Alliance Common Law Admissions Test(B.A./B.B.A LLB-Hons) (ACLAT - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Download Application Form|
|Step 2||Submit Documents|
|Step 3||Send filled Application Form|
ACLAT 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
ACLAT 2016 News and Updates
Banaglore based Alliance School of Law of Alliance University has announced Alliance University Common Law Admission Test (ACLAT) 2017 leading to admissions for its 5 years integrated undergraduate law programmes for the next session. The application form is available online on the website of the ...Read more
Admission to the B.A./B.B.A LLB Hons. course at the Alliance University is strictly based on merit of Alliance Common Law Admissions Test(B.A./B.B.A LLB Hons). Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No.34 of 2010. The University is jointly recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Alliance University was named the Best Private University of the Year 2014 by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM) of India, New Delhi.
- A high score in CLAT/LSAT/ACLAT*
ACLAT 2016 Conducting Body
Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No. 34 of 2010. The University is jointly recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Alliance University was named the Best Private University of the Year 2014 by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM) of India, New Delhi. Alliance University is a renowned university of higher learning located on an extensive state-of-the-art campus in Bengaluru offering a variety of degree courses. The University has baccalaureate concentrations, postgraduate offerings, doctoral degree programs and several professional certificate programs. Alliance University aspires to be among the best universities in the world by the year 2025 through a series of strategically crafted moves, precisely calibrated action plans and an unwavering commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
ACLAT Contact Details
|Address||Alliance Ascent College, Alliance University 19th Cross, 7th Main, BTM 2nd Stage, N. S. Palya Bengaluru - 560076, Karnataka, India .|
|Phone no||+91 80 26786020 / 1 / 4 / 26789749 / 26781494|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) Who founded Alliance University?
Alliance University is a private university established in the city of Bangalore, India, set up in 2010 by Act No. 34 of the Karnataka State,the university was established under the aegis of Alliance Business School.
The university has been lauded as an esteemed university by the Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah.
2) Where is Alliance University located?
Alliance University campus is located on the Chandapura-Anekal main road, Bangalore. The city campus of the university is located in BTM Layout, Bangalore.
3) How do I get the application form for admission?
- Applicants are encouraged to Apply Online
- Download Application Form
The Application Form and Prospectus for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law (Honors) can be obtained from the Office of Admissions on payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rs.2,000/- for NRI and SAARC national applicants and US$50 for other foreign national applicants) in cash or through demand draft drawn in favour of "ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY" payable at Bengaluru.
4) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to Alliance University?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
5) How to Print ACLAT Application Form?
Candidates need to fill in the following details in order to print the ACLAT Application Form:-
- Registration No
- Date of Birth.
6) How to make payment of ACLAT application fee through Demand Draft (DD)?
- In order to pay the application fee of ACLAT, candidates need to make payment through Demand Draft in favor of “Alliance University " payable at Bengaluru .
- Applicants will have to procure demand draft from the bank, enter DD details in the space provided online and send along with printed application form at the below given address:
Office of Admissions
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University
Chandapura-Anekal Main Road
Anekal, Bengaluru – 562106
Mob.: +91 8667618548, +91 9880619618
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from last week of April onwards. You will have to log onto the ACLAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
8) I missed the last date for sending in my application. Can I still apply?
Sorry, we do not entertain any applications after the last date for submission.
9) What are the things to be brought to the exam centre by the candidate?
Candidate must bring the following things to the exam center:
- Admit Card
- Identification: Candidate should possess an original photo identification to appear for the exam. The name on the Identity proof should match with the name as entered for ACLAT registration. The photo identification could be a voter ID , Aadhar Card or a Passport. The identity proof should be an original, not a photocopy.
10) Who is eligible for the ALCAT?
10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST candidates).
11) What is the maximum age limit for the exam?
The age limit for ACLAT:-
- For General Category - 20 years.
- For SC / ST and Backward Communities - 22 years.
12) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
13) Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
The admission brochure will be available . However, please refer to the website regularly for updates and notifications.
