Scholarship shall be one year.
The value of scholarship shall depend upon the amount earmarked by each sponsoring agency.
Condition for award:
The Scholarship will be admissible to the students of the Indian Nationality as defined in the Constitution of India or persons domiciled in India, irrespective of the sex, race or religion. Only those students shall be eligible for the award of scholarship that are not in receipt of any other scholarship/fellowship stipend from any other source. The awardees shall be required to submit an undertaking to this effect in the prescribed form. However, students getting compensation during the course of “Dairy Plant Operations and Management” In-plant Training shall be eligible for the award of merit scholarship.
The scholarship will be under the Administrative control of the Joint Director/Director.
The amount of scholarship shall not be paid to the student during the period of Conduct Probation
The scholarship will be terminated on the date:
- Student ceases to be on the rolls of NDRI.
- Student completes his/her study, which includes final viva-voce.
- The sanction expires.
- Under exceptional circumstances, if in the opinion of Joint Director, the student is found to be negligent in his/her work or guilty of unbecoming conduct, with or without notice.
MASTER IN DAIRYING AND PH.D. (DAIRYING) PROGRAMMES Scholarship
- “Institute Scholarship” is offered to all students of Indian Nationality admitted to Master’s and Doctoral programmes at NDRI to provide them financial assistance as per rules and conditions in this document.
- Scholarships are offered to only those who do not hold any other financial Assistance/ Scholarship. As and when a student receives or accepts financial assistance from any other source the “Institute Scholarship” will be terminated.
- The award of scholarship will be made on receipt of the following certificates:
- Acceptance of the award in the prescribed proforma as per Annexure-I.
- An undertaking to follow the rules and regulations as per conditions governing the Scholarship in the prescribed proforma as per Annexure-II.
The scholarship will be paid to all eligible master’s students from the date of joining and will end on the date of submission of thesis or completion of two years for the students with four years Bachelor programme and 3 years scholarship for students who have to undergo one year pre-requisite course whichever is earlier. No extension is granted for any reason whatsoever.
The scholarship will be paid to all eligible Doctoral students from the date of joining and will end on the date of submission of thesis or completion of three years for the students with 4+2 UG and PG programme and 4 years scholarship for students who have to undergo one year pre-requisite course whichever is earlier. Extension for a maximum of six months can be granted on merit. An application for extension (Annexure-III) is to be submitted by the student at least two months before the expiry of the scholarship through the Major Advisor, Advisory Committee and Head of the Division to the Joint Director. However, the students will give a seminar before the Advisory committee regarding the progress of his/her research/project. The advisory committee will review the progress of the student thoroughly and will give specific recommendation. The Head of Division will certify on the application that the scholar has delivered the seminar.
The joint Director will be the final authority to grant or refuse the extension. No extension whatsoever for any reason will be granted beyond this period.
If a student does not receive scholarship during its tenure for a certain period due to any reason whatsoever, extension of scholarship in lieu of that period beyond the prescribed duration will not be granted.
- All eligible Master’s students on the rolls of NDRI will receive Rs. 7560/- per month.
- All eligible Doctoral students on the rolls of NDRI will receive Rs. 10,500/- per month during the period of Ph.D. tenure. In-service Ph.D. students will receive Institute Scholarship @ Rs. 1000/- per month provided they are employed in ICAR/SAU system and who opt to join at a place other than the one where working and provided further that the 3rd degree is not from the same Institute.
- For the purpose of payment of Scholarship the Academic year is divided into two periods as follows:
- First Period From (Covering the 1st semester) Date of joining to 31st January
- Second Period From (Covering the 2nd semester) 1st February to 31st July
- Students of Master’s and Doctoral programmes must register for each and every prescribed course in each semester. Those who do not register for all the prescribed courses in a semester will not receive scholarship for that period (Research will be taken as course for this purpose).
- Scholarship for each preceding month for eligible students will be released only after the receipt of Progress Report (Annexure-IV).
- When the name of a student is struck off from the rolls of the University for any reason whatsoever, any amount due to him/her, whether sanctioned or not, will not be paid to him/ her.
- Master’s and Doctoral students must have obtained aggregate of 65% marks or 6.5 grade point average out of 10.0 (in Major, Complementary and Supporting courses) during the previous semester for being eligible to receive scholarship during the next period. For each course that he/she did not sit in the examination or detained for any reason, zero marks will be taken for calculating the aggregate. In case of course(s) in which he/she fails, the actual marks obtained will be counted towards the aggregate.
- The Master’s and Doctoral students who fail to obtain 65% marks or 6.5 grade point average out of 10.0 in aggregate but clear all the course work requirement will have to improve by re-appearing in one or more courses (where the marks obtained is below 65%) in the supplementary/ semester-end examinations so as to obtain 65% marks or 6.5 grade point average out of 10.0 in aggregate to become eligible for renewal of scholarship from the date of clearing the courses.
- Further provided that in both the semesters, the cases of such of the student(s), who fail to obtain 65% marks or 6.5 Grade Point Average out of 10.0, will be reviewed by the Joint Director(A) after the declaration of result of supplementary examinations and such students’ fellowship will be released from the date of clearing the course(s).
- In case of Master’s students having three year degree programme and offering only prerequisite courses during the year of admission, must have obtained an aggregate of 65% marks or 6.5 grade point average out of 10.0 during the previous semester for being eligible to receive scholarship during the next period. For each course that he/she did not sit in the examination or detained for any reason, zero marks will be taken for calculating the aggregate. In case of courses in which he/she is fails, the actual marks obtained will b counted towards the aggregate
- The aggregate of 64.5% and above will be considered as 65% for the purpose of calculating the aggregate for the scholarship and not for any other purpose whatsoever.
- For the continuation of scholarship of SC/ST students, who obtain less than 65% marks or 6.5 grade point average out of 10.0, the Joint Director/ Director/Competent Authority may relax up-to a maximum of 5% after fully satisfying himself about the justification of each individual case. This relaxation will however be allowed only once during the academic programme of a SC/ST student.
- Scholarship for each period will be released only after declaration of results of the previous semester.
- Last one full month’s scholarship will be released only after the student submits the thesis/dissertation.
The student on conduct probation will not receive the Scholarships for the duration of probation.
The scholarship will be terminated on the date:
- Student ceases to be on the rolls of NDRI.
- The scholar completes his/her study that may include submission of thesis
- The sanction of scholarship expires.
- Under exceptional circumstances, if in the opinion of Joint Director, the scholar is found to be guilty of unbecoming conduct, with or without notice.
Contact Details of National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
Address:Near Jewels Hotel, GT Rd, Karnal, Haryana 132001