Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC)
Symbiosis International University offers medical facilities for all its students and teaching and non-teaching staff through Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC). SCHC was established in 1997 with the mission of addressing the healthcare needs, primarily of the students & staff of Symbiosis, envisioning a state of ‘Positive Health’ in them. It is the “In-house Health Care Unit” of Symbiosis which provides preventive, promotive and curative health care services. The healthcare services are rendered to students & staff through standardized healthcare setups and quality NABL accredited lab services.
The following primary health care services are provided by the Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC):
PROMOTIVE HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
- Access to state-of-the-art recreational and wellness centres at all campuses which include gymnasium, aerobics studio, swimming pools, and yogashala with meditation halls.
- Health awareness lectures on various healthcare related issues.
- Online counseling on health, diet and lifestyle related issues.
- Campus Health Advisory Committee (CHAC) established at each campus reviews the student communications strategy for evaluating health care services, health care policies and makes recommendations to the management on aspects relating to health care facilities.
PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
- Annual health check-up of the students of Symbiosis is conducted and a detailed record is maintained electronically on web based, HIPAA compliant software and hosted on Microsoft Azure Cloud in Asian data centre. Consultants/ Specialists from different disciplines (Physician, Ophthalmologist, ENT specialist & Dentist) conduct the Annual Health Check-up including Lab investigations (Haemogram & Urine examination).
- Inspection of campus & eating establishments on campus.
CURATIVE HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
- A health centre with a full time medical officer and nurse is available at all campuses. An ambulance is stationed at Lavale Hilltop campus considering the location of the campus and nearby hospitals. At other campuses in Pune and outstation campuses such as Nashik, Noida, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, 108 (Emergency number of concerned state) number is dialed for ambulance services. Patients needing specialized care are referred to or shifted to local hospitals without loss of time. This is critical for parents to feel confident that their children are secure and safe.
- Outpatient Department (OPD) services including Emergency Medical Services (EMS) phone number for medical assistance is prominently displayed at all institutes and hostels. The EMS & Insurance Cell number is also printed on the identity cards issued to students, faculty and staff.
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Convo. Hall
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
Students Activities & Clubs
DebSoc the debating societyPic-Click
Pic-Click the photography clubEntrepreneurship Cell
In 2013, the Entrepreneurship Cell at Symbiosis School of Economics was set up. This is a completely student run club started by the B.Sc. and M.sc. students together.
The opening event of this club , “Meet the Entrepreneur” took place in early October. Mr.Anurag Srivastava , a successful entrepreneur from Singapore came down and spoke to us. He studied at IIT-Kanpur , and has worked for 4 software companies eventually opening up his own – Architecture , Animation , Venture Capital and now Social Enterprise , this event made it possible for us to communicate with him on a completely informal platform.
He spoke to us about everything , simplifying complicated jargon and telling us about his experiences and achievements.
The E-cell plans to put up a lot more events this year , which will give students a productive way of expressing themselves , as well as inspiring them to be Entrepreneurs themselves.Food Club
Club Head: Harsh Kedia
As the name suggests, the club delivers a culinary angle to it. The concept of the club is simple: to eat, learn and cook, all at the same time. There are a plethora of activities throughout the year such as stalls and outdoor expeditions to restaurants and much more. Recently, the Club put up a stall in college named ” Cakes and Bakes” wherein it sold cupcakes and brownies to the larger audience. Everyone relished it and gave a positive review. Food Club has also introduced the initiative of inter-club collaborations. It donated the funds of the cupcakes stall to an NGO, as a humane gesture. The club is also targeting to put up many stalls, both inside and outside of college. It would also be conducting events such as “Hogathon” and workshops for the upcoming annual fest. Regardless of what the activities would be, the chance to learn and make under the same roof would surely excite anyone to join this club. Bon Appetit!Streetlights
Club Head: Abhishek Mukherjee
“ Theatre is a mirror – A sharp reflection of the society ”
Theatres are almost as old as humans themselves. And when you do something for so many centuries, you get pretty good at it; ‘Streetlights’ proves that right.
Over the course of time, dramas have changed with the continuously evolving society. And ‘Streetlights’ keeps pace with the time. With a special message in everything they do, they perform it with perfection and a personal touch. For that, ‘Streetlights’ keeps regular practices for honing all kinds of skills required. From getting over one’s stage fright, to delivering dialogues with crystal clear voice, everything is helped with. They work as a unit to improve and improvise. They also collaborate with many other clubs to give a truly inspirational performance. ‘Streetlights’ helps you find and understand yourself better. Just like a mirror, they show you who you are, but also, who you can be.Epilogue
Club Head: Aindrila Chakraborty
Not every college has one. Not every college values one. We at SSE are fortunate enough to have a platform in the form of this club where our thoughts can take shape through discussions and our imaginations can find words. From logical and factual journalistic writings to creative writings where emotions can be explicitly expressed, from jamming sessions, debates and focussed group discussions to elocutions and poetry slams, the club has it all. To sum it up, it provides a platform to open the closed windows of our minds and hearts, helping us voice our opinions and articulate our thoughts.
