National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)-Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of basic concepts from your school books
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an NCHMCT JEE Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering a maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Create Login ID/Download Applicatio...|
|Step 2||Complete the Application Form|
|Step 3||Upload Documents Photograph and Sig...|
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
NCHMCT JEE 2017 News and Updates
NCHMCT or National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology has published second round seat allotment results on June 21, 2017. The seat allotment result (Round 2) is available on the official website now. The candidates can have a look at the seat matrix here: - NCHM JEE 2017: Round ...Read more
The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology or NCHMCT released the counselling schedule for the candidates who qualified in NCHMCT JEE 2017 examination. The candidates who have been shortlisted by NCHMCT are eligible to take part in the counselling process. NCHMCT released the ...Read more
The results of National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) JEE 2017 examination are available on the official website now. For checking NCHMCT JEE 2017 results, the candidates will have to log in to the official portal. The candidates can check the result by signing in ...Read more
NCHMCT or National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology has released the hall ticket/ admit card for NCHM Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2017. The entrance exam will be conducted by NCHMCT on April 29, 2017. National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology also ...Read more
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) has released the exam dates of NCHMCT Joint Entrance Examination, popularly known as the NCHMCT JEE 2017. This prestigious hotel management entrance exam is scheduled to be held on 29th April 2017. Admissions to aspirants of ...Read more
NCHMCT JEE 2017
NCHMCT JEE All India Rank (AIR), on the basis of their performance in the most sought after National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT). National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is not issuing any category-wise ranks including General, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Public with Disabilities and Kashmiri Migrants. NCHMCT officials have confirmed that this year, as many as 25000 candidates have registered for the most coveted hotel management entrance exam, of which 7311 candidates appeared from Delhi exam centers.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Conducting Body
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) Conducted by National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology. National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The Council centrally run and regulates academics for B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration and nine other structured courses of study that are imparted at the affiliated 21 Central Institutes of Hotel Management, 19 State Government Institutes of Hotel Management, 01 Public Sector Undertaking and 14 Private Institutes of Hotel Management. Besides, 9 Food Craft Institutes located in different parts of the country, offer Diploma programs in core operational areas. All Institutes follow standardised course curricula prescribed by the Council for different professional programs. Quality of education and training provided by the Institutes help students to emerge as professionally qualified personnel for hospitality and other allied service sectors. The Council has till date trained more than 85,000 Hospitality Managers, Executives and other operational personnel. Its alumni from affiliated Institutes occupy key positions in the hospitality industry as well as in allied industry both in India and abroad.
NCHMCT JEE Contact Details
|Address||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Plot No A-34, Sector-62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201309, India|
|Phone no||1800 180 3151|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
NCHMCT JEE FAQ
1) What is NCHM JEE ?
NCHM Joint Entrance Exam (NCHM JEE ) is conducted by National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), Noida for taking for admission Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Hospitality and Hotel Administration program for this year academic session .
2) How to apply for NCHM JEE ?
- Candidates can apply online.
- Sale of Application Form and Information Brochure shall commence from affiliated Institutes, NCHMCT OFFICE, NOIDA.
3) Can I change my written test centre later on?
No, you can’t change Written Test Centre within a city. However, under exceptional circumstances, the institute may permit the change of centre if an applicant has valid reasons. In such case, the candidate will have to send an application with a valid reason to JEE Cell on or before 14.04.2017 along with non-refundable fees of Rs.1000/- through Demand Draft drawn in favour of NCHMCT, payable at Delhi/ Noida.
The National Council for Hotel Management reserves the right to reject such request in case the test centre is not in a position to accommodate any extra candidate.
4) Do I need to attest my photograph before appearing for NCHMCT JEE ?
Yes, candidates appearing for NCHMCT JEE will need to attest the photographs on the admit card by a Gazetted Officer or Head of the Institute/School from where the candidate has passed or is passing.
5) How, Where and by When to Send your completed Application form?
Duly completed Application Form should be sent to "JEE CELL" National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, A-34, Sector 62, Noida-201309" in the pre-addressed envelope by Registered Post / Speed Post . Ensure that the Application Form is not folded. (Application sent through private courier service will not be accepted). Applications mailed by Registered/Speed Post after last date shall also not be accepted. Application can also be submitted by hand at NCHMCT, NOIDA. The last date for receipt of Application Form is 14th April-2017.
6) If I missed to do online registration and choice filling during the given schedule, can I register afterwards during the Counselling?
Not permitted during the First and Second Round of Counselling, but a candidate can register afresh during Third Round (Spot) of Counselling for allotment of available .
