Khandra College (KC Burdwan) is situated in Burdwan in West Bengal state of India. Established in 1981, it is accredited from UGC and it is affiliated to University of Burdwan. Khandra College KC Burdwan, Burdwan offers 12 courses across 5 streams namely Arts, Law / Humanities, Commerce / Banking, Mass Comm, Sciences and across 4 degrees like BA (Hons.), B.A., B.Com, B.Sc..Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Canteen, Counselling, Lib, Sports are also there.
Awards and Rankings
I. Assessments and Accreditation of the college by National Assessments and Accreditation Council, Bangalore, Govt. of India
2. Introduction of Honours courses of Studies in Sanskrit and Economics
3. Introduction of General Courses of Studies in Geography and Mathematics
4. Construction of New Library Building with partly computerized Library Facilities
5. Inauguration of New Canteen
6. Construction of New Seminar Hall
7. onstruction of Girls Common Room with Indoor Games Facilities
8. Construction of New Class - Room kw Honours Courses 9. Increase of Seats in Honours Courses of Studies
10. Introduction of UGC Sponsored Career Oriented Courses.
11. Beutification of College campus including construction of concrete Approach road to College
12. Result of Overall under - graduate students especially in Commerce, Bengali, Poilitical Science Honours (obtaining 1st class) is satisfactory, notable one ex-student of Pol. Sc. awarded goki Medal in Post - Graduate from the University of Burdwan
13. Opening of Modern & Equipped Gymnasium
14. Opening of Students Health Home with medical facilities to students at concessional rate
15. 1,1Iution free GHreen College Campus and sustainabnle development of brotherhood amongst the students.
16. Supply of Purified Drinking Water
17. Financial Support to poor & meritorious students
18. Opening of Computer Lab. for Commerce Department
19. Railway concession to bonafide students
20. Introduction of (a) Honour Course of Studies i Philosophy and Geognphy (b) General courses of Studies in Hindi.
21. Construction of Girls Hostelk (under process)
22. Construction of Annex Buildings (under process)
23. Introduction of BBa
24. Opening of National Cadet Courses (N.C.C.) in the college
1 . Quite a good number of Full Free & Half Free Studentships are awarded to meritorious needy students. Privilege will be confined to the maximum of 10 % student admitted in the respective classes on merit cum means basis. Application must accompany Income Certificate of the guardian. Such applications will be considered by duly constituted committee under the chairmanship of the Principal. The decision of the committee is final. & binding.
2. Govt. Scholarship: Govt. Scholarship of merit for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes are distributed to students belonging to these categories as and when funds are available from the Govt. National Scholarship are also distributed to the meritorious students as sanctioned by the Govt.
3. StudentsAid Fund: The amount received as contribution from the students to Students Aid Fund is used to offer financial help to the poor meritorious students. Separate notification are used for awarding these concession. Modes of application for obtaining these concessions are mentioned in the notification. Awards are recommended by the Principal. No questioning or canvassing for this purpose is entertained. Awards may be withdrawn or discontinued at any time for awardees misconduct.
Contact Details of Khandra College, Burdwan
Address:P.O - Khandra, Dist : Burdwan (W.B) Pin - 713363
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place