Al-Ameen Medical College is situated in Bijapur in Karnataka state of India. Established in 1984, it is accredited from MCI and it is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. AAMC, Bijapur offers 19 courses across 3 streams namely Medical, Paramedical, Pharmacy and across 4 degrees like MBBS, MD, MS (Surgery), Diploma. AAMC campus is spread over 200 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Academic Zone, Auditorium, Canteen, Gym, Hospital, Library, Sports, Grounds, Swimming Pool, Trans. are also there.
- Academic Zone
- Swimming Pool
- Badminton Court
- TT Room
- Volleyball Ground
Awards and Rankings
- Dr. Kusal K. Das, Professor of Physiology, Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka has been awarded “COPE International Scholarship 2012” by Committee on Publication Ethics, London, UK to attend and present paper in “COPE European Seminar 2012” on 16th March 2012 in London. This prestigious British Award is given to two medical Journal editors from developing countries in the world. Dr.Das is the only recipient of this award from Indian in the year 2012.
- Dr.Kusal K.Das, Professor of Physiology, Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur Karnataka has been Awarded “C.R.Krishnamurthy Memorial Oration Award 2011” by the IABMS, University of Madras, India (Nov 2011)
- Dr.Kusal K.Das, Professor of Physiology, Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka has been Awarded “Prof.S.R.Maitra Memorial Oration -2010”by the Physiological Society of India (June 2011)
- Dr. Bilal Bin Abdullah,Professor of HOD of Medicine is selected to receive “Bharat Shiksha Award” on 15th Feb.2013 which is based on Bio-Data and research achievements from Global Achievers Foundation (G.A.F) Delhi at Culcutta.
- Dr. B.S. Patil, Dean, Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur & Professor of Medicine has been conferred “Fellow of Indian College of Physicians” (FICP) by the Association of Physician of India in the year 2012 in Calcutta.
- Dr.Kusal K.Das, Professor of Physiology, Al Ameen Medical College, Bijapur has been awarded “C.R.Krishnamurthy Memorial Oration 2011”by Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists, University of Madras for the year 2011.
- Dr.Kusal K.Das, Professor of Physiology, Al Ameen Medical College, Bijapur has been awarded “Prof.S.R.Maitra Memorial Oration Award 2010”by The Physiological Society of India, Calcutta
- Dr. Swati N. Tikare has received has received “Prof. B. B. Sarkar Memorial Research Prize-2008” by the Physiological Society of India in 20th Annual Conference of Physiological Society of India on published paper in the indexed journal entitled “Effect of antioxidants L-ascorbic acid and α-tocopherol supplementation in nickel exposed hyperglycemic rats.”
Contact Details of Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
Address:Al Ameen Medical College, Athani Road, Bijapur-586 108, Karnataka, India