Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam (AEEE- B.Tech) (AEEE- B.Tech - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AEEE- B.Tech 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AEEE- B.Tech 2017 News and Updates
Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam (AEEE) 2017 counselling call letter has been released. The counselling procedure will commence from June 9, 2017. Students clearing the AEEE 2017 can download the call letter from the official website. Please note that call letter will not be sent by postal ...Read more
Amrita University has announced the Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination’s (AEEE) results on May 5, 2017. Students who have appeared for Amrita University results 2017, can now check results on the official website. The call letter for counselling will be available on 10th May 2017. ...Read more
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham invites applications for its Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination (AEEE) on all India basis for admissions to the four-year specialised B.Tech programmes offered at its four campuses in Bengaluru, Amritapuri (Kollam), Vengal (Chennai) and Ettimadai (Coimbatore). The ...Read more
AEEE- B.Tech 2017
AMRITA UNIVERSITY is conducting its Amrita Entrance Examination-Engineering (AEEE), on an all India basis, for admission to various undergraduate B.Tech. programmes offered by the Amrita Schools of Engineering. It will be offered on all four campuses of the university: Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru, Coimbatore and Vengal (Chennai)**.
- B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech. in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B. Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
- B. Tech. in Chemical Engineering
- B. Tech. in Civil Engineering
AEEE- B.Tech 2017 Conducting Body
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. Amrita University was established by the renowned humanitarian leader, Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, who is also the Chancellor of the University.The University is spread across the following five campuses in three states of India: Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka, with the University headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. They are: Kerala: Amritapuri (Kollam) and Kochi Tamil Nadu: Coimbatore Karnataka: Bengaluru and Mysuru A new campus for School of Engineering is proposed at Vengal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
AEEE- B.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Amritanagar, Coimbatore - 641 112 Tamilnadu, India|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
AEEE- B.Tech FAQ
1) What is AEEE?
AEEE is AMRITA UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM for admission into 4 year B.Tech. Degree programs in engineering schools at Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore. It is conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham every year on an all India basis.
2) Is AEEE conducted all over India?
Amrita University Engineering Entrance Exam is a national level exam and is conducted in more than 75 cities across the country.
3) How to obtain the application form for AEEE?
The application form for AEEE can be obtained online or in person or by post. The application for can be obtained :-
- From the designated branches of post offices, Axis Bank, Karur Vyasa Bank, Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd and Federal Bank. The application form costs Rs. 1000/-.
- The application may also be downloaded from its official website, and then duly filled application form may be sent to the Admission Coordinators along with a recent passport size colored photograph, Signatures of the candidate and the parent/Guardian along with a DD of Rs.1000/- drawn in favor of Amrita School of Engineering, payable at Coimbatore.
4) Who conducts the AEEE?
AEEE is conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University.
5) How to apply online for AEEE?
The candidate may apply online through the University Website: http://aaps.amrita.edu/. The candidate should have:-
- A scanned recent colored passport sized photograph,
- Digitized signature of the candidate and the parent,
- Internet Banking Facility.
- The candidate should retain the printed copy of the application for future reference.
6) What is the application fee for AEEE?
The application fee for AEEE is approx Rs 1000/- which is non refundable.
7) When are the application forms available for AEEE?
The application forms for AEEE are available mostly in the month of December.
8) How to obtain the AEEE application form by post?
The AEEE application form can be obtained by post from the Admission Coordinators of Amrita Schools of Engineering by sending a written request. The candidate should clearly mention the name and full communication address and send a DD of Rs 1000/- , drawn in favor of Amrita School of Engineering, payable at Coimbatore.
9) What is the postal address for sending the filled in application form for AEEE?
The duly filled in application form may be posted at:
The Admission Coordinator, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,
Amritanagar post, Ettimadi, Coimbatore 641 112,
Ph: 0422- 2685169/170
10) When is the AEEE conducted?
AEEE is conducted mostly in the month of April.
11) How to re-login to complete the printing application using online?
A candidate can re-login using Email id / Application Number and Date of Birth.
12) Difficulty to re-login due to mistake in Email-id or Date of Birth. Help!
In case of such difficulty, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) with details like Name, Father’s Name, Mobile Number, etc.
13) Is it possible to change exam centre after submitting the application?
No,you are not allowed.
14) When will the Hall Ticket be generated?
Hall Ticket will be generated once the slot selection process is over.
15) Difficulty in downloading the Hall Ticket?
Contact email@example.com (link sends e-mail).
16) Based on the rank in a National or State entrance exam, can a candidate get direct admission in Amrita?
No. Only candidates who appeared for Amrita Entrance Exam are eligible for admission based on their rank.
17) What is the contact email address for collecting admission information about AEEE?
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
18) What are the eligibility criteria to apply for AEEE to get admission into Amrita University for B.Tech.?