Literature does not need to be reckoned from a particular point and its end is infinite. literature does not have a well defined boundary, no restrictions, no end. It leaves you with an eternal continuation, to think and ask for more and the very name of the club ‘epilogue’ suggests so.MUN Club
Club Head: Anirvan Mukherjee
The MUN club at SSE has been highly committed to providing platform to ponder upon agendas of international importance, diplomacy, trade blocks, the functioning of the United Nations, global crises and much more. The club principally organizes trips to the oldest and prestigious Model United Nation Conferences across the country. The MUN club at Symbiosis School of Economics has sent participants to VIT MUN Chennai, Rotary Indian International Model United Nation, Pune Model United Nation and other renowned MUNs. Also, the club has organized a MUN an Intra college MUN in the year 2014-15.
The club aims at participating in maximum MUNs of India each year and develop the skill of public speaking, leadership, diplomacy, the analytical thinking among its students while conspiring with other individuals.Samarpan
Club Head: Puneet Sahanpal
Samarpan is the social club of SSE. It has tie up with national NGO Aikarthya, Collaboration with another national NGO bloodconnect.
Has recently collaborated with two local centres -Sparsh Balgram (hiv infected kids) and Saheli( prostitute kids). The club intends to teach construction workers. Voluteers from our college are free to join in any time and work for a social cause.Ragga
Club Head: Mihir Mahajan
Raaga is the music club of SSE. It the club for people to interact through the sound of music. We have students from all over the country and raaga is a platform for them To freely express their own style of music. We also focus on the western/classical musical theory along the practical implementation on various intruments.
Raaga emphasizes on teaching the fellow students on staff notations as its essentials for every musician to know how to learn the language of music.
The club has sent students for fest’s such as Malhar, Sympulse, MoodI , Symagine, Symbhav, Transcend and many more. Our recent college event was almost famous which is the western solo singing and Woodstock which was the battle of the bands during the college fest ‘laissez faire 2015’.In - Sync
Club Head: Vitasta Kaul
A club dedicated to the freedom and joy that the art of dance brings in. It is a space where students are free to express themselves in whichever direction the rhythm takes them. The aim of the club is to spread the sound, sense and feel of dance across as many students at SSE and to create a team of dancers who not only perform dance, but live it. This club provides a platform for students who are passionate about the art and who are also looking to excel in fields which are non-academic in nature. Dance events hold great importance in all the major college fests that happen in India. We will ensure that our college is represented in as many fests as possible, and the students get the recognition they deserve. In Sync guarantees tremendous growth, both physically and mentally, but most importantly it guarantees a lot of fun and a big bundle of memories that you will cherish forever.
|Sigree Global Grill (Restaurant)|
|Hotel Vaishali (Restaurant)|
|Courtyard Pune City Centre (Night Club)|
|Mainland China (Restaurant)|
|Curry on the Roof (Restaurant)|
|Alka Theatre (Movie Theater)|
|Anand Veg (Restaurant)|
|INOX Leisure (Movie Theater)|
|Jehangir Hospital (Hospital)|
|Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital (Hospital)|
|Ruby Hall Clinic (Hospital)|
|Cotton King (Clothing Store)|
|Westside (Clothing Store)|
|The Raymond Shop (Clothing Store)|
|National Institute of Ophthalmology (Hospital)|
|Either Or (Clothing Store)|
|IDBI Bank (Bank)|
|Corporation Bank (Bank)|
|Bank of India (Bank)|
Chat with current students of SSE Pune
23 Jun, 03:33 AMshradha wanjari
please tell me the fees structure for b.sc in economics
18 Apr, 11:49 AMsai Krishna Reddy
I want to ask some questions
26 Oct, 12:42 AMHoney Singh
- Provisional admission will be given in the hostel based on academic performance in the previous semester.
- Students should apply one month before the last working day of the previous semester for hostel accommodation.
- Application form with attached one stamp size and one passport size photograph will be submitted to the Campus Administrator or Warden for hostel accommodation.
- Admission form for hostel accommodation has to be endorsed by the Director and Rector.
- Admission in the hostel will be provisional subject to Allowed to Keep Term (ATKT) Rule. Room inventory Form to be filled during check-in and check-out by the students in the hostel.