How to Prepare
E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) 2017 Question Paper Format
E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) 2017 News and Updates
IIHM e-CHAT was conducted on May 15th this year. On 24th May, International Institute of Hotel Management announced the result for IIHM eCHAT 2017. The exam is proposed by IIHM in collaboration with the Edexel. The first phase of the exam is known as eCHAT or Electronic Common Hotel Admission ...Read more
E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) 2017
The Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test (E-Chat) examination will be conducted by the International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM), Kolkata. E-CHAT is a unique Management Aptitude Test based on the state of the art Web technology and web solutions and will be availed by lakhs of students. The test is online and the aptitude report is quickly e-mailed back to students and the respective institutions. In Association with IIHM, Edexcel is organising E-CHAT - as an online platform for Common Hotel Admission Test for IIHM. IIHM proffers B.Sc in Hotel Management, Catering, and Tourism, recognized by UGC.
E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) 2017 Conducting Body
Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test (E-chat) examination will be conducted by the International Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata. International Institute of Hotel Management is a part of the IndiSmart Group, a large conglomerate that operates the IndiSmart Hotels and offers a wide range of services in the field of Hospitality Management Education Training & Consultancy in India and the South East Asia Founded in 1994. IIHM was the first collegiate program in the country offering discerning students the opportunity to be trained in globally recognised skills and earn an International Degree in Hospitality Management through its collaboration with The Edinburgh Napier University, UK and tie-up with University of West London, London.
E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) Contact Details
|Address||Kolkata Campus International Tower, X-1,8/3, Block-EP Sector -V Salt Lake Electronics complex, Kolkata-70009|
|Phone no||033) 2357-7663/64, 23574386/87|
E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) FAQ
1) What is the first step to apply for admission to Common Hotel Admission Test-E-Chat?
Download Application Form from www.iihm.ac.in or collect Prospectus & Application Form from IIHM Campuses on cash payment of Rs. 600/- or request by cheque /DD.
2) What is Admission Procedure ?
A pass in Class 12 examination or its equivalent with English as one of the Subjects. Those appearing in Class 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in E-CHAT followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview of the short listed candidates to be held at all major cities of the country.
3) I am unable to upload my documents. What should I do?
Please check if the documents you want to upload are in a PDF format. If not, please convert them to PDF files using a special conversion tool like CutePDF or PrimoPDF (also downloadable in Step 4 of the online application instructions).
4) I have forgotten my password that I had given during registration. What should I do?
You can retrieve your password using the ‘Oops! I forgot my password’ link provided on the login page. This password can be retrieved maximum twice.
5) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the IIHM, candidates are advised to take print outs of their Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
For offline: Submit the filled up application from(In Person or By Post) to the respective IIHM campus.
6) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
7) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
8) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
9) Is it absolutely necessary to register with an email id if one opts for online application?
YES. The email containing link to confirm your email-ID will only be sent to the registered email id. You should therefore use your personal email-id.
10) Is programme fee refundable?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this university. However, in case where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of registration fee through a/c payee cheque only.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) Program?
A pass in Class 12 examination or its equivalent with English as one of the Subjects. Those appearing in Class 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in E-CHAT followed by group discussion & Personal Interview.
12) What kind of rules are to be followed for the Hospitality Management Course?
Professionalism is stressed throughout the Hospitality Management Course; therefore, students are required to wear uniforms while in the campus as well as in labs as prescribed by the Institute.
13) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2017 .
14) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
15) Is there any age criteria for E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test)?
Upper age limit is 22 years as on 1st July, 2017.
16) For how long is the E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) score valid?
The E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) score is valid for just one year.
17) What about campus placement?
IIHM has PLACED more students than any other Indian Hotel School INTERNATIONALLY. Over 5000 IIHMites are placed in the last 21 years in the UK, Canada, Australia and USA. The ALUMNI of IIHM are employed in the TOPMOST positions in the best hotels of the World. IIHM recruiters include the best brands in the Global Hotel and Hospitality / Airline Industry like; Hyatt Group, Marriott, Taj Group, Le Meridien, Inter Continental, Oberoi Group, ITC Hotels, Hilton, Sheraton, Ramada, Park Hotel, Cable Beach Resort, Fairmont, Harbour View Hotels, Lasseters Hotel Casino, BA, Jet Airways, Emirates, Star Cruises, Caribbean Cruise Lines .
