Beltola College - BC Guwahati - BC
The Beltola College in its initial stage was managed by a Sponsoring Committee which was a registered society under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 No. 1467 of 1981, 1982 and the College had been functioning in the Ganesh Mandir Vidyalaya, Khanapara. Since 1988, the management of the College has entrusted to the Governing Body constituted by the Govt. of Asssam.The Beltola College came into existence in 1983 with the opening of P.U. Arts Stream after obtaining formal permission from the Gauhati University and required concurrence from the Govt. of Assam. After the establishment of Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council, necessary permission was obtained in order to conduct the H.S. classes. The Sponsoring Committee applied to the Gauhati University for granting permission for holding T.D.C. Arts classes from the academic session 1985. However, the Affiliation Committee of G.U. vide Resolution No. 109/6/87(6) dated 28/03/87 refused permission till the Sponsoring Committee make an alternative arrangement of the land for the college. Fortunately, the Govt of Assam allocated a plot of land measuring 4 Bighas 2 Kathas vide Govt. Order No. Rs. 590/90/11, dated 28/08/90 in Village Maidam, Daag No. 463, Mauza Beltola. Hence, the Beltola College was shifted to its own land on August 1990. The present Beltola College (Degree College) is functioning in a semi-permanent house constructed in its own land. Later on, the college has obtained a Tribal Belt Certificate by the Govt. of Assam. The College is situated near Assam-Meghalaya Border Area. So we have been provided a Border Area Certificate.Beltola College was established in 1983.