- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB) was established in 1992 as an autonomous Institute. Today, SIIB is a constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU) and is one of the highly acclaimed business schools in the country. It has been recognized as a B- School that combines an excellent academic foundation with a strong leadership perspective. In an increasingly globalized world, SIIB is ahead of the curve. The pioneering work in commencing focused MBA programs in International Business (1992), Agri-business Management (2004), and Energy & Environment (2009) has been lauded by industry. This foresight has proved very valuable for organizations that seek global managers in diverse functional areas. SIIB therefore has a strong track record of excellent placements.
- The diversity of programs, with the pivotal fulcrum of International Business has helped to create a unique synergy in the curriculum, besides bringing to the campus young and vibrant minds from different disciplines and fostering a healthy exchange of ideas.
- The Symbiosis Institute of International Business was founded in 1992 as Symbiosis Institute of Foreign Trade (SIFT). As the global business world expanded tremendously, the founders felt the need to pro-actively transform the institute from one of foreign trade to an all-encompassing International Business and hence SIFT metamorphosed into Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB).
- It was not only the name of the institute that underwent a change but also its aim which became more wider to cover global aspects as it moved to a brand new campus equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure. Such changes were welcomed and appreciated by one and all in the following years. In the process, SIIB won much coveted accreditations making it one of the preferred destinations for MBA education in India.
- Today, SIIB stands as one of the premier business schools in the country. Through all these years it has provided students not only a strong academic foundation but also ensured a smart personality along with instilling in them a holistic approach to become a good citizen of the country.
- The institute can boast of 100% placements since its inception in leading companies around the country and around the globe that is reflected through an array of our alumnus spread across diverse geographical domains.
- SIIB is also recognized as the center for two more elite programs MBA (AB) Agri Business which began in 2004 and MBA (E&E) Energy & Environment, a niche program which was launched in 2009 to cater to the latest energy and environmental needs by way of providing round the clock updated and upgraded syllabi and mapping the same with the corporate needs so that our students have an edge in not only placing themselves but also in becoming entrepreneurs.
- In 2002, the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India conferred the "Deemed to be University" status on Symbiosis, and further in 2006 the UGC vide its notification withdrew the word Deemed and renamed the University as Symbiosis International University(SIU). SIU is accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade. For more details on SIU, please visit
Institute Profile -
- The Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), established as SIFT in 1992 is a constituent of Symbiosis International University and is one of the highly acclaimed business schools in the country.
- SIIB has been recognized as a B-School that combines an excellent academic foundation with a strong leadership perspective. In an increasingly globalized world, SIIB is ahead of the curve as its pioneering work in commencing focused MBA programs in International Business (1992), Agri-business Management (2004), and Energy & Environment (2009) has been lauded by the industry.
SIIB Pictures & Videos
SIIB Vision and Mission
Vision: Promoting international understanding through quality education Mission: To inculcate the spirit of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam' (the world is one family) To contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination To promote ethical and value-based learning To foster the spirit of national development To inculcate cross cultural sensitisation To develop global ...
Awards & Rankings
Ranked26th with IIM' inTimes of India-TNS Global India's Top-50 B-School Rankings 2013. Business Standard Best B-School Project Award-2013 35th Best B-School in West Zone 33rd Best Management School In India 25th Best Private B-School AAA+ rank for best B-School in Maharashtra