18) What are the Courses offered through E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test) ?
- BA in Hospitality Management
- B.Sc in Hotel Management,Catering & tourism
19) Is financial assistance available to students?
Yes. Indian students (landed immigrants) may apply for loan. We work with financial institutions that offer student loans to cover tuition fees or even living expenses. Please contact Admission office for detailed information.
20) Do I have to complete the programme within a fixed time limit?
Students are expected to make a commitment to the programme of study and complete it within the given time frame. As all the programmes are professional, 80 % attendance is required. Students can only be granted time for legitimate reasons such as medical and family emergencies.
21) If I am not an Indian resident, how do I apply for an Indian student visa?
International students need to apply for a study visa. You can apply for a study visa at your nearest Indian embassy abroad. Before you apply for a permit, you will need:
- A Formal Letter of Acceptance from International Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata. Students who are qualified to join the programme will receive their Formal Letter of Acceptance once they have submitted their programme fees in full.
- A valid passport.
- A temporary resident visa (depending on your country of origin).
- For more information on the specific requirements for a study permit, and to find out your country's specific requirements for a resident visa, please visit and contact Citizenship and Immigration Office.
22) I understand that the program fee has to be paid in full before I apply for my study visa. What will happen if my study visa is rejected?
In the unlikely event that the study visa application is rejected, the program fee is refundable (Excepting Rs 25,000/- as registration fee ) within 30 working days, after the college receives the written proof that the study visa has been rejected by the Indian Immigration Office.
23) What Degree will I receive upon completion of the programs.
- BA in Hospitality Management (University of west London,Uk)
- B.Sc in Hotel Management,Catering & tourism(University Grants Commission).
24) What type of living environment should I expect, if I live in the hostel?
Students have the option to live in the hostel in a regular room. In the hostel, students have amenities that include wi-fi high-speed internet, community television with cable TV, lounge with indoor sports facilities, phone facility for local calls, bathrooms and housekeeping services.
25) Can I start the programme at different times of the year?
Usually all programmes start in August every year. Please contact Admission Office for more details
X-1, 8/3, Block-EP, Sector –V, Salt Lake Electronics complex, Kolkata-700091
Telephone: (033) 2357-7663/64 ,FAX: (033)23577735
Mobile:+91 - 9831259413 / 14 / 16 / 18 , E-mail: email@example.com
B-2/70, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, Near Badarpur
Metro Station, New Delhi-110044
Telephone:(011)43204700/01, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91 - 9999538238 / 9873156558
SSK Chambers, 874/A,Krishna Temple Road, H.A.L 2nd Stage,
Indiranagar, Bangalore – 38
Mobile: +91 - 8892864965 / 9902885522 / 9591000011
Kalptaru Arcade S.No.206/3 Plot No. 16 Viman Nagar,
(Near Rosary School and lane behind Phoenix Market City Mall),
Pune 411 014, Maharashtra
Telephone:(020)67296200/204 ,E-mail: email@example.com
Mobile: +91- 8600147345 / 8600995715 / 8600995714 / 8600995713 / 8600995712
IIHM Hotel School - 30, Durga Vihar Durgapura
behind Mahindra Towers, Tonk Road, Dalda Factory Road - Jaipur 302018
Telephone:-(0141)2722497/2721497/2720497 ,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91 - 9785323334/ 9785014005/ 9785024006
IIHM Hotel School, Ashram Road, Usmanpura, Opp. Fortune Hotel Landmark,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Pin-380013
Telephone:(079)27562100 , E-mail: email@example.com
Mobile: +91 - 8128647013
Cyber Edifice, Plot C1, C2, C3, 1&2, SY No 6/1, Gachibowli Village, Adjacent
to Quiet lands (Gachibowli Flyover), Hyderabad, Pin - 500032
Telephone:(040)42219305/06 ,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91 - 8790415472 / 8341615104 / 9959282465.