Some years ago, the idea of privately run Nursing Home was envisaged in Kolkata and several such were opened, the best known being "Riordans" and the "Elgin"; unfortunately both were housed in rented buildings not really suitable for this purpose. When they were eventually taken over by the East India Clinic, it was realized that they were quite inadequate for the requirements of modern medical care and that a new building was essential.A considerable period was taken up in negotiating and inspecting various sites. Eventually a fine open site was secured in Alipore, being a part of the land owned by the Maharaja of Cooch Behar, on which stood a large house occupied by him known as "Woodlands Palace ", hence the name of the present Nursing Home.On January 8th 1958, Dr. B.C. Roy, the then Chief Minister of West Bengal, himself a distinguised doctor, laid the foundation stone and building really commenced. From August 17th 1959, the new nursing home was officially "open" the first three patients being admitted on the 18th, the first operation being performed, and the first two babies born, on the next day.The infrastructure and facilities of Woodland School of Nursing consists of spread-out campus alongside various amenities in the form of library, computer center, classrooms with proper teaching and learning aids, medical facilities etc. The institute seeks to place each of its students in an organization/company of great repute.
WSN Pictures & Videos
Awards & Rankings
The college has won loads of awards for its excellent performance and achievements.