How to Prepare
SET (General) 2017 Question Paper Format
SET (General) 2017 News and Updates
Symbiosis International University conducts various entrance examinations for undergraduate course admissions at its various affiliated colleges. SET General 2017 was successfully conducted today i.e. on 6th May 2017. Now, basis the score of the candidates in the SET General exam, they will be ...Read more
Indore based Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences invites applications for its Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) programme for the academic session starting from 2017. The University offers both short-term skill based courses and degree programs in high-growth sectors like Automobile, ...Read more
Symbiosis International University has released the notification for Symbiosis Entrance Test or SET 2017 for the admission to various undergraduate courses offered at Symbiosis University and its constituent institutions. The entrance examination will be carried out in offline mode, i.e., pen and ...Read more
SET (General) 2017
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) General is a common written test for the admission processes of undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University. SET all organizes different tests for departments like Design, General, Health Science, Law and Engineering. The admission will be carried out through open counseling, in which the candidate has to be physically present on the date of counseling along with his/her original certificates.
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.
- The test will be conducted in afternoon sessions.
- A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from the morning session and one paper from the afternoon session.
SET (General) 2017 Conducting Body
Symbiosis Entrance Test (General) Conducted by symbiosis international university. Symbiosis International University (SIU) is a private coeducational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It has been given official recognition by the UGC and the AICTE. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council has conferred an 'A' grade to the university. SIU is part of the Symbiosis Society, which is its managing body. The curriculum developed by the Institute lays a stress both on basics and latest developments. Realizing the fact that faculty is the most important resource, special efforts have been made to find, recruit and retain highly qualified and competent faculty.
SET (General) Contact Details
|Address||Symbiosis International University Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi Dist: Pune - 412115, India|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
SET (General) FAQ
1) How to Register For SET – 2017?
- A candidate can register for one paper from the morning session; viz, Law or Design and one paper from the afternoon session; viz, General or Engineering or Health Sciences Register at www.set-test.org
- This will generate your SET ID.For Engineering and Health Sciences, a candidate need not register for SET if he / she wishes to offer scores of entrance tests other than SET such as JEE(Main).
- Such candidates may apply directly to the preferred institute, this is also applicable for SSCA (Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts) score of NCHMCT-JEE is accepted
- You must to upload your latest scanned photograph (in the required format and size) at the time of online registration.
2) How to pay to Undergraduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University?
You may pay online/offline for admission to an undergraduate institute of the University. The feeis Rs. 1500/- per programme.Candidates have the option of paying through any one of the following five (5) payment
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH Paytm:
- ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH INDIAN BANK NET BANKING:
- DEMAND DRAFT.
3) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the SET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
5) I have received the SET ID & Password, what can I use it for?
You can use the SET ID /email and password to fill in the SET application form, view / print the admit card, check MyMail, modify personal details. If you apply to institutes which take SET scores, you should use your SET ID.
6) I could not register online for SET, since the following error message appeared – “Java Script Error”.
Please use Internet Explorer Ver 6.0 or above. Please note that the browsers like Mozilla firefox and Google chrome will also support the application.
7) I am unable to download the e-bulletin.
Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
8) I could not register online for SET, as I am not able to proceed after “I agree” in the terms and conditions page.
- Tools>>InternetOptions>>Security>>Custom Level. Scroll down until you see section labeled ‘Scripting’ Under ‘Active Scripting’,select ‘Enable’ and click OK. ”
- Click refresh and do the registration again.
9) My current address is valid only till March end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address in early April?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET ID /email and password.
10) I have registered online and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Congratulations on completing the first step to qualify for SET. You must have received an email of SET Payment confirmation after the authentication.
11) I registered online, but sent my DD without mentioning the SET ID. What do I do now?
Please send an email to email@example.com providing the DD number, bank on which it was drawn, your name, date of birth, phone number and email id. Mention “sent payment without SET ID ” in the subject line.
12) I filled up the form online and have taken the DD also. I do not have access to a printer to print the payment advice form. What do I do?
You need to fill in your details with your SET ID on a plain white sheet and send the DD along with it.
13) What is the eligibility criteria for SET General ?
- Candidates who have passed or expecting the result of their class 12th can apply for the SET.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks in class 12th by general category students and 45% aggregate marks by SC/ ST.
14) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
15) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
16) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12 th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
17) For how long is the SET General score valid?
The SET General score is valid for just one year.
18) What is/are the college/colleges covered for BBA under Set General examination?
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR].
19) What is the intake capacity of Symbiosis University for BBA ?
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune :-150 Seats
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NOIDA :- 90 Seats
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]:-
- Indian Students: 240 Seats
- International Students (Including NRI, PIO and OCI students): 60
- Total: 300 Seats.
20) What are the key provisions of Reservation Policy?
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sanctioned intake:-
- SC - 15 %
- ST – 7.5 %
- Differently Abled – 3 %
Over and above the intake
- Kashmir Migrants – 2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15 %
- Defence Quota – 5 % for SLS-PUNE,SICSR and SCMS-Pune.
- Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
- Candidates applying for Defence Quota other than above maintioned three institutes (SLSPune, SICSr and SCMS) will be considered as candidates in OPEN Category.
21) What about campus placement?
The Placement Cell is an integral part of our institute. Our placement cell has been immensely successful in creating and maintaining a good network across top notch companies in all sectors, thereby ensuring opportunities to students for recruitment with promising career options. The students registering for placements undergo extensive training ranging from career guidance to soft-skill building. This enhances students’ confidence thus helping them perform better at the time of recruitments. Since its inception, SCMS-Pune has seen the presence of many successful companies who have offered our students positions in major domains such as human resources, marketing, consultancy, advertising and finance. Some of the companies which periodically visit our campus for the purpose of offering campus recruitments to our students include KPMG, PWC, Zomato, Food Panda, JLL, UPS, Tresvista, IKYA Global, Grofers, Edelwiess, GPW, Iplace, etc. Our alumni through the years have brought laurels to SCMS with their decision making positions in various organizations.
22) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
23) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
24) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
25) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
26) What are university rules for attendance?
75% attendance is compulsory for all students pursuing regular courses of study.