How to Prepare
MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D. 2017 Question Paper Format
MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D. 2017 News and Updates
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Pharmacy was conducted today on 11th May 2017 at various centres across the country. The admissions to the degree level as well as diploma level pharmacy courses in the Maharashtra region colleges are done through the MHT-CET scores. The candidates who ...Read more
The Directorate of Technical Education, popularly known as DTE of Maharashtra has released the admit card for MHT-CET 2017 examination on April 24, 2017. MHT-CET 2017 is an entrance exam conducted DTE Maharashtra for the admission to B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Pharmacy/ Pharma.D courses. MHT-CET 2017 admit ...Read more
MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D. 2017
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test MHT-CET (PHARMACY & PHARM.D.) is popularly known as MHT CET (PHARMACY & PHARM.D.) exam. The exam is a state level test, conducted for the admission of candidates in various Professional Educational Institutions in the state of Maharashtra, for undergraduate PHARMACY courses. The Commissioner of State CET Cell has been designated as Competent Authority for conducting MHT-CET and selection of candidates for admission to PHARMACY courses for the current academic year.
Courses Offered -
MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D. 2017 Conducting Body
MHT CET is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra State. The Government of Maharashtra has established "ADMISSIONS REGULATING AUTHORITY AND STATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST CELL" as per the provisions of the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions & Fees) Act. 2015(Mah. Act No. XXVIII of 2015). The Commissioner of State CET Cell has been designated as Competent Authority for conducting MHT-CET and selection of candidates for admission to Under Graduate Degree courses in Pharmacy & Pharm.D. for the academic year. The role of the Directorate is to maintain, enhance the standard, quality of technical education by laying the policies, establishing developing Govt. Institutions, guiding supervising the aided, private institutions, interacting with industry and national level institutions, co-ordinating with other departments of State Government, Government of India Statutory Organisations and to contribute to the development of industry society at large.
MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D. Contact Details
|Address||Commissionerate, Common entrance Test Cell, Mumbai 305, Government Polytechnic Building, 49, Kherwadi, Ali Yawar Jung Marg, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400 051. (M.S.)|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D. FAQ
1) What’s the right attitude to have before the test?
Be excited yet relaxed. Being excited means you're feeling confident of what you have studied and can't wait to get to the exam hall and mark one right option after another. During the exam, its best to be calm and composed for you to perform at your peak efficiency. A small difference in your attitude can make a big difference to your performance.
2) Do I have to report to any CET office for Online registration?
No. Online Registration can be done from any place of convenience (including from home) using internet.
3) Do I require any documents to get registered Online?
No. You will only be required to fill the information in the online application form like birth-date, residential address, contact details like mobile no, email id etc and SSC mark details etc.
4) I get quite tensed before the test. Anything I can do?
There are few things parents have always said before any exam--"don't put too many books in your bag", "don't eat too much, you'll feel sleepy" and "don't take tension"--and although you may hate to admit it, there are absolutely right. These three tips can help you get in the right frame of mind.
5) Am I allowed to edit / make changes to the data filled online.
- Yes, you will be prompted to verify the data entered by you after you click "NEXT" on the registration form. You can view your complete data and should you want to make any changes, click on "BACK" button on the screen to make changes. Once you have submitted the data online, you may choose to "EDIT" the information. If you find that the data is correct, click "Upload Photograph & Signature". Please note that no change in the three name fields(Candidate's First Name, Father's / Husband's First Name, Last Name), Date of Birth, Email and Mobile No is possible.
- Once you have submitted the data, 'Edit Profile' link will appear after you login to the website using your unique application no. and password. Please note that no change in the three name fields(Candidate's First Name, Father's / Husband's First Name, Last Name), Date of Birth, Email and Mobile No is possible.
6) I have made an error in filling my first name / father's / husband's first name / last name / mother's first name / date of birth. What should I do?
You will be allowed to correct these errors by sending a letter to the competent authority, MHT-CET, Mumbai. This letter should be submitted before declaration of results and should be accompanied by SSC marksheet.
7) How do I get login credential (i.e. Application No. and Password) for logging in?
During the process of online registration you will generate your own password. After submission of registration form, system will generate Application No. Candidates are advised to keep the application no. and password confidential till the end of the process. Password is very important for participating in the Online Process. Sharing of password can result in its misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of genuine candidate from the online process.
8) If I forget my password that I have created during the process of registration, how to retrieve it?
To retrieve the forgotten password, system facilitates the following process: Click on Forgot Password. Candidate is required to enter details like MHT-CET Application No., Date of Birth and Mother's First Name as filled at the time of registration. The above data submitted by candidate will be validated with registered candidate's database. If the above entries match, only then the system will allow to create a new password.
9) When shall I receive the MHT-CET (PHARMACY & PHARM.D) Admit Card?
You can download your admit card from official website any time during April 25, - May 04.
10) Are there any restrictions on the file size for the photograph and signature?
Yes, the file size of the photograph should not be more than 50 KB and the signature file should also not be more than 50 KB.
11) When can I check & confirm my photo and signature before the admit card is generated?
On successfully registering for MHT-CET, you are required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature and the same is displayed on the Acknowledgement Form which will be available after you have made the payment at any of the SBI branch. Please note that full height photographs / portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application summarily rejected.
12) My certificates are not in English language, am I still eligible to apply for MHT- CET ?
Candidate whose certificates are not in English Hindi or Marathi language will need to produce authenticated Marathi or Hindi or English version of the same, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
13) What are the eligibility criteria?
All the candidates passed / appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT-CET.
14) If I have passed /appearing for (HSC)12th / Equivalent Examination from a School/Jr. College in Mumbai, how do I know if the ‘District of College’ falls under Mumbai or Mumbai Suburban.
If your School / Jr. College is situated anywhere between Colaba and Mahim or Colaba and Sion, then select Mumbai and if it is beyond Sion and Mahim, then select Mumbai Suburban.
15) Is there any negative marking?
No, there will not be any negative marking for wrong answers.
16) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
17) Is there any age limitations to apply for MHT-CET - PHARMACY & PHARM.D program?
There is no age limit for admission.
18) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator. Note that the on-screen timer will continue running during restroom breaks.
19) For how long do the MHT CET scores valid for admission?
MHT CET scores are valid for one year only.
20) How do I convert CGPA to percentage?
Please contact the principal of your school / junior college for the conversion formula.
21) What is important, Branch or College?
If you are clear about branch selection then college selection becomes secondary but if you are not sure about which branch to select or confused between 2 or 3 branches or ready to take up any branch then do give preference for good college (Good college means good CET score is required).
22) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
23) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
24) Can parents attend the counselling instead of the candidate?
For B.Sc Nursing Programme, it is mandatory that the candidate attends the counselling. However, if the candidate is unable to attend due to some genuine reason, we can permit parents to represent the candidate. In such a case, the candidate should give an authorization letter in favour of his/her parents. The decision taken by the parents is final and binding.
25) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
26) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
27) How does one select a college?
Students should select a college which offers an Integrated Program for Std. XI+XII + MHT-CET. Selecting such a college will help the students to synchronize his Std.XI, XII and MHT-CET. This avoids the unnecessary duplication of attending College and Classes separately and thus results in huge saving of time.
28) What are the criteria for reservation of seats in govt. colleges?
Reservation of seats for Maharashtra students in Government colleges:-
- 70% Home University seats reserved ( Based on MHT CET score).
- 30% other than Home University seats reserved ( Based on MHT CET score ).