- About Anna University Ph.D Admissions 2019
- Anna University Ph.D Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Anna University Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Anna University Ph.D Specialisations 2019
- How To Apply for Anna University Ph.D Admissions 2019?
- Documents Required for Anna University Ph.D Application Form 2019
- Anna University Ph.D Selection Process 2019
- Anna University Ph.D. Programme Fees 2019
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Anna University is one of the most famous universities of Tamil Nadu. It is a state university which was established in 1978. The main campus of Anna University is in Guindy, Chennai and it also has a satellite campus in the Chromepet district of Chennai.
This article is about the Anna University PhD admissions 2019. You will find all the significant information regarding Ph.D. Admissions at Anna University here. The important dates, eligibility criteria and selection process are explained in detail.
About Anna University Ph.D Admissions 2019
The Anna University Ph.D admissions are conducted twice a year i.e. January and July. For Ph.D admissions at Anna University, interested candidates will have to appear in a written test followed by personal interview. Anna University Ph.D admissions are conducted both in online and offline mode.
Anna University Ph.D Admissions 2019 Important Dates
Anna University has already started with its registration process for Ph.D admissions. Check out the Anna University Ph.D admissions 2019 important dates to keep a track of all the important events here:
Registration Start Date
15th February 2019
Registration Last Date
5th March 2019
Written Test and Interview Date
|To be Notified|
Commencement of the programme
Anna University Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria required for a candidate to appear for Anna University Ph.D admissions is given in detail below. Make sure you go through the detailed Anna University Ph.D eligibility 2019 carefully before applying for admissions.
- The candidate must have a masters degree or any other equivalent qualification which is recognized as equivalent up till that time in the fields of study that are notified from time to time by Anna University.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology from Anna University or any other equivalent qualification that is recognized as equivalent thereto in the fields of study with at least 15 years of R&D experience in National Research Laboratories or Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). He/she must also have at least three (3) publications in the referred impact factor journals or two (2) approved international patents in the last five years.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks or a CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale in the main qualifying examination if he/she belongs to the unreserved category.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories need to have at least 50% marks or a CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale.
- The previous two points will not apply if the qualifying degree of the candidate is M.S (By Research) of Anna University or recognized equivalent to it.
Educational Qualifications for Anna University Ph.D. Admissions 2019
Apart from the general eligibility criteria mentioned above, the candidates need to further have appropriate educational qualifications to sit for the Anna University Ph.D. Admissions 2019. The educational qualification required for each Ph.D. programme is listed below.
Qualification for Admission
Ph.D in Engineering/ Technology
Ph.D in Architecture and Planning
Ph.D in Science and Humanities
Ph.D in Management Sciences
Anna University Ph.D Specialisations 2019
Anna University offers Ph.D specialisation in various disciplines. All the specialisations have different eligibility criteria and selection process. Listed below are the Anna University Ph.D specialisations 2019 along with their minimum and maximum duration.
Minimum Duration (in Years)
Maximum Duration (in Years)
Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and Planning
Full time: 2
Full time: 6
a) Full time: 2
b) Full time: 3
Full time: 6
Arts and Humanities
Full time: 3
Full time: 6
Please note that the candidates whose M.Phil degree is related to the proposed Ph.D. field of research, will have their minimum duration of the programme reduced by one year.
Also Read: Hike in Ph.D. Research Activities Fees of Anna University by 25%
How To Apply for Anna University Ph.D Admissions 2019?
Given below is the step-by-step process to apply for Anna University Ph.D admissions 2019. Candidates can apply in the online mode by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of Anna University.
- You will find the option to apply for the Ph.D. programme for the July session of 2019.
- Fill in all the details carefully.
- Provide a valid and active email id and mobile number.
- Make sure you fill all the details correctly. After you have done that, make the payment through debit or credit card.
- Take the print out of the application after you have finished paying.
- You will not be allowed to edit the application after taking its print out.
- The consent from a recognized supervisor belonging to a recognized department of Anna University is compulsory for the application to be considered for Ph.D. programmes.
- The filled in print out of the application must be sent to the address mentioned below along with the other necessary documents.
The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai - 600 025
Documents Required for Anna University Ph.D Application Form 2019
The following documents need to be enclosed with the Anna University Ph.D application form 2019:
- Photocopies of the mark sheets of 10th, 12th, under graduation, post graduation, and degree certificates.
- Photocopies of Appointment Order, Service Certificate, Joining Report and NOC from employer (in case of part-time).
- Photocopy of community service (if it is applicable)
- The candidates who have obtained degrees which are not by the regular mode will have to apply for Course Equivalence to the Director of Academic Courses, Anna University. All the photocopies of mark sheets, curriculum, syllabi of the courses, certificates etc. will have to be attached while applying.
- The candidate has to produce a short one (1) page write up on the Research topic which is chosen and signed by the Supervisor, Joint Supervisor and the candidate.
Note: The SC/ST candidates applying for full-time Ph.D will have to produce their original community certificate at the time of admission if they wish to claim exemption of tuition fees.
Anna University Ph.D Selection Process 2019
The Anna University Ph.D selection process of 2019 is done considering various factors. Check out all the important conditions/ factors taken into consideration for selection of the candidate to Ph.D course at Anna University below:
- The selection committee of Anna University scrutinizes the applications and shortlists the eligible candidates as per the norms decided by the university. The shortlisted candidates are then called by the selection committee for Written Test which is followed by an Interview.
- The candidates are selected based on the qualifying degree, experience, written test, interview and publications in Journal or Conference or Symposium.
- The candidates who are qualified in NET / SLET or any other National Level Eligibility Test and those who have been awarded the INSPIRE Fellowship of DST, Rajiv Gandhi and Maulana Azad Fellowships of UGC or fellowships similar to them awarded by statutory bodies of the government of India are exempted from written test. They will only have to appear for the interview for the Ph.D programme.
- The cut off marks for the selection shall be fixed as 50 out of 100.
Anna University Ph.D. Programme Fees 2019
The fees of the Ph.D. course of Anna University for the year 2019 is explained in detail below
Full Time (Rs.)
One Time Fees
Cost of Regulations Book
Payable Every Semester
University Library Fee
Departmental Development Fee
Research Coordination Fees
Note*- No hostel accommodation is provided to the students.
Apart from this, the Synopsis Fee of Rs. 6,500/- including Provisional Certificate and Degree Certificate fee, will have to be paid at the time of submission of Synopsis.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho, for more news and updates!