7) In case I am placed in COMPARTMENT in 10+2 result of 2017, can I register for Counselling?
Yes, however candidate will have to submit an undertaking in the prescribed format at the time of admission stating that he/she will submit passing certificate of 10+2 latest by 30.09.2017 failing which his/her admission will stand cancelled and fees forfeited.
8) In case my result is not declared by the time of Counselling, can I register for Counselling?
Yes, however, candidate will have to submit an undertaking in the prescribed format at the time of admission stating that he/she will submit passing certificate of 10+2 latest by 30.09.2017 failing which his/her admission is liable to be cancelled and fees forfeited.
9) What are the eligibility criteria for NCHM JEE ?
- A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects.
- Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2017 on provisional basis.
- Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2017 .
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
10) What kind of rules are to be followed for the Hospitality Management Course?
Professionalism is stressed throughout the Hospitality Management Course; therefore, students are required to wear uniforms while in the campus as well as in labs as prescribed by the Institute.
11) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2017 .
12) Is there a Direct admission to Rank holders of 10+2 Students ?
Each IHMs shall have three seats earmark for 10+2 rank holders (one each for Arts, Science and Commerce stream) from among 1st to 200 rank holders from respective streams from recognized Boards of school examination wherein up to 2 lacs candidates appear or 1st to 500 rank holders from Board of Examination where 2 lacs to 5 lacs candidates take examination. The inter-se-merit from recognized School Boards of examination shall be at par.
13) What is the age limitation to apply for NCHM JEE ?
- The upper age limit for General and OBC students is 22 years as on July 1, 2017. Aspirants born on or after July 01, 1995 are eligible.
- For applicants from Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories, the upper age limit is 25 years. SC/ST candidates born on or after July 1, 1992 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for students having Physically Disabilities will be calculated as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC.
14) What are the eligibility criteria for Indian Students?
- Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects, result of which should be available upto 30.09.2017.
15) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
16) How I can know my category rank?
Not at this stage as allotment is based on AIR, Choices of Institute and Category.
17) Why PH/KM are not indicated in the result?
PH and KM is sub category, hence it would not be shown in the result but during online Counselling, you will be asked to indicate sub category as well.
18) What are the rules of seats reservation for NCHMCT JEE?
- 15% seats are reserved in Central and State Government Institutes of Hotel Management for students belonging to SC categories. And, 7.5% seats are reserved for ST applicants.
- 27% seats are reserved for admission in Central Govt. Institutes of Hotel Management for OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates, whose name is registered in Central Govt. OBC list for admission in Central Govt.
- Aspirants belonging to the creamy layer of OBC or whose name listed as OBC in the state Govt. list are NOT entitled to OBC reservation.
19) Is there any provision of reservation for Kashmiri migrants?
Each Central and State Government affiliated IHM will provide one seat (Supernumerary) for registered Kashmiri migrants for this session. Such applicants shall have to qualify the JEE .
20) Who is eligible for Counselling?
Candidate who got All India rank in JEE result is eligible for Counselling.
21) Where 100% of fee is permitted except the Counselling fee of Rs.1000/- only?
- Candidates who could not be allotted seat during first, second & Spot Round of Counselling.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat during first and second rounds of Counselling but withdraw on-line through the system as per schedule. (Schedule of withdrawal shall be given during Counselling).
22) Where 50% refunds of fee and full Caution Money is permitted except the Counselling fee of Rs.1000/- only.?
- Candidates who have been allotted seat during Ist, IInd & Spot Rounds of Counselling and could not withdraw through the system on-line only as at above and not even reported for admission at the allotted Institute.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat through Ist, IInd & Spot Rounds of Counselling and reported to the allotted Institute but did not attend any class as well as cancelled their seat through on-line.
23) Where only Caution Money is to be refunded?
Candidates who have been allotted seat during Ist, IInd & Spot Rounds of Counselling and reported to the allotted Institute and attended Classes.
24) Where shall I go for Counselling?
You can do it online through internet from anywhere as this is web based counselling.
25) Can I get any help of internet facility for Counselling from any IHM?
Yes, you can approach any of the Govt. IHMs for such facility.
26) Is it compulsory to submit OBC certificate in a prescribed format given in the brochure?
Yes, however, candidate can submit certificate issued by the competent authority in English/Hindi.
27) In case of Hostel allotment, where shall I deposit the Hostel fee?
You have to deposit Hostel fee at the allotted Institute. Details of hostel fee may be obtained from the allotted IHM.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place