Admission Open for session 2019
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), an autonomous and not-for-profit institute, set up in 1983, is sponsored by apex financial institutions - the IDBI Bank Ltd., IFCI Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd. and the State Bank of India (SBI). The Government of Gujarat pledged 23 acres of land on which stands the majestic and sprawling EDII campus.
To pursue its mission, EDII has helped set up 12 state-level exclusive Entrepreneurship Development Centres and Institutes. One of the satisfying achievements, however, was taking entrepreneurship to a large number of schools, colleges, science and technology institutions and management schools in several states by including entrepreneurship inputs in their curricula. In view of EDII’s expertise in entrepreneurship, the University Grants Commission had also assigned EDII the task of developing curriculum on entrepreneurship and the Gujarat Textbook Board assigned to it the task of developing textbooks on entrepreneurship for 11th and 12th standards.
In order to broaden the frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, EDII has established a Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CREED), to investigate into a range of issues surrounding small and medium enterprise sector, and establish a network of researchers and trainers by conducting a biennial seminar on entrepreneurship education and research.
In the international arena, efforts to develop entrepreneurship by way of sharing resources and organising training programmes, have helped EDII earn accolades and support from the World Bank, Commonwealth Secretariat, UNIDO, ILO, FNSt, British Council, Ford Foundation, European Union, ASEAN Secretariat and several other renowned agencies.
The Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India assigned to EDII the task of setting up Entrepreneurship Development Centers in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam and Uzbekistan. Five such centres in African region will be established very soon.
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Cultural zone
- Girls Hostel
- Cls. Room
- Residential Faculty Zone
- Conference Room
EDII, Ahmedabad Placement
Social Enterprise Creation
EDII students are groomed to become successful leaders to launch social ventures in a way that they can generate impact, seed first generation social entrepreneurs in last mile communities, and also catalyze the influence and resources of business, government and facilitating institutions towards fostering an economic ...
Interested in this college?
Awards and Rankings
- EDII was awarded Platinum rating as per AICTE CII Survey of Industry Linked Technical Institutes 2018.
- EDII bags the Excellent Institute for Entrepreneurship Development in India Award during the 11th National Education Summit 2017
- EDII bags IFC – Times Network Strategy Award 2017
- EDII wins International Mercury Award 2016-17
- EDII, the only institute from the Central Region in 'AICTE-CII Best Industry Linked Technical Institute in India 2013'
- EDII among first Top 25 Entrepreneurship Schools in India
- EDII among top 50 Management Schools of the country
- Awarded the prestigious Aga Khan Award for the Best Architecture in the year 1992 and adjudged to be a place with an inviting environment for work, interaction and repose by the award jury.
Other Popular Management Colleges in Ahmedabad View All
Top 10 Management Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad
Contact No:+91-7923969151 , +91-9825528918
Address:Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India P.O. Bhat 382 428, Dist. Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.