To get into Amrita University for B.Tech., the candidate should have passed
- 10+ 2 that is XII with a minimum aggregate of 60%, having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. The candidate should not have less than 55 marks in each of these subjects. OR
- A three year engineering diploma with minimum 60% marks awarded by state board.
19) Is it possible to change exam mode (OMR to Online and vice versa) after submitting the application?
No,you are not allowed.
20) What is the procedure to get admission for B.Tech. in Amrita University ?
A candidate should have a pass in 10+2 ( class XII ) or its equivalent securing an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% marks in each of these three subjects. Those who appear for the above examination in March / April and expect to secure minimum marks as above may also apply. Age restrictions apply.
21) What is the duration for AEEE?
The duration for AEEE paper is 3 hours.
22) How is Amrita B.Tech.programme designed?
Choice based credit system with continuous evaluation is followed in semester pattern.
23) In XII class exam my average marks for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is above 60% but in one of the subjects the score is less than 55%. Can I attend the counselling?
No. You should get 55% or more separately in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each, together with 60% aggregate in these three subjects.
24) What is the paper pattern for AEEE?
There is only one paper in AEEE that consists of objective type questions in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Four options are given for every question of which only one is correct. Every question carries 3 marks. For every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted as negative marking. The question paper is in English.
25) What is the weightage given to every subject in AEEE?
There are 50 questions in Mathematics, 35 questions in Physics and 35 questions in chemistry. There are total 120 questions in the paper. Each question carries 3 marks so the paper contains a total of 360 marks questions.
26) Will there be negative marking in AEEE exam?
Yes,one mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect response.
27) What is upper age limit in AEEE M.Tech programmes?
Candidates shall be born on or after 1st July 1995.
28) When is the result for AEEE declared?
The results for AEEE are declared mostly in the month of May.
29) When is the Counseling for AEEE conducted?
The counseling for AEEE is conducted generally in the month of May after the declaration of results.
30) What are the B.Tech programs offered at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham?
The Engineering courses offered at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham are
- Civil Engineering,
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Computer Science & Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
- Electronics & Communication Engineering,
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
31) After admission, if one wants to withdraw from the programme, what about the refund of fees?
Refund will be given as per the regulations of the University.
32) How is the accrediation status of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham?
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956. The University is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. The University is accredited with the highest rating of “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2009 and Re-accredited with the highest rating of “A” Grade by NAAC 2014. The HRD Ministry’s Panel Report (2010) on Deemed Universities has graded Amrita in Category-I.
33) Is there any scholarship scheme for B.Tech. through AEEE from Amrita University?
Nearly 15% of the top ranked candidates who pass the qualifying examination from Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka are provided Scholarships. Scholarship is awarded to almost 300 students and is distributed branch wise.
34) How is the Engineering branch allotted to the candidate in the counseling?
Engineering branch is allotted to the candidate in the counseling according to the choice of the candidate as per the availability of seats at the time of the candidate’s counseling.
35) Is campus transfer possible after joining the B.Tech. programme in anyone of the Amrita campuses?
No. There is no provision for campus transfer.
36) What is faculty student ratio for the engineering programmes?
1 : 12 approximately ratio for the engineering programmes.
37) Where should I attend the counselling for B.Tech. admission?
You can attend the counselling in any one of the three campuses mentioned in Information Handbook at your convenience and opt any branch in any one of the four campuses according to the availability of seat at the time of your counselling.
38) How do I know the date of my counselling?
Counselling schedule will be published in the University website along with the rank list. Candidates shall find from the website their date and time of counselling.
39) At the time of counselling, is the presence of candidate compulsory?
Yes, the candidate along with his / her parent or guardian shall be present at the counselling desk.
40) At the time of counselling, is it enough to produce Photostat copies of the certificates?
Sorry. Original certificates are to be produced (See Section 11.1, Item (6) in Information Handbook) at the time of counselling.
41) Is Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham affiliated to any University for purpose of recognition of degrees?
No. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956. Being a University, the question of affiliation to another university does not arise. Since the university is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, the courses offered by Amrita University are recognized. The University is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council ( NAAC ) with ‘A’ Grade in 2009 and 2014. The HRD Ministry’s Panel Report (2010) on Deemed Universities has graded Amrita in Category ‘A’.
42) Which is the organizing body of Amrita University?
The Amrita University is a multi disciplinary research University and spread over its five campuses in states Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka. The University is organized by Mata Amritanandmayi Math. Mata Amritanandmayi Math is an international organization founded by Mata Amritanandmayi Devi in 1981. The Math is involved in different charitable efforts that include caring for poor people, Disaster relief and Scholarship programs for poor students etc.
43) How many students are presently studying in the University?
At present around 15,000 students are studying in the five campuses of the University in Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Management, Social work, Communication and so on.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place