Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (AP LAWCET - 2017)
How to Prepare
It is very important to have clear approach while preparing for the exam. One should keep themselves updated of all current affairs happening around the the World all through his preparation journey.
The trick is to understand that in BA LLB entrance test all subjects are equally important. An efficient preparation of English & Reasoning will prepare you for critical reasoning. You also need to practice legal reasoning in addition to English. Also, preparation of Mathematics (even though maths is not there in some BA LLB entrance test). You will also prepare for Analytical Reasoning (Puzzles, coding-decoding etc.) as skills require to master both these subjects are largely similar. The strategy should be to devote the maximum amount of time in mastering subjects with compound effect.
Do a lot of practice in GK as well. The inclusion of subjects like Static General Knowledge and Legal General Knowledge has made the test quite challenging. It is a usual that more importance must be given to subjects like Analytical, Logical and Legal Reasoning. Remember that GK (along with Legal GK) questions play a good role in scoring big and anyone having command over GK can not only score with ease but also with less time. For comprehension, one should practice reading a lot.
Another strategy for quickly improving scores is by solving as many Mocks as possible, and more importantly, giving enough time to yourself for analyzing these Mocks.
- Read daily newspaper for Current affairs and general awareness.
- Consistently practice model papers for reasoning questions.
- Prepare a timetable and allot time to subjects on the basis of priority and knowledge level
- Plan Time Management for the success of preparation.
|Step 1||Create Login Id|
|Step 2||Complete the Application Form|
|Step 3||Uploading Documents|
AP LAWCET 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AP LAWCET 2017 News and Updates
The State Council for Higher Education of Andhra Pradesh has released Andhra Pradesh LAWCET & EDCET 2017 results on May 8, 2017. Minister of HRD (State), Mr. Ganta Srinivasa Rao released the results. The government planned to release the results last week but delayed it by one week. Now, the ...Read more
The Andhra Pradesh government clarified that there will be no upper age limit for Andhra Pradesh LAWCET (AP LAWCET) 2017 examination. Earlier, Bar Council of India (BCI) announced that the upper age limit for the candidates applying for three-year LLB course is 30 and five-year LLB course is 20 ...Read more
Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU), Anantapur has released the official notification for Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test (AP LAWCET) 2017. The examination is conducted for the admission to three-year and five-year LLB course and two-year LLM course. SKU is the examination conducting ...Read more
AP LAWCET 2017
APLAWCET are the Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Tests for admission into 3 year LL.B / 5 Year BA LLB Courses in the Universities in Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated colleges. These tests are being conducted by Sri Venkateswara University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad.
- LL.B 3 Year Degree Course,
- L.L.B (B.A.L.L.B) 5 Year Degree Course.
AP LAWCET 2017 Conducting Body
Sri Venkateswara University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad conducts this Exam. Sri Krishnadevaraya University began as a Post-Graduate Center of Sri Venkateswara University in 1968. The Post Graduate Centre was given Autonomy in 1976 and was elevated to the status of a University in 1981. Initially, the University functioned as a unitary University and was conferred the status of affiliating University in 1987.
AP LAWCET Contact Details
|Address||Prof.S.Seshaiah Convener, APLAWCET University College of Sri Krishnadevaraya University Anantapuramu-515003 Anantapuramu(A.P.) India.|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
AP LAWCET FAQ
1) What is LAWCET ?
Law Common Entrance Test (LAWCET) is conducted by Sri Venkateswara University (SVU), Tirupati for taking admission to 3 years & 5 years Bachelor of Law (LL.B) programs for the academic year 2017.
2) How do I apply online for AP LAWCET ?
Candidates can apply online.
Application fee is:
- For AP LAWCET:Rs 450/-
- Application fee can be paid online or through debit/credit card.
3) What are the various modes of payment of registration fees for LAWCET ?
There are two modes of payment. The first mode is through AP Online and the other mode is through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking. The locations of AP Online Centers are given in the LAWCET website.
4) I did some mistake in filling the details in online application, then how to change?
You can contact the AP LAWCET Office or send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at Office Number- 08554-255055.
5) I have missed to take a print of my online application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
You can take a copy by typing the Registration number and Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket number and take a printout from the website by clicking “Print Your Filled In Application Form”.
6) Why have you gone for Online Application Form submission this year?
Online Application Form has many advantages. Completing an Online Application Form is easy and fast compared to the Printed Application Form and ICR/OMR sheet. The Online submission of the Application Form will reduce the whole processing time for a student such as standing in endless queues at Post Offices/ Banks / e-Seva / CSC to purchase Printed Application forms, take Demand Draft from bank, submission of completed Application form at the Regional Centers / LAWCET office. In addition to this, online system provides efficient & consistent Application tracking information and the ability to search the applications easily. The objective is to gradually make LAWCET a paper-free similar to AIEEE, GATE with an objective to “SAVE PAPER and SAVE ENVIRONMENT”.
7) How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the online application form?
On successful submission of the online application form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your mobile phone with the Registration number. Further, your “Filled in Online Application form” containing all the details uploaded from database and typed by you along with Registration number and Barcode will be displayed instantly.
8) What should I do with the “Filled in Application Form”?
You have to take a print and keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully. Use this Registration number for all future correspondence. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy of the “Filled in Online Application form” will be mailed to your e-mail address.
