- National Institute of Cooperative Management Gandhinagar, is promoted by Gujarat State Cooperative Bank Ltd. in 1995 with the objective of providing management education, training, research and consultancy support to the corporate world as well as to the co-operatives and rural development organizations in India.
- It is noteworthy to mention that during the span of one decade only, the institute has achieved several milestones and it has been recognized as one of the eminent institutes of higher education and ranked one among the top five self financed B-Schools in Gujarat State.
- The post graduate center at NICM have been renamed as Shri Jairambhai Patel Institute of Business Management from 2008-09.
- NICM Trust is founded by the Gujarat State Cooperative Bank Ltd. In order to make the management of cooperative organizations more professional, it calls for matching the specific but unmet needs of the sector with the formal techniques and skills of management profession.
- Linking the two are the ‘leaders and managers’ prepared by SJPI through its two-years full time MBA programme and Management Development Programmes (MDPs).
- Over the years NICM has provided management training, support and research facilities to students committed to rural development and in this process it has brought within its ambit several co-operatives, non-government organizations, government development agencies, international development organizations and funding agencies.
- SJPI is renowned for its world class infrastructure, excellent learning environment, quality and all-round edification through its multifaceted teaching-learning methodology, dynamic placement support through its placement cell etc.
- While its B-School is consistently ranked among the top B-schools in Gujarat, besides conducting two year full time MBA programme, approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India and affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, the institute has already established the Centre for Research for Ph.D. in the fields of Management, Commerce, Cooperation and Communication.
- The institute has also established a Centre of the Society for Creation of Opportunity through Proficiency in English (SCOPE) approved by Government of Gujarat; Agriculture Cooperative Staff Training Institute (ACSTI) accredited by NABARD; Centre for Professional Excellence in Cooperatives (C-PEC), accredited by Bankers’ Institute of Rural Development, Lucknow and Centre for Management Development, Research & Consultancy.
- SJPI has extensive collaborative arrangements with leading institutions and universities countrywide.
- NICM – SJPI Campus is located at entry point of Gandhinagar city which is about 30 km from Ahmedabad.
- It is conveniently placed in terms of accessibility to a large number of academic and development institutions; the more important of these are IIT, NID, NIFT, DAIICT, Gujarat Central University, NIRMA University, Pandit Dindayal Petroleum University, Forensic University, Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geological Research, Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management, National Law University, Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya University etc.
- The Institute’s campus is spread over a landscaped twenty five acre site adjacent to the Infocity and BISAG.
- The campus is fully residential equipped with students’ hostels, mess, lecture halls, seminar rooms, library, faculty and administrative offices, auditorium, executive training and development centre, faculty and staff housing quarters and other support facilities.
- SJPI – NICM is the preferred destination for students, faculty and recruiters.
- The experienced faculties who have proven themselves in their respective fields provides an excellent blend of rigor and relevance in their teaching.
- The support staff who are ever ready to reach out is an asset of NICM.
- Robust industry interaction and research aimed at solving problems of real work reflects the true identity of NICM.
- SJPI-NICM has an exemplary track record in career counseling and placement facilitation – combined to provide a rare synergy that transcends artificial barriers and enables students to follow their hearts with passion and confidence.
NICM-SJPI Pictures & Videos
NICM-SJPI Vision and Mission
Vision Vision of the institute is to create professional manpower relevant to management and cooperation specialization. The institute strives to provide innovative educational services of high quality to enrich students’ learning, create employability through skill enhancement and entrepreneurial abilities and an impacting personality in the students. The institute is keen towards ...
Awards & Rankings
Student Achievements :
- Spectrum ( Som Lalit ) - Bplan – 3rd Prize
- Agrim (RBIM) – AD-MAD – 1 st Prize
- Agrim (RBIM)- Drama – 3 rd Prize
- Xcellon – Product Selling – Runners Up