Dinabandhu Andrews College - DAC Kolkata - DAC
The Dinabandhu Andrews College was established in the year 1956 as per decision of Government of India [Government of India letter No. BH-5(5)/55-Genl., dated 07.01.1956] to sanction the establishment of 5 new colleges on a sponsored basis for the education mainly of displaced students from East Pakinstan, now Bangladesh, at Jadavpur, Baisnabghata, Narkeldanga, Dum Dum and Bon-Hooghly.
The college at Baisnabghata, Garia came to its existence in 1956 under the scheme of Government of West Bengal titled ‘Scheme for setting up new colleges to relieve congestion in the existing colleges in Calcutta’ as per Government of West Bengal Order No. 7805-Edn., dated 24/25th July, 1956 with affiliation in the then ‘Intermediate’ and Degree Courses both in arts and Science.
The Dinabandhu Andrews College started discharging its educational responsibilities in the building of Garia Baroda Prasad High School situate on Garia Station Road until its own building started taking shape within a very short time.
Dinabandhu Andrews College provides placement assistance to all its students. The dedicated placement cell regularly conducts grooming sessions of the students in areas like soft skills, interview facing skills, behavioral skills hereby making them industry-fit. In the recent years the college has witnessed some well known recruitment companies walking-in and being invited for campus placements.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place