9) Should I upload my photograph and signature?
You need to upload the Photo (size < 30KB) and Signature (size < 15KB) as and when prompted by the system.
10) If I choose the Payment Gateway option, how do I submit the ONLINE Application form?
Before selecting the Debit / Credit card / Net Banking payment mode for Application and Registration fee, the candidate has to be ready with the required mandatory details. After payment, the ONLINE Application form will appear. Fill in all the mandatory details, read the declaration and SUBMIT.
11) Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No, Not Necessary.
12) After completing the ONLINE application process and generating printable Application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
No, after completing all the steps up to “Filled in Application Form” generation in ONLINE application process, you can only take print of the application form and cannot modify the data.
13) What if I don’t have an Email-id?
Email-id is not a mandatory detail but desirable as you might be intimated regularly important information about APLAWCET-2015 from time to time.
14) What if I don’t have a Mobile number?
Mobile number is a mandatory detail as your Transaction Id., Payment confirmation or any other future correspondence is through the correct Mobile number you enter. Hence, if you don’t have a Mobile number enter the mobile number of your parents / guardian or close relatives / friends whom you can trust.
15) My Registration No. is lost, whom should I contact?
If your Registration No. is lost, click the “Forgot Registration Number” contact APLAWCET- office. For more details visit CONTACT US on the website.
16) I have pressed the Back / Refresh / ANY button during the Registration Fee Payment through Debit / Credit Card, will that speed up my payment process?
Avoid using Back / Refresh / ANY other buttons during the Registration Fee Payment through Debit / Credit Card, this will not only hamper the whole process but also your submission will be incomplete. Hence, you are advised to have patience during the Online Payment through Bank.
17) What are the eligibility criteria for AP LAWCET ?
For 3 Year LL.B Program: Candidates should have appeared or passed any graduation (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized university with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the universities concerned.
If any candidate secured less than 45% in graduation he should have passed any additional graduation or post graduation with 45%.
For 5 Year LL.B Programs: Candidates should have appeared or passed 2 year intermediate examination (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks for any other examination recognized as equivalent by the university concerned or the board of intermediate education, A.P.
18) I obtained 44.99% - am I eligible (General category)?
Yes,Universities concerned. 44.99% or more shall be rounded off and treated as 45%.
19) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
20) Is it possible to change college or before after joining in a college?
Yes, it is possible to change college or course if there is a vacant seat in the next phase web counseling.
21) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
Yes,The qualifying Degree obtained by Distance Mode Program should have recognition by Joint Committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC/DEB.
22) I live outside Andhra Pradesh. Can I write the examination?
Candidates outside Andhra Pradesh can also write AP LAWCET Examination provided they satisfy the Eligibility Rules .
23) For how long is the AP LAWCET score valid?
The AP LAWCET score is valid for just one year.
24) I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQ’s, what should I do?
The candidate is advised to go through ALL details thoroughly on the official APICET website. Still if you do not find an answer to your question, contact the APICET office. You can also contact the Regional Centers or send an e-mail to the email@example.com or can contact on this number: 0891 - 2579797.
25) I qualified in AP LAWCET. What should I do now?
The candidates have to keep watching their local news papers for possible Admission Notifications released by the University. Students needs to have to apply to individual universities to appear for Counselling Session where they can choose their desired college and get admission.
26) What is Allotment Order?
Allotment order is a admission letter that contains all admission details about candidate who obtained a seat through AP ECET. To join into concerned college the candidate must have to submit printout of this receipt to the college management.
27) How To Download My Seat Allotment Order?
The provisional seat allotment order of candidates can be downloaded from official website after web counseling option entry.
28) What is counseling and web counseling?
The counseling is a process to verify original documents and details of qualified candidates to confirm that he/she has is genuine and not a fake. And web counseling is a online process to select candidates their desired institutes after certificate verification.
29) Who eligible to attend counseling?
Those candidates who successfully qualified APECET and get good merit rank they all can attend for certificate verification at nearest counseling center with required documents and printout of rank card, hall ticket downloaded from website.
30) Is Andhra University NAAC accredited?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Committee (NAAC) has awarded Andhra University an A-Grade with 3.6 score. AU stands second after Jadavpur University amongst state universities and fourth among all universities in the country with JNU and HCU leading the pack.
This is the third consecutive time that AU has received -Grade. On the whole, seven criteria were taken into consideration for the grading. However, it must be pointed out that AU's score did slip a notch in terms of points as it had previously scored 3.65 out of 4.
31) When and where does the certificate verification be held? What certificates should I carry?
Help Line Centers will be arranged for certificate verification. Around 50 help line centers will be arranged in the state. The details regarding dates for counseling and help line centers will be known once notification is released.
- Certificates to be carried for the verification are
- Tenth class pass certificate
- Intermediate Marks memo
- Transfer Certificate
- 6th class to Intermediate study certificates
- Income Certificate for Fee Reimbursement (only eligible candidates)
- Caste Certificate (BC, SC and ST candidates)
- Reservation certificates (CAP, PH, Sports candidates) .
32) Should I attend web counseling in my home district only?
There is no restriction that a candidate has to attend web counseling in his home district only. He/ She can attend anywhere in the state. There are around 50 Help Line Centers in the state for web counseling.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place