14) Will my admission depend upon my percentage at 10+2 level / 12th / Senior Secondary level?
Your admission to the A high score in CLAT/LSAT/ACLAT course will solely depend upon your merit in entrance test examination.
15) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
16) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However you will have to produce your passing certificate at the time of admission and if you fulfill the prescribed eligibility you can take admission to the course.
17) For how long is the ACLAT score valid?
The ACLAT score is valid for just one year.
18) Is Alliance a recognized university? Is it recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)?
Alliance University is a private university established in the city of Bangalore, India, set up in 2010 by Act No. 34 of the Karnataka State,the university was established under the aegis of Alliance Business School.Alliance University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
The university has been lauded as an esteemed university by the Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah.
19) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for Alliance School of Law (Alliance University ) ?
Fee to be paid:-
- Total Amount Payable Rs 10,00,000/-(Indian Nationals (INR))
- Total Amount Payable:-Rs 12,00,000/-(NRI & SAARCNationals (INR))
- Total Amount Payable:- $23,000 (Other Foreign Nationals (USD))
- Demand Draft should be made in favour of “Alliance University School of Law” Payable at Bangalore.
- All costs associated with the International Exchange Programs such as travel, boarding, lodging, insurance, tuition fee (if applicable), and related expenses will be additional and shall be borne by the student.
- Candidates who wish to pay the fees in foreign currency can do so by remitting the foreign currency equivalent in INR based on exchange rate then prevailing.
- NRI fee is applicable for the full duration of the course for candidates who have pursued and completed their last qualifying exam from outside India and for candidates who have applied under NRI Category.
- All students are required to pay a refundable caution deposit of ?10,000/- along with the first instalment of tuition fees.
- All students are required to pay ?3,000/- towards the membership of Alliance Alumni Association and ?1,500/- towards the convocation fees along with the first instalment of tuition fees.
20) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
Scholarships are available to support full-time study at Alliance University for resident Indian nationals only. Each year Alliance University awards several scholarships in the form of fee remission to outstanding candidates
These scholarships of positive inclusive effort vary in value and have different criteria on which they are awarded.
21) What are the placement status?
The Internship and Placement (IP) Cell of the Alliance School of Law works round the year in building relationships and networking with legal professionals from across multiple sectors. The IP Cell is dedicated to advising, training and facilitating legal luminary interaction sessions for students, as well as, providing them with the latest information and opportunities on law internships and final placement opportunities.
The IP Cell constantly liaises with law firms and renowned legal practitioners to update prospective recruiters on the students' competencies, availability, background and interests to secure a commitment for campus placements even while it assists graduating students in securing positions in leading national and international law firms.
22) Does the University have state of art infrastructure?
Alliance University has magnificent infrastructure comparable to the best in the world. Some of the outstanding features include:
- State-of-the-art ambience created by the appropriate use of technology
- Spacious seminar halls with excellent acoustics for interactions with practitioners and other professionals
- Amphitheater classrooms
- An information technology backbone for seamless integration
- An excellent library with unmatched brilliance and aesthetics
- Halls of residence for students
- Residential accommodation for faculty and staff
- A food court built to the highest standards of hygiene
- Administrative block
- Departmental stores
- Fitness center
- Recreational facilities
- Healthcare center, and
- Many more features that provide a unique learning and living experience to all residents.
23) What are the Courses offered at Alliance School of Law ?
Below are the Programmes offered in Law:-
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) (5 years)
- B.Com., LL.B. (Hons.) (5 years).
24) What are Awards and Recognitions in Alliance School of Law?
- Recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi
- "GHRDC Law School Survey 2016" has ranked Alliance School of Law in the category of Promising Law Schools
- Eighth in Southern India
- Higher Education Review has recognised Alliance School of Law among "Educational Institutes of India (category-Law)".
25) Is there any transport facility provided?
Since this is a residential programme, care is taken to provide all amenities and facilities on campus. Besides this, there are shuttle services from the campus to the city at regular intervals that carry students to and fro from early morning till late in the night. PMPML buses are also there from Infosys circle to the city.
26) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place